Gomast

Interview Was Scheduled - Questions and concerns

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Last Thursday I was venting my frustration of having to wait 2.5 years for an interview, and then this weekend my online case status changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"!

I would like to thank everybody for the support and answering my questions. I know that I still have a long way to go, and it's much easier with VJ.

I haven't received an interview date in the mail yet. I called USCIS and they didn't know the date.

I have some questions about the interview:

1. Would my wife be allowed to go in to the interview with me?

2. If everything goes well in the interview, will a 10 years or 2 years GC be issued?

3. Medicals - I did my medical examination on 5/19/2019. I entered the US on a K-1 on 7/19/2019. USCIS received my AOS package on 9/23/2019.

- Is my medical examination form still valid? The instructions of the I-693 state that "The Form I-693 must be dated no earlier than 60 days before you filed your underlying application". It has been 4 months between my medical examination and the submission of the AOS package. It seems that on VJ, most interview RFEs are related to expired I-693. Should I just schedule an appointment with a civil surgeon to fill out an I-693, just to be on the safe side?

- I submitted the AOS package before COVID-19. The immunization record that I submitted for the K-1 did not include the COVID-19 vaccine. I understand that USCIS requires it now. I am already vaccinated. Should I have a civil surgeon fill out a new DS-3025 prior to the interview?

4. I have 2 traffic violations, of going through a red light. I did not do the violations. I was living in Israel at the time of the violations, in 2018. When I arrived to the US in 2019, I found out about the violations, the trial was over (without me knowing that it was held), and I just paid the fines because I was not able to appeal. I don't have any other violations. Is this an issue? Should I bring any documentation about it to the interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Gomast said:

10 years

10 years.

4 minutes ago, Gomast said:

Would my wife be allowed to go in to the interview with me?

She HAS to go.

4 minutes ago, Gomast said:

Should I just schedule an appointment with a civil surgeon to fill out an I-693, just to be on the safe side?

Yep.

5 minutes ago, Gomast said:

I submitted the AOS package before COVID-19. The immunization record that I submitted for the K-1 did not include the COVID-19 vaccine. I understand that USCIS requires it now. I am already vaccinated. Should I have a civil surgeon fill out a new DS-3025 prior to the interview?

Not sure about that one.

I did not do the violations.

What do you mean?

Should I bring any documentation about it to the interview?

Yes.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline

Regarding the traffic violations - I had a pickup truck in Florida, registered under my name. My dad has been using it in Florida, for his work. One of his employees who was driving the pickup truck was caught going through a red light with a camera. Because the truck was under my name, I got the points, even though I was living in Israel at the time. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Just now, Gomast said:

Regarding the traffic violations - I had a pickup truck in Florida, registered under my name. My dad has been using it in Florida, for his work. One of his employees who was driving the pickup truck was caught going through a red light with a camera. Because the truck was under my name, I got the points, even though I was living in Israel at the time. 

Oh ok, I see what you mean. Well, did you disclose it in the application? 

I would take ALL the documents you have about the incident, and disclose at the interview.

Sort of off- topic, but precisely to avoid these situations, make sure that whoever is driving your truck/ car is covered by your insurance. And don't allow anyone that is not in the title to drive it. Unfortunately you don't know what people will do.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline

@Rocio0010 Thank you so much for your response!

Unfortunately I couldn't disclose it in the AOS application because only I found out about it later.

I agree about the insurance - this person was covered. Now I don't let anyone else drive my car, other than my wife :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.