Dil & Malar

NOVEMBER 2021 I-130 Filers

370 posts in this topic

Good luck with Emma, anything you can find out is helpful. I would love to know what dates they are currently working on. I seem to remember someone saying that August filers are starting to get approved.

My only hope is that they haven’t updated their processing times on their website this month like they usually do around the 15th. The processing time for California is still showing an estimate of 9.5 months. I really hope that doesn’t change again. Every time I get within 6 weeks of being due they extend it out again.

Anyway 🤞🏻and have a great weekend everyone. It’s my last weekend with my husband this weekend and then we will be apart again for 3 months 😢. Let’s 🙏 for some good news soon.

44 minutes ago, Icedgem said:

Good luck with Emma, anything you can find out is helpful. I would love to know what dates they are currently working on. I seem to remember someone saying that August filers are starting to get approved.

My only hope is that they haven’t updated their processing times on their website this month like they usually do around the 15th. The processing time for California is still showing an estimate of 9.5 months. I really hope that doesn’t change again. Every time I get within 6 weeks of being due they extend it out again.

Anyway 🤞🏻and have a great weekend everyone. It’s my last weekend with my husband this weekend and then we will be apart again for 3 months 😢. Let’s 🙏 for some good news soon.

I hope August filers are getting approved all the way around because I happen to be one of them. Im at California Service Center as well. Hoping to have my approval within the next two weeks to two months. But hoping before our wedding anniversary on July 20. I feel you about being apart from your husband. I just left mine last week again for 5 months. Hoping to have good news very soon. I go back in November to see him and am hoping that we are almost finished at the NVC by then

On 6/19/2022 at 10:59 PM, Azc1122 said:

So I saw this YouTube lady (I apologize I cannot find the video anymore) and said her case was also transferred and apparently, when it's transferred you're going to get a NEW notice saying it's actively being reviewed, so until we get that notice, it means it's NOT YET being reviewed by the new service center. 😞 she did say though that when it changed to that, it was fast to changed to approved.

Praying for all of us to get that 2nd notice and faster approval.

I have been in actively review for 275 days now so that is not always the case. Monday will be 300 days since NOA1 date so hoping to have my approval within the next month 

8 hours ago, Ctavarez90 said:

I have been in actively review for 275 days now so that is not always the case. Monday will be 300 days since NOA1 date so hoping to have my approval within the next month 

No, I meant when it gets transferred,  the first notice of actively being reviewed is from the ORIGINAL service center. Then when it's transfered, there will be a NEW actively being reviewed the NEW service center is what SHE said but once that happens, it goes fast.

Anyway, I just hope we all get our cases moving forward. Mine is over 200 days already too. 🙈

15 minutes ago, Azc1122 said:

No, I meant when it gets transferred,  the first notice of actively being reviewed is from the ORIGINAL service center. Then when it's transfered, there will be a NEW actively being reviewed the NEW service center is what SHE said but once that happens, it goes fast.

Anyway, I just hope we all get our cases moving forward. Mine is over 200 days already too. 🙈

Yes it is very frustrating. I am really trying to keep my patience and know that the end is in sight. It will all have been worth it once our loved ones have their visas

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

So I checked with Emma and yes, our case is also in California. We were not notified about this.. is there any point to submit K3 now? I didn’t know about it before and found out only reading visa journey.

I can remember that sinking feeling when I learnt from Emma that our case was in California. The good news is that other than Nebraska, the processing times are still showing as being the second shortest at 9.5 months.

To be honest I didn’t know about the K3 either and my attorney didn’t even mention it to me, so this is all new to me.  I have been watching other comments and see that the K3 doesn’t work for everyone. I’m probably going to ride it out with the I130 and pray I get a approval in the next month or so.

I’ve got a bit crazy about this lately and check for any updates every day to see what they are currently working on. I have noticed the odd case from California getting approved in October and even a November. It’s all very random, let’s pray it happens soon.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Icedgem said:

I can remember that sinking feeling when I learnt from Emma that our case was in California. The good news is that other than Nebraska, the processing times are still showing as being the second shortest at 9.5 months.

To be honest I didn’t know about the K3 either and my attorney didn’t even mention it to me, so this is all new to me.  I have been watching other comments and see that the K3 doesn’t work for everyone. I’m probably going to ride it out with the I130 and pray I get a approval in the next month or so.

I’ve got a bit crazy about this lately and check for any updates every day to see what they are currently working on. I have noticed the odd case from California getting approved in October and even a November. It’s all very random, let’s pray it happens soon.

Funny (and I guess very sad) thing is that when I applied for K-1 visa nearly 2 years ago i faced same situation with UCSIS..where they randomly were approving cases, we waited forever, our case was probably transferred as well..  nobody knew anything and were just hoping to get approved)) and it seems nothing has changed there.. 😕 still same waiting game.

So we spoke to a paralegal and they told us that Nebraska was the one gathering everything and then distributing to all other srvice centers. That from the beginning, we were probably already in California. Everything is so confusing and frustrating. Anyone have better info.or good news on their application?  We haven't even gone through NVC and I heard it's another loooong wait due to the same backlogs. :(

Okay, we’ll that makes perfect sense for my case. When I asked Emma, she told me I was not transferred even though my NOA1 clearly states Nebraska.

This is the first stage of my journey also and I’m already exhausted!!. Honestly I expected the IR1’s to be dealt with much quicker than this. I see some September cases are getting their approvals now, although several August filers still waiting. It’s mentally draining 😩, and a total guessing game. I noticed the forum had gone quiet with no new updates lately. I wondered if they just had no news to post or they were out celebrating & busy organising paperwork for the next stage!! 

Happy July 4th everyone and 🤞🏻We can celebrate it properly next year with our loved ones. Let’s hope we get some good news very soon.

No nothing at all, I haven’t seen anyone from California get approved for weeks now. It’s gone very quiet. This is an extremely frustrating time. I do hope to see some California cases get approved soon so I can gauge where I’m at, other than the bottom of the pile!! 😂🥲

5 minutes ago, Icedgem said:

No nothing at all, I haven’t seen anyone from California get approved for weeks now. It’s gone very quiet. This is an extremely frustrating time. I do hope to see some California cases get approved soon so I can gauge where I’m at, other than the bottom of the pile!! 😂🥲

Yes I’m at 312 days at the California service center waiting on my approval. I’m hoping to receive it by the end of this month or next. Someone told me to submit a K3 but I don’t know if that would even matter at this point

Wow, 312 days, I imagine you will hear something very soon, you must be one of the next ones to be looked at 🤞.  I’m at 235 days and just need to see some movement now to give me light at the end of the tunnel. I had originally hoped that I’d been moving to be with my husband later this year, but that is getting unrealistic now. I honestly thought that spouses of US Citizens were given priority and would be dealt with quicker than this, it’s heart wrenching. Good luck and keep us posted on your approval.

17 minutes ago, Icedgem said:

Wow, 312 days, I imagine you will hear something very soon, you must be one of the next ones to be looked at 🤞.  I’m at 235 days and just need to see some movement now to give me light at the end of the tunnel. I had originally hoped that I’d been moving to be with my husband later this year, but that is getting unrealistic now. I honestly thought that spouses of US Citizens were given priority and would be dealt with quicker than this, it’s heart wrenching. Good luck and keep us posted on your approval.

I REALLY hope my approval is very soon. And you are right it is beyond stressful and exhausting. My husband and I are looking at him being here at the latest next month if everything goes well. I’m just ready to get our approval so most of the stress will be lifted

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.