Rocio0010

ROC February 2022 filers (merged)

396 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Bassline69 said:

LIN Nebraska service center. I searched online, it seems like if it was a RFE, it should look like this online (see attached photo). I did not get a status like this on my account. My last online update was fingerprints updated (reuse). 

75pe2ckzvff71.jpg

Oh, I have LIN too. I’m going to be following your case to see what the Notice is. 
After I got my biometric waived, I did get a physical notice of reuse from I-485. So, most likely, in your case, it is that. Please keep us posted.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Oh, I have LIN too. I’m going to be following your case to see what the Notice is. 
After I got my biometric waived, I did get a physical notice of reuse from I-485. So, most likely, in your case, it is that. Please keep us posted.

How long after your got online update for reuse until you receive the letter? It seems like we got same status update on Mar 28th, if it's the bio letter, it's odd that they didn't send a notice until 4 months later. It's tricky that I recently moved 3 weeks ago and updated application address, so weird that they would send out a bio letter in 4 months delay and got sent back....

Timeline
1 minute ago, Bassline69 said:

How long after your got online update for reuse until you receive the letter? It seems like we got same status update on Mar 28th, if it's the bio letter, it's odd that they didn't send a notice until 4 months later. It's tricky that I recently moved 3 weeks ago and updated application address, so weird that they would send out a bio letter in 4 months delay and got sent back....

I want to say it was about 7-10 days after receiving the online status update

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

4 hours ago, Bassline69 said:

Thanks! After a coupon hours research online, if it was a RFE, it will show online as RFE. My guess is biometric letter at this point since I have never received a physical copy of it,

@Bassline69if you were to fill in and out your time line it would help when people attempt to answer your questions more throughly. I'm thinking the same your biometrics notice or reuse notification. An interview  notice this quickly although possible is unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

@Bassline69if you were to fill in and out your time line it would help when people attempt to answer your questions more throughly. I'm thinking the same your biometrics notice or reuse notification. An interview  notice this quickly although possible is unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

Thanks! I am new to this forum. Appreciated how supportive everyone is here, still learning to attach a timeline with reply. 

Hi! I’m worried and I feel my blood pressure rising. My husband & I moved to the other side of the country. We have asked our lawyer to report our change of address, but now my biometrics appointment is scheduled and it’s still for my old address. :( Not only that, it’s in a little over a week. Flights are incredibly unpredictable now with so many cancellations, not to mention, not very cheap.

Has anyone dealt with something like this? Our lawyer said the address definitely got changed but it looks like they (USCIS) didn’t update our address thoroughly in their system. This is stressing me out. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, purple-rose said:

Hi! I’m worried and I feel my blood pressure rising. My husband & I moved to the other side of the country. We have asked our lawyer to report our change of address, but now my biometrics appointment is scheduled and it’s still for my old address. :( Not only that, it’s in a little over a week. Flights are incredibly unpredictable now with so many cancellations, not to mention, not very cheap.

Has anyone dealt with something like this? Our lawyer said the address definitely got changed but it looks like they (USCIS) didn’t update our address thoroughly in their system. This is stressing me out. 

Go to your nearest ASC with the notice, your green card and whatever ID they ask for you in the letter. You should be able to have your biometrics done earlier. Go first thing in the morning

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

12 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Go to your nearest ASC with the notice, your green card and whatever ID they ask for you in the letter. You should be able to have your biometrics done earlier. Go first thing in the morning

I concur try to do a walk in at your new location. Make sure you explain fully your situation. I'm sure you should be able to do your biometrics at your new location. If the first ASC employee does not do you justice seek out the center manager and explain. Remaining polite is the key!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I concur try to do a walk in at your new location. Make sure you explain fully your situation. I'm sure you should be able to do your biometrics at your new location. If the first ASC employee does not do you justice seek out the center manager and explain. Remaining polite is the key!

