CovidSucks21

Got an interview....butttt

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, CovidSucks21 said:

Her Dubai police clearance shows it was issued Nov 2 2020.  I'm lucky her Taiwan one shows no expiration date on it.  She has gotten two cenomars.  I hope the 3rd shows up before the interview but it had to be sent further from where she lives.  Will calling the embassy be any help in clarifying this?  I'm using Rapidvisa as my service and they really can't give any legal advice.  

"As for the NBI and CENOMAR not being ready for the interview, that is not a major issue, attention the interview as scheduled, explain to the CO during the interview, then submit the NBI & CENOMAR through 2GO once she has them."

What is the 2GO?  She was able to successfully renew her NBI.  It's just the Cenomar.  

2GO is the delivery service used by the embassy  (like FedEx)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats on having patiently waited and now are about to be rewarded!  My knowledge regarding the question you asked about police clearance's is this; providing that you have not returned to the country in question (Dubai) and if you are seeking an interview in Manilla (I am making an assumption here) then you need not worry!  My lady and I are also patiently waiting (Sep 2020 filer) but she required a PC from Singapore as she had worked there years ago.  I had been patiently waiting to secure the clearance because of the 1 year validity but I was informed so long as she had not been back to Singapore the PC never expired so we went ahead and secured it so that was one less thing to do when our case finally reaches the top of the pile!  I hope this helps!

Timeline
On 12/18/2021 at 9:41 AM, Pack88 said:

Congrats on having patiently waited and now are about to be rewarded!  My knowledge regarding the question you asked about police clearance's is this; providing that you have not returned to the country in question (Dubai) and if you are seeking an interview in Manilla (I am making an assumption here) then you need not worry!  My lady and I are also patiently waiting (Sep 2020 filer) but she required a PC from Singapore as she had worked there years ago.  I had been patiently waiting to secure the clearance because of the 1 year validity but I was informed so long as she had not been back to Singapore the PC never expired so we went ahead and secured it so that was one less thing to do when our case finally reaches the top of the pile!  I hope this helps!

That definitely sounds reassuring.  I spent 5hrs trying to get a hold of the embassy yesterday only for them to tell me the same thing.  "Show up.  Bring your paperwork.  If we need more we will tell you. "  They wouldn't really say any more than that.  I'm keeping her appt.  If her cenomar comes in it comes in.  If not she has 2 expired to show.  Her Dubai one we will not even try to get since it's pain the ###.  The Taiwan she has doesn't have an expiration on it so I'm leaving it as is.  She will be bringing her passport to show that she hasn't returned to those countries.  I really hope that is enough.  I wish I could be there to help her through it because I know she will be worried.  WISH ME LUCK!

On 12/20/2021 at 10:56 AM, CovidSucks21 said:

That definitely sounds reassuring.  I spent 5hrs trying to get a hold of the embassy yesterday only for them to tell me the same thing.  "Show up.  Bring your paperwork.  If we need more we will tell you. "  They wouldn't really say any more than that.  I'm keeping her appt.  If her cenomar comes in it comes in.  If not she has 2 expired to show.  Her Dubai one we will not even try to get since it's pain the ###.  The Taiwan she has doesn't have an expiration on it so I'm leaving it as is.  She will be bringing her passport to show that she hasn't returned to those countries.  I really hope that is enough.  I wish I could be there to help her through it because I know she will be worried.  WISH ME LUCK!

Recent State Department guidance for adjudication stipulates that police clearances are currently valid up to two years, regardless of the expiration date that may be on the document itself. If she's refused 221(g) for a current CENOMAR, then it's just a matter of submitting it via 2GO after the interview.  Or the officer may request one directly submitted/delivered by PSA itself (to avoid any fraud).  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Karabast39 said:

Recent State Department guidance for adjudication stipulates that police clearances are currently valid up to two years, regardless of the expiration date that may be on the document itself. If she's refused 221(g) for a current CENOMAR, then it's just a matter of submitting it via 2GO after the interview.  Or the officer may request one directly submitted/delivered by PSA itself (to avoid any fraud).  

do you know where I can find that written so I can print it out or give a copy to her to bring?

On 12/17/2021 at 5:08 AM, CovidSucks21 said:

I finally booked an interview for my fiance jan 13!  it was the only day and I grabbed it!  The schedule doesn't even show any other days available at all.  I wanted to try to postpone it a little or move it the end of the month but no luck.  I also don't want to risk losing it.  

But........

However one of her police clearances has expired (she got this one twice and it's from Dubai which is a colossal pain to get) and her cenomar has expired (this will be the third time she's even gotten one)  I'm trying to call the embassy to see if there is any leeway in letting her still do the interview with those two things being that way.  She hasn't left the country since I started this process.  Her passport can attest to that.  Has anyone had to deal with this?  Was the embassy forgiving on that part?  She still has all the documents of the times she's done this.  I was originally booking her appt for April of 2019.  They have to take that into account.  

She did renew her nbi and start a new Cenomar but they say it might not be ready til January 16th.  Her interview is the 13th.  

Anyone have any experience with this?

Did you get an expedite approved or just find an open interview slot using their booking website?

Timeline

i got lucky one day just looking at the website.  i saw it said jan 13 was available and clicked it immediately.  but now I'm having to scramble. Did anyone here cut it close on the med exam to interview window?  

12 hours ago, CovidSucks21 said:

i got lucky one day just looking at the website.  i saw it said jan 13 was available and clicked it immediately.  but now I'm having to scramble. Did anyone here cut it close on the med exam to interview window?  

I actually just looked randomly at the cgifederal.com website to look if there were open slots and for the first time in like a few years, there were open slots for Jan 13 and Jan 20 so we booked Jan 20 for my fiance's interview. I looked again this morning and the calendar is empty again.

We live in Bicol so she is going to have to fly out to Manila to complete her Medical Exam before the New Year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.