Naveed Sultan

Document Missing after Get Email Documentary Qualified

16 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The NVC emailed me more than one year before saying I was a Documentary Qualified in the f4 Category - and they were going to schedule an interview.

BUT today when I check my case randomly on the ceac website, I am wondering to see how they put that I am missing one item on my civil document (a police certificate of my son) which one before submitted and all accepted.

Now the question is that if I will submit this missing document again, then my DQ is moving a long time forward again or what happens? I am confused about what to do.

Is this a CEAC glitch or what? Should I upload this? Will it interfere with my Documentary Qualified status? Should I ignore it? I'm inclined to just upload this document and assume it won't mess with the timeline.

(and also if It is necessary to upload PCS again, should it be new one because old one have valid only 180 days.)

Please help me to resolve this problem, thank you.

DQ 4 Aug 2020.jpg

Timeline
On 12/27/2021 at 10:20 PM, Naveed Sultan said:

The NVC emailed me more than one year before saying I was a Documentary Qualified in the f4 Category - and they were going to schedule an interview.

BUT today when I check my case randomly on the ceac website, I am wondering to see how they put that I am missing one item on my civil document (a police certificate of my son) which one before submitted and all accepted.

Now the question is that if I will submit this missing document again, then my DQ is moving a long time forward again or what happens? I am confused about what to do.

Is this a CEAC glitch or what? Should I upload this? Will it interfere with my Documentary Qualified status? Should I ignore it? I'm inclined to just upload this document and assume it won't mess with the timeline.

(and also if It is necessary to upload PCS again, should it be new one because old one have valid only 180 days.)

DQ 4 Aug 2020.jpg

Did your son just turned 17 years old?

I am in the exact same boat...... I submitted as i have been advised it wont push you to the end of the queue.....

Timeline
5 hours ago, Mohsin.M said:

Did your son just turned 17 years old?

I am in the exact same boat...... I submitted as i have been advised it wont push you to the end of the queue.....

Thank you for your nice reply.

Yes, he is 17 years Old now, Kindly tell me that do you submit new PCC or the old ones.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Naveed Sultan said:

Thank you for your nice reply.

Yes, he is 17 years Old now, Kindly tell me that do you submit new PCC or the old ones.

It’s a bit confusing now….have they asked to submit PCC for your son only or for everyone including derivatives? I think it must be for the son who just turned 17….anyway you are supposed to submit for whosoever they are asking for

On 12/27/2021 at 11:20 AM, Naveed Sultan said:

a police certificate of my son

12 hours ago, nomanjl said:

Is Police Report for Pakistan?

1 hour ago, Mohsin.M said:

you are supposed to submit for whosoever they are asking for

Police certificates from Pakistan are NOT required, regardless of the applicant's age and visa category.  Only court records are required IF the applicant has ever been through court proceedings in Pakistan.  Here's what the official Department of State website says -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

"Pakistan does not have a nationwide system to track criminal activities.  Police Character Certificates are available for a fee from District Coordinating Offices.  However, they are not an accurate reflection of an individual's criminal record.  An applicant who has committed a crime in one district may be able to obtain a clean Character Certificate from that district or another.  Given the inaccuracy of these certificates, they are not required for consular processing."

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mohsin.M said:

It’s a bit confusing now….have they asked to submit PCC for your son only or for everyone including derivatives? I think it must be for the son who just turned 17….anyway you are supposed to submit for whosoever they are asking for

I am still confused that either I submit new PCC or old one?   (That one I submitted before)

Timeline
3 hours ago, Chancy said:

Police certificates from Pakistan are NOT required, regardless of the applicant's age and visa category.  Only court records are required IF the applicant has ever been through court proceedings in Pakistan.  Here's what the official Department of State website says -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

"Pakistan does not have a nationwide system to track criminal activities.  Police Character Certificates are available for a fee from District Coordinating Offices.  However, they are not an accurate reflection of an individual's criminal record.  An applicant who has committed a crime in one district may be able to obtain a clean Character Certificate from that district or another.  Given the inaccuracy of these certificates, they are not required for consular processing."

Thank you for nice info, But Is it possible that they asked for this missing document according through the automatic generating system?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Naveed Sultan said:

I am still confused that either I submit new PCC or old one?   (That one I submitted before)

You did not answer my question, are they asking for PCC for everyone including Beneficiary and Derivatives are just the son?

Did your son just turned 17 years old? If yes how come your submit his PCC previously as NVC does not ask for PCC for someone who is not 17 years old.

If they are asking for PCC for everyone then i think you are supposed to submit a new one as your interview must be nearing and they want a valid certificate.

Also what us your Priority date? 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Mohsin.M said:

You did not answer my question, are they asking for PCC for everyone including Beneficiary and Derivatives are just the son?

Did your son just turned 17 years old? If yes how come your submit his PCC previously as NVC does not ask for PCC for someone who is not 17 years old.

If they are asking for PCC for everyone then i think you are supposed to submit a new one as your interview must be nearing and they want a valid certificate.

Also what us your Priority date? 

Sorry bro, No, they only ask My Son PCC, yes, he is 17 years old now and they asked for missing document of my Son PCC that one I already submitted before, My PD is 22 March 2007.

What is your PD and DQ and what is the position of your case now? Thank you

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Naveed Sultan said:

Sorry bro, No, they only ask My Son PCC, yes, he is 17 years old now and they asked for missing document of my Son PCC that one I already submitted before, My PD is 22 March 2007.

What is your PD and DQ and what is the position of your case now? Thank you

Then i think you should get a fresh one and submit that..... My PD is June 2007 and i am DQ's since August 2020

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mohsin.M said:

Then i think you should get a fresh one and submit that..... My PD is June 2007 and i am DQ's since August 2020

Ok, thank you, I also think so that it's better to submit new one.

Can you tell me, which city are you belong to in Pakistan?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 8:20 PM, Naveed Sultan said:

DQ 4 Aug 2020.jpg

I believe that this is blatantly a technical glitch, hence nothing to worry about it so long as you are still receiving the notification from NVC reminding you that everything is in line and your case is waiting for an interview appointment to be scheduled by the US embassy.

When I first saw such glitch in my case I was confused what to do between contacting NVC about the matter and uploading the document again. At a glance, I realised doing the latter might affect the DQ status so opted for the 1st option. Then again, I decided not to take any action instead remain positive and see if I receive the next notification from NVC. As I anticipated, I received the next notification regarding my case from NVC and it all cleared my doubts. 

I hope this information helps.

Wishing you all the best

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.