Absolutely. I’d go first thing in the morning, take whatever documentation they are asking for (including a copy of the email of the address change) and ask to have biometrics taken there. If they give you grief, politely request seeing a supervisor.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

On 7/23/2022 at 5:07 PM, Rocio0010 said:

Thank you very much for this! I will try this week. Weather did not permit due to thunderstorms so will try tomorrow. I hope they allow me otherwise I am afraid I will have to fly out to the other side of the country just for biometrics 😭

On 7/23/2022 at 5:24 PM, Sarge2155 said:

Thank you! I will try. I just looked up the nearest appointment center and it has some mixed reviews with some people saying some people can be very rude. Will hope for the best and will try other appointment centers too if the one near us is terrible. 😅😭

Timeline
3 minutes ago, purple-rose said:

Thank you very much for this! I will try this week. Weather did not permit due to thunderstorms so will try tomorrow. I hope they allow me otherwise I am afraid I will have to fly out to the other side of the country just for biometrics 😭

Absolutely. If I were you, I would try and go to the nearest ASC. Just check and make sure you bring all of your identifying info, and the biometrics letter (so basically bring what the letter is asking you).

I wouldn't pay much attention to the reviews. While some people can be very rude, we don't know the full context... Just be nice, try your luck and if the employer says they can't do it for you, politely request to talk to a supervisor. People change their ASC for biometrics all the time. Good luck and please report back!

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

20 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

Absolutely. If I were you, I would try and go to the nearest ASC. Just check and make sure you bring all of your identifying info, and the biometrics letter (so basically bring what the letter is asking you).

I wouldn't pay much attention to the reviews. While some people can be very rude, we don't know the full context... Just be nice, try your luck and if the employer says they can't do it for you, politely request to talk to a supervisor. People change their ASC for biometrics all the time. Good luck and please report back!

Hi! Sooo.. Strangest thing happened yesterday. I was on the phone with USCIS and they told me they cannot pull up the Change of Address that was done by our lawyer using the AR-11 confirmation number I provided over the phone. They said they need “the other one that starts with a CA.” The lady, bless her heart, was very helpful, but she mentioned that we should have the “CA” version and not the one that starts with “COA.” Then she proceeded to tell me I need to file my address change AGAIN, and that I need to fill out AR-11 and include the WAC number when choosing form type I-751. I couldn’t complete it yesterday because I also wanted to relay the info to our lawyer. They assisted me with rescheduling but they said it’s not final and I have to wait for a Tier 2 agent to call me within 30 days to finalize the rescheduled appointment.

I still went to the nearest ASC today, and two personnel were by the door. One was visibly hesitant, but the other one kept saying “it’s fine, it’s fine.” To be honest, I was ready to be turned down — but after I was let through, it went sooo smoothly. One of my fingerprints couldn’t get captured properly though - they’ve tried so many times and it kept returning an Orange color (no error message/no exclamation point). They said it should be fine — has anyone dealt with that?

The personnel who let me through also said if I still the letter for rescheduling, to just ignore it but I can stop by to ensure all is well(??).

Now I’m not sure what I need to do when that Tier 2 agent calls lol. 😅 Do I just tell them I’ve completed my biometrics already?

More importantly, do I need to ask the lawyer to file my change of address again? It all sounds so confusing.. But I’m relieved the ASC near our place was so amazing and friendly.

Timeline
51 minutes ago, purple-rose said:

I still went to the nearest ASC today, and two personnel were by the door. One was visibly hesitant, but the other one kept saying “it’s fine, it’s fine.” To be honest, I was ready to be turned down — but after I was let through, it went sooo smoothly. One of my fingerprints couldn’t get captured properly though - they’ve tried so many times and it kept returning an Orange color (no error message/no exclamation point). They said it should be fine — has anyone dealt with that?

Awesome! 

52 minutes ago, purple-rose said:

The personnel who let me through also said if I still the letter for rescheduling, to just ignore it but I can stop by to ensure all is well(??)

I would still go. At most, you get turned down. 

52 minutes ago, purple-rose said:

Now I’m not sure what I need to do when that Tier 2 agent calls lol. 😅 Do I just tell them I’ve completed my biometrics already?

More importantly, do I need to ask the lawyer to file my change of address again? It all sounds so confusing.. But I’m relieved the ASC near our place was so amazing and friendly.

I would ask the tier 2 to make sure they have the right address. And ask the lawyer to file the change again.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

@purple-rose

Would not be a first time a lawyer has failed to do something. If it were me I would submit the change myself. Remember NO ONE cares about your case more than YOU! I don't trust lawyers to handle things like this however simple they maybe. Do yourself a favor do it yourself then follow up with USCIS!

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.