svklt

K1 visa fees for Montreal appointment

20 posts in this topic

Hi, my appointment letter for Montreal says "K (fiancé/e) visas: Must pay before arriving at Consulate.  See https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/information/fee for more information. (Please bring a copy of your MRV fee payment.) ". There is the fees that must be paid on the link, But I don't see any further info or link on where to pay.  Any one knows?  Did people pay at the embassy on the day of interview? Please help. Thanks. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As per the instructions, you have to create an account.  Click Sign in on the top right.  Proceed from there to create a new user account. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/11/2022 at 11:13 AM, svklt said:

Hi, my appointment letter for Montreal says "K (fiancé/e) visas: Must pay before arriving at Consulate.  See https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/information/fee for more information. (Please bring a copy of your MRV fee payment.) ". There is the fees that must be paid on the link, But I don't see any further info or link on where to pay.  Any one knows?  Did people pay at the embassy on the day of interview? Please help. Thanks. 

Hi svklt, were you successful in paying your fee through the ais.usvisa-info.com website?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/11/2022 at 2:13 PM, svklt said:

I thought I would quickly mention that although it is highly recommended to pay on the website, a few people in my interview batch (February 1, 2022) were also unable to pay the MRV fee through the website. We were allowed to pay in cash at the consulate.

Timeline
On 1/22/2022 at 11:58 AM, svklt said:

Hi, yes I have gotten the problem resolved. Thanks for checking in. Best wishes. 

Hi @svklt, I noticed you and I had the same interview date. My CEAC is shown as Issued since Thursday but I still have no tracking info on ais.usvisa-info.com. It just says "Current Status: Appointment". Did they ship your visa to you? Did they send an e-mail? Thanks in advance.

Hi DE CS, I got an email from usvisa-info with the tracking number soon after my ceac changed to issued. At the end of business day, I got a message from Canada Post, my courier option, that the package was picked up with the tracking number. I would call or send email to usvisa-info asking them for the tracking number. the following is the content of email I got from usvisa-info. 

dear…..

The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Montreal has released document related to your Visa application to our courier CPC. The document is being sent via the courier option you selected at registration.
The tracking number for the package is xxxxxxxxxxxxcc.  It can take up to 1 business day after receiving this notice before your shipment is available to be tracked. Please do not contact the courier company before this time as no additional information will be available. You may track the progress of this shipment at (link). The shipment process takes an average of one to two business days from the time you receive this notice.

For a list of identification required to receive returned document(s) and additional information related to courier services, please refer to the information at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/information/courier

The data we have on file is:
Applicant Name: 
passport number:

Best regards, 
The GDIT Visa Appointment and Information Service Team

Timeline
On 2/7/2022 at 4:18 PM, svklt said:

Hi DE CS, I got an email from usvisa-info with the tracking number soon after my ceac changed to issued. At the end of business day, I got a message from Canada Post, my courier option, that the package was picked up with the tracking number. I would call or send email to usvisa-info asking them for the tracking number. the following is the content of email I got from usvisa-info. 

dear…..

The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Montreal has released document related to your Visa application to our courier CPC. The document is being sent via the courier option you selected at registration.
The tracking number for the package is xxxxxxxxxxxxcc.  It can take up to 1 business day after receiving this notice before your shipment is available to be tracked. Please do not contact the courier company before this time as no additional information will be available. You may track the progress of this shipment at (link). The shipment process takes an average of one to two business days from the time you receive this notice.

For a list of identification required to receive returned document(s) and additional information related to courier services, please refer to the information at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/information/courier

The data we have on file is:
Applicant Name: 
passport number:

Best regards, 
The GDIT Visa Appointment and Information Service Team

Thank you very much! Mine shows it was Issued as of last Thursday, February 3. On what date did your CEAC status change to Issued?

564163685_ScreenShot2022-02-09at11_25_12AM.thumb.png.80b9b717cb7d3fe777a65441c6448654.png

Thanks a lot of your time.

