Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,975 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, DESMIN said:

I am close to 15 months at dos in 2 weeks time. any body beyond that ? Any idea can we expect in the coming month or so? is there anything we can ask our lawyers to do collectively rather then just waiting ? 

Did you receive US government funding? That’s what usually delays the process 

Timeline
2 hours ago, DESMIN said:

I am close to 15 months at dos in 2 weeks time. any body beyond that ? Any idea can we expect in the coming month or so? is there anything we can ask our lawyers to do collectively rather then just waiting ? 

In a couple of weeks, we'll be at 17 months (no gov't funding). We're trying to figure out if there's some extra processing depending on country. The DOS's "first-in, first-out" process is a lie. 

5 minutes ago, Robble42 said:

In a couple of weeks, we'll be at 17 months (no gov't funding). We're trying to figure out if there's some extra processing depending on country. The DOS's "first-in, first-out" process is a lie. 

No Government funding. agree first come thing is a lie. or our luck our case went to a lazy officer

44 minutes ago, Robble42 said:

It's country dependent for sure. Try reminding DOS through emails (both self and through lawyer) that they are well beyond normal time limit (when we filed our cases, normal processing time was 4-6 months). Even if you gain nothing out of it, it will reduce some of your stress. I hope you get it now as 17 months is too much. 

12 hours ago, Robble42 said:

We are in the 10 month, but grace period now. No job. The US kid will lose medical care within this month.

10 minutes ago, surefire6 said:

15 months 1 week and 1 day here At DOS still nothing 

waiting since it went to DOS Sept of 2021

Still pending at DOS 

I'm a physician 

At what point in residency you (and other physicians here) filled for hardship? My case is at DOS for a month now and visa ends June 2023, at most can stay till october with board extension. I am wondering how are you guys planning to stay? Or you still have time?

47 minutes ago, Hanijani said:

At what point in residency you (and other physicians here) filled for hardship? My case is at DOS for a month now and visa ends June 2023, at most can stay till october with board extension. I am wondering how are you guys planning to stay? Or you still have time?

I applied my last year of residency, then I had a 1 year fellowship.

Now I am on an O1 status

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.