wilcouk

AP Renewal - flying international?

7 posts in this topic

Hi there,

So I'm still in AOS waiting upon my rescheduled interview from January! I recently had to renew my AP but couple of things...

1. Is AP safe to fly with? By which I mean ...fly back to the UK with my UK passport and re-entering the country with AP? Is there anything else I need to bring? I have no convictions in the US but I'm really worried about leaving as I'm an overstay past more than 180 days on a ESTA but married US citizen and doing AOS, I'm not sure this matters at all...

2. This is probably more complicated - I thought I lost my AP (I found it eventually in one of my many folders) however in my panic as I wanted to doit as fast as possible as im trying to attend my mates wedding in England, I thought I couldn't find it so I sent off a new application for Advance Parole, will this further complicate matters? Can I still use my valid AP I have in hand?

Thanks

Edited by wilcouk

1 hour ago, wilcouk said:

Do you think the new application for a AP will cause an issue when I have the valid AP already? Like can they invalidate it?

No.  It is an extension of an existing, valid AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.