Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,971 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, PeterW said:

I haven't received the notice. 

Was it an RFE? Or completely denied? Is your lawyer surprised or they expected? You seem to have a really good CV, 1000+ citations is not an easy task, and I'm sure you had good letters. Perhaps you can apply again (or spend some few months until waiver comes through then get apply EB or H1). I'm pending since Sep 2021 at DoS, and applying for O-1 soon, so I'm definitely know how you feel. 

I'm cautiously optimistic for all of us, that things will start moving soon. Good luck to all.

Is it safe to go back to home country for few months and apply for job after the waiver come through? If the Employer wants in person interview on what visa can i come back? 
Is it easy to come back? Or get visa again. 
Any suggestion? Physician from Pakistan, what do you think. The visa situation in our country. 
if DOS processed my case on 12th month it will be November December 2023. I can stay till October 2023 with board extension.

What would you guys do in a situation like this?

14 minutes ago, Hanijani said:

Is it safe to go back to home country for few months and apply for job after the waiver come through? If the Employer wants in person interview on what visa can i come back? 
Any suggestion? Physician from Pakistan, what do you think. The visa situation in our country. 
if DOS processed my case on 12th month it will be November December 2023. I can stay till October 2023 with board extension.

This is my timeline. I am planning to go back and wait for it

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hanijani said:

It's not easy to come back. You should ask a lawyer. And even if the DOS processed your case in just 12 months (which has not been the case for any Pakistani physicians that I know of), USCIS still needs to process the final decision. And I'm starting to see delays with that. 

5 hours ago, DrIdaddoq said:

Was it an RFE? Or completely denied? Is your lawyer surprised or they expected? You seem to have a really good CV, 1000+ citations is not an easy task, and I'm sure you had good letters. Perhaps you can apply again (or spend some few months until waiver comes through then get apply EB or H1). I'm pending since Sep 2021 at DoS, and applying for O-1 soon, so I'm definitely know how you feel. 

I'm cautiously optimistic for all of us, that things will start moving soon. Good luck to all.

Completely denied after a response to RFE. If your O1 will send to VSC, please don't request premium process. Otherwise, it will be high risky.

15 hours ago, Robble42 said:

It's not easy to come back. You should ask a lawyer. And even if the DOS processed your case in just 12 months (which has not been the case for any Pakistani physicians that I know of), USCIS still needs to process the final decision. And I'm starting to see delays with that. 

I have seen 3-4 people here from Pakistan with J-1 waiver pending from Late 2021. Is it a coincidence or this country has some policy issues with US.

18 minutes ago, Hardship_waiver said:

I have seen 3-4 people here from Pakistan with J-1 waiver pending from Late 2021. Is it a coincidence or this country has some policy issues with US.

18 minutes ago, Hardship_waiver said:

I have seen 3-4 people here from Pakistan with J-1 waiver pending from Late 2021. Is it a coincidence or this country has some policy issues with 

I have hardship waiver pending at DOS. From the timeline these days it can take upto an year mode. My questions are as follows:

1- if I get J1 extension based on my boards, can I exit USA and get J1 stamped on basis of my new DS2019 after extension to re-enter? considering i have hardship pending at dos

2- my husband will be on H1b. After approval of my hardship waiver, can I switch to H4?

3- can I re-enter USA on B1/B2 after my extension ends to stay with my husband while i wait for my hardship? 

Please share your thoughts with experiences.

14 hours ago, PeterW said:

Completely denied after a response to RFE. If your O1 will send to VSC, please don't request premium process. Otherwise, it will be high risky.

Hi, I am so sorry that your o1 got denied with such credentials, I  am in a similar situation, hardship pending with dos close to 15 month, applied for o1 visa went to Vermont under premium processing , got RFE, 2/3 criteria satisfied - major significance  not met, planning to file response , my query is do they provide officer ID number. I have the fax notice it does not show any such information. the reason I am asking, i have a friend  whose eb1 was approved after a response to rfe in her case , officer ID number was present in the rfe notice, he got some prior experiences from google search which was helpful fro the RFE notice response, my lawyers not giving a clear answer. thank you  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hardship_waiver said:

It does seem suspicious. We complained to the Constitutional Law Center for Muslims in America, but they only deal with systemic issues. Maybe if they get enough complaints about this, they'll file a class action lawsuit.

16 minutes ago, DESMIN said:

Hi, I am so sorry that your o1 got denied with such credentials, I  am in a similar situation, hardship pending with dos close to 15 month, applied for o1 visa went to Vermont under premium processing , got RFE, 2/3 criteria satisfied - major significance  not met, planning to file response , my query is do they provide officer ID number. I have the fax notice it does not show any such information. the reason I am asking, i have a friend  whose eb1 was approved after a response to rfe in her case , officer ID number was present in the rfe notice, he got some prior experiences from google search which was helpful fro the RFE notice response, my lawyers not giving a clear answer. thank you  

I am sorry it seems that the ID of the officer is not shown in the notice. I don't find it. Just try your best to work through it. I haven't received the denial notice, and I have no idea about the reasons. In the RFE notice, it said I am not the first author in the publications. However, I am the first author or co-first author in 3 papers I listed as significant projects. The notice also said, even the citation examples are remarkable, but it doesn't mean it is widely comment. Even though the citation number is high, no evidence support it is due to my individual contribution. Even the model I established is used in industry for new technique, but no data support the new technique is widely used.   I also had an approved EB1 some months ago. It seems some officers are very strict. Hopefully, it is helpful for you and good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.