C_y_K

Original Signatures Required on the G-325A and Letter of Intent?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello all,

A lawyer prepared our K1 visa application. The lawyer printed the G-315A and filled it out for my fiancee' (The form was confusing for her). In the signature of applicant box the lawyer signed her name and wrote "For (Fiancee's name)".

Also, for the letter of intent. I typed out a version and my fiancee' scanned, signed, scanned, and emailed back. Is that going to be a problem that it is a scanned copy of the signed document?

I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and have my fiancee sign everything and mail it to me for snail mail in case for an RFE. Does anyone think this will cause a problem. If there is an RFE how long does it delay your application?

Charles

*** Met in 2002 sometime online Yahoo messenger

*** Continued with scarce letters but many online conversations from 2002-2006

***June 2006: Went to meet mi amor in Buenos Aires and confirmed we wanted to marry (Stayed for a month)

***Nov 2006: Engagement formally announced

***March 2007: Returned to Argentina to visit for a week

***05-18-2007 I-129f Sent to NSC

***06-07-2007 NOA1 Transferred to CSC (Website)

***06-17-2006 NOA1 (Hardcopy)

***07-07-2007 Touched (Wasn't watching for prior touches...and maybe this one due to my phone call)

***Waiting...waiting...waiting

***08-03-2007 Touched (PhoneCall)

***08-06-2007 Touched

***08-23-2007 Touched

***09-13-2007 Touched (PhoneCall)

***09-14-2007 Touched

***10-08-2007 NOA2 APPROVED

***10-09-2007 Touched

***10-10-2007 Touched NICE!!!! :)

***11-07-2007 Left NVC

i think its ok because your fiance has given your attorney the right to speak for her...she has put all responsibility on the lawyer, so i dont necessarily think that she needs to sign it...im sure it cant hurt if she does sign it though

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Filed: Timeline

Charles,

I think you are probably OK with the lawyer signing th G-325A on behalf of your fiancee. I'm not so sure about the photocopied statement of intent - what does the lawyer say?

Yodrak

Hello all,

A lawyer prepared our K1 visa application. The lawyer printed the G-315A and filled it out for my fiancee' (The form was confusing for her). In the signature of applicant box the lawyer signed her name and wrote "For (Fiancee's name)".

Also, for the letter of intent. I typed out a version and my fiancee' scanned, signed, scanned, and emailed back. Is that going to be a problem that it is a scanned copy of the signed document?

I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and have my fiancee sign everything and mail it to me for snail mail in case for an RFE. Does anyone think this will cause a problem. If there is an RFE how long does it delay your application?

Charles

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
i think its ok because your fiance has given your attorney the right to speak for her...she has put all responsibility on the lawyer, so i dont necessarily think that she needs to sign it...im sure it cant hurt if she does sign it though

I think this will probably be ok but you'll want more current letters of intent with original signatures for the interview. I would get a new one with original signatures now and have it on hand in case of an RFE. Her important signatures are on the visa application itself.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello All,

I'm confused. I keep reading an original signature is required on the biographical form. In this post I mentioned that our lawyer filled out and signed it for my fiancee. My fiancee's signature is not on the form.

Also the letter of intent was a faxed copy including my fiancee's signature. I emailed the document, she printed it signed it, and faxed it to me.

My lawyer also I think only mailed one copy of each biographical form I think.

I'm about ready to send new original forms to my fiancee for her to sign and mail back. I don't know whether I should rush it by express mail, get it back, and send it in with my application to avoid an RFE or should I just do normal mail and keep it on hand for an RFE. Should I attempt a pre-emtpive strike or just wait and see if there's an RFE. I don't want to delay our case :(.

How much longer would an RFE delay us? Also, I know this is silly but does anyone have the proper and updated address to send additions to your case file? I have seen different addresses. We originally filed with the Nebraska Service Center and it was transferred to the CSC. So I assume we mail to the CSC directly now (NOA1 said it is at CSC). But I have read also that I should send it to NSC and it will be forwarded. So confusing. :wacko:

Thanx,

Charlie

*** Met in 2002 sometime online Yahoo messenger

*** Continued with scarce letters but many online conversations from 2002-2006

***June 2006: Went to meet mi amor in Buenos Aires and confirmed we wanted to marry (Stayed for a month)

***Nov 2006: Engagement formally announced

***March 2007: Returned to Argentina to visit for a week

***05-18-2007 I-129f Sent to NSC

***06-07-2007 NOA1 Transferred to CSC (Website)

***06-17-2006 NOA1 (Hardcopy)

***07-07-2007 Touched (Wasn't watching for prior touches...and maybe this one due to my phone call)

***Waiting...waiting...waiting

***08-03-2007 Touched (PhoneCall)

***08-06-2007 Touched

***08-23-2007 Touched

***09-13-2007 Touched (PhoneCall)

***09-14-2007 Touched

***10-08-2007 NOA2 APPROVED

***10-09-2007 Touched

***10-10-2007 Touched NICE!!!! :)

***11-07-2007 Left NVC

People on VJ usually advise not sending anything extra unless you are asked for it. Too easy for it to get lost, not put in the correct file etc. RFE's aren't the end of the world, especially since you'll have everything to send strait back in.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.