colin&tina

Received an interview date from embassy, but can't schedule it online

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

We just received an email saying that our interview date is December 8th at 9.30. They gave us these instructions: "Prior to your interview, you must register in our service provider’s online system, select a DHL location for document delivery, and pay the $265 fiancé visa fee. You can find our service provider’s website here: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-rs/iv.

I did all this, but when it says we need to pay the fee, it doesn't take us anywhere where we can pay online. Below, it just says:

There are no available appointments at this time. Please check back in a few days as the Consular Section will open more appointments.

Now what? Should we email the embassy and ask for help? Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Thanks!

Timeline
9 hours ago, powerpuff said:

If you read Serbia consulate reviews on the country portal page here on VJ, several people said you pay the fee at the interview. 

True, but the email I got has different instructions. Someone on reddit told me the system might need to update in about 48 hours so I will try again and email the embassy on Thursday if I still keep seeing this issue.

Timeline
On 11/30/2021 at 12:09 AM, powerpuff said:

If you read Serbia consulate reviews on the country portal page here on VJ, several people said you pay the fee at the interview. 

Update: We waited 2 days and were able to pay the fee online. I think this embassy is making some improvements! We got the option to pay by cash, but through a bank. I don't think you can pay the fee in person anymore.

49 minutes ago, colin&tina said:

Update: We waited 2 days and were able to pay the fee online. I think this embassy is making some improvements! We got the option to pay by cash, but through a bank. I don't think you can pay the fee in person anymore.

I’m glad it worked out! That Serbia portal page definitely needs updating.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.