LIMmigration

Already Submitted Return Transcript, NVC Now Wants W-2

13 posts in this topic

We submitted our docs back in September and just received an FE review note asking for my 2020 W-2. My original submission has the return transcript I pulled from the IRS website. In the instructions, it specifies either the transcript OR a copy of the tax return and W-2.

I think we did everything right, or am I missing something here? I just submitted my W-2, but I’m a bit annoyed that this puts us at the back of the queue.  If this is an NVC mistake, would calling help?

Any thoughts or feedback is much appreciated!

For anyone in the future who may be interested in an update

I spoke with an NVC agent who told me if they asked for it, they may need some information from it to confirm with my i-864.  She said there is no way for them to contact the agent to see why they are asking for the W-2 or to explain why there could be a mistake on their end.  She also confirmed that this new document submission puts us at the end of the queue for doc review again. It is pretty disappointing that they didn't request it with the original submission.  Going to wait and will update this post when we receive our DQ or another communication from NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We have seen cases where NVC reviewed additional documents faster. Praying for you to get a speedy review

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Congratualtions, great hear this working out for your so quickly, it's VERY rare, alsmot unheard of for a RFE response to get reviewed so quickly,    What was your original Submission Date? 

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 hours ago, LIMmigration said:

One last update here: we received an email today saying we’re DQ, so the W-2 submission didn’t put us at the end of the queue. I can only speculate, but maybe the agent doing review just wanted to confirm some small detail. Happy ending to this thread!

Congratulations on the happy ending fast 😂

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

7 hours ago, Saqib-s said:

Congratualtions, great hear this working out for your so quickly, it's VERY rare, alsmot unheard of for a RFE response to get reviewed so quickly,    What was your original Submission Date? 

Our original submission date was September 9, we got the FE for W-2 on November 30, submitted the W-2 the same night, and received our DQ on December 1.  You're right, it is rare for a review this fast, but I think our situation was different.  Based on NVC's own instructions, we were not required to include a W-2 in our original doc submission because we submitted a return transcript.  Since we didn't make a mistake, I'm guessing either NVC wanted some quick detail confirmation, or they realized they were wrong in sending the FE.

1 hour ago, LIMmigration said:

Our original submission date was September 9, we got the FE for W-2 on November 30, submitted the W-2 the same night, and received our DQ on December 1.  You're right, it is rare for a review this fast, but I think our situation was different.  Based on NVC's own instructions, we were not required to include a W-2 in our original doc submission because we submitted a return transcript.  Since we didn't make a mistake, I'm guessing either NVC wanted some quick detail confirmation, or they realized they were wrong in sending the FE.

That is super rare, unheard of, we submitted our requested documents very quickly but 3 months later are still waiting to be reviewed again. Thanks for posting and letting us know. it all helps. 

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
18 hours ago, Saqib-s said:

It’s actually not rare at all lol. at the NVC stage it seems to happen a lot 

On 12/2/2021 at 4:31 PM, LIMmigration said:

Incredibly lucky that you had yours reviewed so quickly! Congrats! 

We had exactly the same situation, uploaded transcript (As legal rules state, no W2 necessary), then received RFE for W2 forms... so had to upload document stating my wife's income was in the UK.

Submitted RFE docs at the end of October, now still waiting for them to be reviewed. Really really frustrating that the visa has been pushed back months because of such a stupid request!

It's the current trend for people to submit transcript and then need to include a W2 after - so your experience is rare, i'm jealous!

1 hour ago, ohiohopeful said:

Incredibly lucky that you had yours reviewed so quickly! Congrats! 

We had exactly the same situation, uploaded transcript (As legal rules state, no W2 necessary), then received RFE for W2 forms... so had to upload document stating my wife's income was in the UK.

Submitted RFE docs at the end of October, now still waiting for them to be reviewed. Really really frustrating that the visa has been pushed back months because of such a stupid request!

It's the current trend for people to submit transcript and then need to include a W2 after - so your experience is rare, i'm jealous!

Did you just write a letter stating no W2s were available in place of the W2s? Am worried this situation will happen to us and not sure how to stop the RFE as we won't be able to provide W2s (income is from Korea). 

34 minutes ago, Kor2USA said:

Did you just write a letter stating no W2s were available in place of the W2s? Am worried this situation will happen to us and not sure how to stop the RFE as we won't be able to provide W2s (income is from Korea). 

see my post here:

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 1:01 PM, Kor2USA said:

I know this has been answered already, but just to confirm - we typed out a letter stating the income was earned in the UK, and that we had no W2. We printed, signed and scanned back in, and resubmitted as soon as we could.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.