BeHealthy

NVC to Mumbai Consulate Gather Here!!!

1,124 posts in this topic

Congratulations to both of you.

NVC always says they schedule interview based on DQ date. Now we are seeing April DQ getting interviews & still many in Jan/Feb waiting in limbo.

Definitely need some transparency here. If anyone sending inquiry to Mumbai consulate, do mention this as well. Although I've lost hope anyone in embassy gives a sh*t about it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

@SKMS 

I agree with this. I will definitely be sending an inquiry stating that the NVC has been scheduling interviews randomly. 

The response from Mumbai embassy will be "we don't schedule interviews.... NVC does"

However in this case I believe if many of us brought up this issue then we may get some improvement and someone to look into this for us. 

I will be addressing my query to the consulate general and demanding an answer as a taxpaying citizen. 

37 minutes ago, SalMansuri said:

NVC always says they schedule interview based on DQ date. Now we are seeing April DQ getting interviews & still many in Jan/Feb waiting in limbo.

Definitely need some transparency here. If anyone sending inquiry to Mumbai consulate, do mention this as well. Although I've lost hope anyone in embassy gives a sh*t about it.

2 hours ago, SKMS said:

how come they are skipping prior DQ and priority dates and scheduling interviews on a random basis? is there any tracking mechanism for this? 

absolutely zero transparency here!

i am tired of following up on this now!

Hopefully over the next few days they fill in the skipped months.  At least we got some ILs!

7 hours ago, Kpatel009 said:

I sent it to india-support@ustraveldocs.com. I received my interview letter after I sent the email. It may be an coincidence that I got it the next day after I sent the email but doesn't hurt to send the email. And no to hearing about anyone in Jan, Feb,. 

8 hours ago, Happy Soul said:

Hello,

Thank you for your post. I'm in a similar position as you my DQ date is 24th May 2022 CR1 category spouse of US citizen. Can you please tell me which Email address you sent your email to and the general inquiry of your email? 

Have you heard about anyone being interviewed whose DQ in january, february or before your date. Do you believe you received the interview letter because you wrote the email or you were next in line?

They were stuck at Dec. 2021 for a long time.  April 2022 DQ just got ILs.  It's not unusual that you haven't gotten IL yet.  If everyone like you emailed, they'd be flooded with emails.  Please don't take this the wrong way.  You are free to email but all the options like email, congressman, etc. should be used wisely and appropriately IMHO.

2 hours ago, RajPatil said:

@SKMS 

I agree with this. I will definitely be sending an inquiry stating that the NVC has been scheduling interviews randomly. 

The response from Mumbai embassy will be "we don't schedule interviews.... NVC does"

However in this case I believe if many of us brought up this issue then we may get some improvement and someone to look into this for us. 

I will be addressing my query to the consulate general and demanding an answer as a taxpaying citizen. 

What's your DQ?

8 hours ago, Kpatel009 said:

I sent it to india-support@ustraveldocs.com. I received my interview letter after I sent the email. It may be an coincidence that I got it the next day after I sent the email but doesn't hurt to send the email. And no to hearing about anyone in Jan, Feb,. 

Hey, a quick question - are you receiving an email for the appointment details or an actual letter? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It would be great if someone can guide me when should I schedule biometrics or this will be scheduled by USCIS or NVC
My husband who is US citizen applied for me online on 2nd Jan 2022 and since 07 Jan 2022 it is in actively review status. Service centre according to receipt was Texas but when I asked Emma it said California. I am waiting for USCIS approval. But not sure when this biometrics is required.

2 hours ago, nka1509 said:

It would be great if someone can guide me when should I schedule biometrics or this will be scheduled by USCIS or NVC
My husband who is US citizen applied for me online on 2nd Jan 2022 and since 07 Jan 2022 it is in actively review status. Service centre according to receipt was Texas but when I asked Emma it said California. I am waiting for USCIS approval. But not sure when this biometrics is required.

Hey, 

you'll require biometrics post USCIS and NVC approve and DQ your case and after you receive an appointment letter.

15 hours ago, SalMansuri said:

Is your spouse US citizen or greencard holder?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.