Timeline

And one more question: did you also need to go to a CanadaPost location on the day of your interview to buy a courier envelope?

No. Mailing by Canada Post or if you paid for premium courier service Is taken care of by the embassy. So I opted for the free delivery to the post office location in Montreal for me to pick up. It was mailed out through Canada Post’s Xpresspost service. It got delivered to the post office location within one business day of pick up from embassy. Of course if you opted for premium courier Setvice, it would get delivered by courier to your address or chosen courier location 

On 2/7/2022 at 6:29 PM, DE CS said:

Hi @svklt, I noticed you and I had the same interview date. My CEAC is shown as Issued since Thursday but I still have no tracking info on ais.usvisa-info.com. It just says "Current Status: Appointment". Did they ship your visa to you? Did they send an e-mail? Thanks in advance.

No. Mailing by Canada Post or if you paid for premium courier service Is taken care of by the embassy. So I opted for the free delivery to the post office location in Montreal for me to pick up. It was mailed out through Canada Post’s Xpresspost service. It got delivered to the post office location within one business day of pick up from embassy. Of course if you opted for premium courier Setvice, it would get delivered by courier to your address or chosen courier location 

On 2/7/2022 at 6:29 PM, DE CS said:

Mine changed to issued on Feb 3 as well in the morning. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, svklt said:

Mine changed to issued on Feb 3 as well in the morning. 

Thanks for your response. This is helpful. Good grief. We actually had paid for 3 envelopes on the website (support reset our account twice to try to get it to prompt us for the K-1 MRV fee payment) and two envelopes at a CanadaPost branch office on interview day as printed instructions of consulate staff. The first envelope (MEDIUM size) was too small. It turns out they gave us the instructions for new US passports, not K-1 visas. So the consulate called us to return with a second prepaid LARGE envelope. I suppose this hold up is all due to us paying in cash in person for our MRV fee. I sent an e-mail to the consulate to inquire.

Timeline
20 hours ago, DE CS said:

Thanks for your response. This is helpful. Good grief. We actually had paid for 3 envelopes on the website (support reset our account twice to try to get it to prompt us for the K-1 MRV fee payment) and two envelopes at a CanadaPost branch office on interview day as printed instructions of consulate staff. The first envelope (MEDIUM size) was too small. It turns out they gave us the instructions for new US passports, not K-1 visas. So the consulate called us to return with a second prepaid LARGE envelope. I suppose this hold up is all due to us paying in cash in person for our MRV fee. I sent an e-mail to the consulate to inquire.

Just thought I'd follow up. 9 days after our interview, and 7 days after CEAC changed our status to Issued, the envelope we purchased on interview day and gave to security was finally shipped. Ours was printed on the same day as many others, but was shipped a week later. I suppose if you're unlucky to just miss the courier by an hour or two, you have to wait a week.

453089513_ScreenShot2022-02-10at11_53_06AM.thumb.png.429266f765b8d6684ce6ca4cfd18e281.png

A warning to those future VJ members who pay the K-1 MRV fee in cash at the Montreal consulate like we did: it may be worth to keep e-mailing AIS.usvisa-info.com until they fix your account so it allows you to pay the K-1 MRV fee online. Otherwise, you have to deal with the extra burden of running between CanadaPost and the consulate after your interview. It could be that this was actually unnecessary and the local consular staff did not need to give us printed instructions as normal service is free for K-1 visas, but not other services (e.g. birth certificates, US passports). The instructions had us buy a postage-paid XpressPost envelope of the wrong size (MEDIUM) at the post office. We later learned this instruction sheet was intended for US citizens getting new US passports (LARGE is needed for K-1s due to the extra sealed envelope to show at POE). Our AIS.usvisa-info.com status never changed so I just assume our account there is hosed.

I hope this helps someone in the future to be wary of not fixing your AIS profile. They may still interview you and allow you to pay, but then you will be in a grey area where presumably high turnover staff may not be adequately trained to handle the situation without a few hiccups.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.