Hebz

J1 visa waiver NOS 2021 Timeline

137 posts in this topic

On 4/12/2022 at 6:24 PM, palvi07 said:

Hi All, 

Update on my application: I got favorable recommendation on April 8, 2022. Now waiting for USCIS response. 

Here is my timeline: 

September 23, 2022: Application received by DoS

January 18, 2022: Status updated on the website as Pending

April 8, 2022: Favourable Recommendation

I did requested Congressperson to help in March. I believe that helped.

Thank you all for sharing your updates and experiences. It really helped me in this process. All the best!!

Congratulations!!  Could I ask how the congressperson process went for you? I got in touch with their secretary, she told me that she sent my case to the caseworker team, but it has been 13 days that I haven't heard from them. Is that normal? Did they work close with you? 

1 hour ago, pales said:

Congratulations!!  Could I ask how the congressperson process went for you? I got in touch with their secretary, she told me that she sent my case to the caseworker team, but it has been 13 days that I haven't heard from them. Is that normal? Did they work close with you? 

What date all your docs were marked as "received" on the waiver website? The congressman I contacted told that they can't do much within 16 weeks from the docs "received" date. 

On 4/12/2022 at 6:24 PM, palvi07 said:

Hi All, 

Update on my application: I got favorable recommendation on April 8, 2022. Now waiting for USCIS response. 

Here is my timeline: 

Thank you all for sharing your updates and experiences. It really helped me in this process. All the best!!

Hello @palvi07

Could you explain how did you contact a congressperson? I need to understand the process as my sister is an American citizen and she could inquire on my behalf. 

• 2 weeks later...

I sent my documents on December 28th, they seemed as received on March 28th. Even though my embassy sent them my NoS a couple times (March 10th and April 14th), and I got a reply from DoS that they received it but they said that I need to wait  (it has been almost 6 weeks after this reply). I don't know what I should do. There are friends who sent their docs in March, and all seems received in 1 month including the NoS. Or they sent in February and they got their recommendation letter. 

I approached to a senator caseworker, she said that she didn't hear back from Waiver division, once she got a response she would let me know (3 weeks). I need to start my job in June, this is really insane. I'm frustrated guys. Sorry for the bad mood, but why is this happening to some of us?

On 4/22/2022 at 8:10 AM, J1_Cordo said:

Hello @palvi07

Could you explain how did you contact a congressperson? I need to understand the process as my sister is an American citizen and she could inquire on my behalf. 

I used the following link: https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

and filled in the form. 

On 5/2/2022 at 10:43 AM, madovi said:

Do you have any update?

Nothing as of now :(

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 10:01 AM, pales said:

I sent my documents on December 28th, they seemed as received on March 28th. Even though my embassy sent them my NoS a couple times (March 10th and April 14th), and I got a reply from DoS that they received it but they said that I need to wait  (it has been almost 6 weeks after this reply). I don't know what I should do. There are friends who sent their docs in March, and all seems received in 1 month including the NoS. Or they sent in February and they got their recommendation letter. 

I approached to a senator caseworker, she said that she didn't hear back from Waiver division, once she got a response she would let me know (3 weeks). I need to start my job in June, this is really insane. I'm frustrated guys. Sorry for the bad mood, but why is this happening to some of us?

@pales Any updates on your case? I am in a similar situation ;( They lost my NOS and the Embassy sent a digital copy. Although they confirmed it is received (April 26th) and my case would be processed in the "coming weeks", there is no update in the system, and the NOS is still not "received" there. It is insane.

Hi

Here is my timeline:

1. DS-3035 with other required documents send first week of october and they received the same week and cashed the check but didnt updtaed online.

2. Updated online on mid february.....status..."Pending"

3. Till then its been more than 17 weeks nothing done. 

When I inquired they say.." we assure you that your request will be processed as soon as possible in the coming weeks. No action is needed from your side at this time"........which means that dont email us again and again...!

Do anyone of you facing the same answers ????

Please let me know.

On 4/12/2022 at 3:24 PM, palvi07 said:

Hi All, 

Here is my timeline: 

Hi,

Would you mind sharing when your NOS got updated on the DoS website?

