NoMansLand2020

Financial Support documents

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are getting ready to go to the embassy and there seems to be a lot of misinformation and contradictory information. 

Per the Embassy website, we need to provide financial supporting documents. Are these documents separate from the ones I need to provide along with Affidavit of Support (I-134), or is this part of the same thing? 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Same documents:   Most recent tax return/transcript  and W-2.     

BUT ... always a butt.  Since 2014 the embassy is very sporadic asking for support documents

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Same documents:   Most recent tax return/transcript  and W-2.     

BUT ... always a butt.  Since 2014 the embassy is very sporadic asking for support documents

So I will need to have several copies of the same thing? I know I have to fill out a separate I 134 for her and the two kids, but can they share the same supporting documents... Tax transcripts, w2, bnak statements?   

Timeline
2 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

So I will need to have several copies of the same thing? I know I have to fill out a separate I 134 for her and the two kids, but can they share the same supporting documents... Tax transcripts, w2, bnak statements?   

Photo copies will work.    NO bank statements .. the embassy will not take them .. unless you count on interest as part of your income.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Photo copies will work.    NO bank statements .. the embassy will not take them .. unless you count on interest as part of your income

Not sure I am being understood. Does each applicant need to have my W2s and tax transcripts... Or can they be shared among the three? I am trying to limit what my fiancée needs to have printed out. 

Bank statements typically show direct deposits from employers. Showing money is frequently coming into the account. 

Edited by NoMansLand2020

3 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

Bank statements typically show direct deposits from employers. Showing money is frequently coming into the account. 

Your tax transcript shows that.

Timeline
12 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

Not sure I am being understood. Does each applicant need to have my W2s and tax transcripts... Or can they be shared among the three? I am trying to limit what my fiancée needs to have printed out. 

I understood .. you didn't grasp what I meant by photo copies work being you didn't provide copies for EACH application.

EACH person has a separate visa application .. there is not a "family plan", each person is granted a visa on their own merit .... each person provides a  DS-160 (Visa application), medical and required documents.   It is that simple.

Lastly .. the embassy does NOT want bank statements, whether they show a direct deposit or not.   Your tax return and W-2 show your income ... and that is what the embassy will want to see ... IF they even ask for support evidience.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

As 2021 W2s and Tax Transcripts are not currently available for most, I am good to submit 2020, and 2019. 

Yes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.