bready99

From Russia with Love

21 posts in this topic

Congrats we have all had the misunderstanding issues, its what makes the adventure so much fun. My wifes English is pretty good but sometimes I will mix up what she says on purpose just to have fun. That is when she tells me soon she will have two children instead of just the big one.

:lol:

No translation issues there!

My wife and I communicate in at least three languages (English, Russian, and just for good measure, a Korean word thrown in here and there) in order to be understood. It works, but only when the "sex language" is working as well.

Whenever the "sex language" isn't working, none of the others work either! (And every other language quickly turns into the "NO SEX" language!)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

My wife and I communicate in at least three languages (English, Russian, and just for good measure, a Korean word thrown in here and there) in order to be understood. It works, but only when the "sex language" is working as well.

Whenever the "sex language" isn't working, none of the others work either! (And every other language quickly turns into the "NO SEX" language!)

I think we all hear the "NO SEX" Language but Ill be honest I dont hear it from the wife its from the OB-GYN.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have a hard time understanding how you can fall in love with a person if you don't speak a common language fluently, but there's lots of things I don't understand, so I better shut up :)

This question is pretty simple to answer for me. There is more to loving each other then speaking a common language fluently. If it was that simple (just language) then there would not be so many divorces or break-ups in this country (U.S.A.) or even in the world.

To answer the question for us, it is the way we look at each other, the way we treat each other, the way she laughs or smiles at the things I do. It is how we are able to hug each other after being so frustrated with some of the things we do or say or can't say to each other. We communicate in many ways with each other and, for the most part, it is all enjoyable. We do talk to each other and we do help each other in many ways. I think being in love is all about how each person "completes" the other person. It's not just about talking and it's not all about sex, it's all about how well two people are able to relate to each other and feel good in that relationship. Love is all about feelings and emotions and how two people are able to share and communicate those feelings. Speaking a similar language is just one way of communicating those emotions. I think those of you who havedifficulty understanding how two people can be in love without spaeking a common language fluently will also have difficulty in understanding those people who can fall in love at first sight, but that's another topic.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Add me to the list.

I was once told that the couples communicate through sex, but that must be a joke!

Definitely a joke! :lol:

You think it would be appropriate to start a topic with a question about it in the title? Or would it be tactless?

I think this would be a good topic under the general forum... It is always good to see how different people go about answering the age old question of how they go about communicating their love for one another... I think in all of cases

(people with foreign partners) , we tend to have to rely on more then just talking, which I think may helps us in making our relationships more fuller... but that is my personal opinion.

we tend to have to rely on more then just talking, which I think may helps us in making our relationships more fuller... but that is my personal opinion.

The non-verbal communication in an "internatinal" relationship is definitely more present than in a "domestic" relationship, and sex is a natural extension of that. Don't know exactly what to say.... well here, try this! Now you get it, don't you!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.