Is there anyone else waiting for the recommendation since March? 

I sent my documents on November 11th and it was updated on March 14th. It has been 14 weeks and I got nothing. I kept getting following the answer from 212ewaiver: 

Good day,

Thank you for your inquiry.  As we mentioned in our last reply, processing times for waiver recommendations by the Department of State, Waiver Review Division vary depending on the basis under which you request a waiver of the two-year home-country physical presence requirement.  The processing time of twelve to sixteen weeks for No Objection cases is an estimated timeframe and sometimes can take longer.  The processing time for applications begins only when all required documents have been received in our office and the file is complete.  The requests are taken in order of receipt.  Your case should be processed in the coming weeks. Our Waiver Review Division is making every effort to process cases as expeditiously as possible for our J-1 visa waiver applicants.  However, there can be no guarantee that your waiver will be finished by a particular date.

Once a recommendation has been made, your case will be electronically forwarded to U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) Vermont Service Center (VSC) where your J-1 waiver eligibility will be determined.  We assure you that your request will be processed as soon as possible.  You may continue to monitor the status of your request by going to https://j1visawaiverrecommendation.state.gov/ and using your case number.

The coming weeks never happening for me.  

49 minutes ago, tub77 said:

Is there anyone else waiting for the recommendation since March? 

I sent my documents on November 11th and it was updated on March 14th. It has been 14 weeks and I got nothing. I kept getting following the answer from 212ewaiver: 

Good day,

Thank you for your inquiry.  As we mentioned in our last reply, processing times for waiver recommendations by the Department of State, Waiver Review Division vary depending on the basis under which you request a waiver of the two-year home-country physical presence requirement.  The processing time of twelve to sixteen weeks for No Objection cases is an estimated timeframe and sometimes can take longer.  The processing time for applications begins only when all required documents have been received in our office and the file is complete.  The requests are taken in order of receipt.  Your case should be processed in the coming weeks. Our Waiver Review Division is making every effort to process cases as expeditiously as possible for our J-1 visa waiver applicants.  However, there can be no guarantee that your waiver will be finished by a particular date.

Once a recommendation has been made, your case will be electronically forwarded to U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) Vermont Service Center (VSC) where your J-1 waiver eligibility will be determined.  We assure you that your request will be processed as soon as possible.  You may continue to monitor the status of your request by going to https://j1visawaiverrecommendation.state.gov/ and using your case number.

The coming weeks never happening for me.  

I am in the same situation, also three of my friends. We sent the docs on November 12 they check as received on March 22, March 24 and March 30. We are still waiting....

Does someone received the Final recommendation in June???? 

33 minutes ago, Curious one said:

1372714170_ScreenShot2022-06-16at3_00_24PM.thumb.png.ecdc7f1eed0a13b4b0875fbc6ff90a8d.png

These threads were very helpful for me during my application process.  Therefore, sharing my timeline so that it can be helpful for others.

I submitted my documents in end of Oct 2021.

NOS was sent on first week of Nov 2021 by embassy.

Follow up: Feb and March 2022. No update.

Third follow up: There was no update so I emailed on dedicated email id and shared all documents. Also, sent the hard copy of same on 13th March 2022.

All Documents updated on March 15th 2022 except NOS.

Fourth follow up: I emailed embassy and asked to resend. They did it very fast. I forwarded email on dedicated email id.

I got response that they received NOS and will update soon.

NOS was updated late but they put date of 14th Mar 2022.

Favorable recommendation on 15th Jun 2022. 

Wish you good luck.

Yeah, other people are getting their recommendation

Hey everyone, I’m new here but have been following all of your stories for a few months now. 

Here is my timeline so far: 

Documents sent - 11/19/21

NOS sent to DOS - 12/8/21 

Documents received on website - 1/4/22 [saying documents were received 03/28/22] 

Sent email to both my embassy and DOS to make sure they got the NOS - 4/28/22 [my embassy resent + DOS said they will update in the coming weeks] 

Checked today and saw NOS was uploaded to website - 06/17/22 

What are my next steps? How much longer do you think I have? 

thank you and good luck to all of you! 

B7C5ACAC-8E93-42E1-A5F9-043A28DECF6F.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.