svklt

K1 visa fees for Montreal appointment

20 posts in this topic

On 1/11/2022 at 2:13 PM, svklt said:

Hi, my appointment letter for Montreal says "K (fiancé/e) visas: Must pay before arriving at Consulate.  See https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/information/fee for more information. (Please bring a copy of your MRV fee payment.) ". There is the fees that must be paid on the link, But I don't see any further info or link on where to pay.  Any one knows?  Did people pay at the embassy on the day of interview? Please help. Thanks. 

For anyone else reading this post and having website issues, you can pay the fee (in cash) at the consulate at your interview. I believe it is 265 US or 340 Canadian. There is an ATM at the bank downstairs.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/13/2022 at 8:13 AM, PostitTombow said:

For anyone else reading this post and having website issues, you can pay the fee (in cash) at the consulate at your interview. I believe it is 265 US or 340 Canadian. There is an ATM at the bank downstairs.

That was my experience as well. I brought US dollars with me to Canada. The consular cashier even gave my fiancé exact change.

FYI: Our visa just arrived by CanadaPost 13 days after our interview. 🥳 It contained his passport with printed visa (expires 6 months after interview) and a thick envelope. I am guessing that it contains our relationship evidence. For future reference, our ais.usvisa-info.com account never updated. It still shows Current Status: Appointment. So if yours does not update because you paid your visa with cash, do not panic! Just make sure to copy down your XpressPost tracking number before you give your envelope to security. Unlike USPS, CanadaPost does not print your tracking number on your receipt.

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/11/2022 at 11:13 AM, svklt said:

Hi, my appointment letter for Montreal says "K (fiancé/e) visas: Must pay before arriving at Consulate.  See https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/information/fee for more information. (Please bring a copy of your MRV fee payment.) ". There is the fees that must be paid on the link, But I don't see any further info or link on where to pay.  Any one knows?  Did people pay at the embassy on the day of interview? Please help. Thanks. 

Hi! I’m currently struggling with this same issue. I was looking for a solution and saw your post. May I ask how you were able to solve this? I’m stressing. Thank you! :) 

8 hours ago, A+N said:

Hi! I’m currently struggling with this same issue. I was looking for a solution and saw your post. May I ask how you were able to solve this? I’m stressing. Thank you! :)

Hi, I sent an email to the address ("U.S. Visa Information Service (Canada Yatri)" <canada_contactus@visaops.net>) and explained my problem with screen shots of the process and issue. They got back to me in a few days. After a few back and forth, the account was set to pay the fees. Also make sure you selected "immigrant visa" as the choice on the Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service | English (usvisa-info.com)

Also see the Visa Application Payment Issues email in the Contact section of the ais service: Contact Us | Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service | Canada | English (usvisa-info.com)

Best wishes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, svklt said:

Hi, I sent an email to the address ("U.S. Visa Information Service (Canada Yatri)" <canada_contactus@visaops.net>) and explained my problem with screen shots of the process and issue. They got back to me in a few days. After a few back and forth, the account was set to pay the fees. Also make sure you selected "immigrant visa" as the choice on the Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service | English (usvisa-info.com)

Also see the Visa Application Payment Issues email in the Contact section of the ais service: Contact Us | Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service | Canada | English (usvisa-info.com)

Best wishes.

Thank you! I reached out to them via email and they said that the payment option will appear once interview appointments are available. So hopefully it works out! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.