Karu4u

How many tries CFO until success?

72 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Karu4u said:

Seriously? Sounds weird but Okay. No idea about the rules. I always thought that we needed to be citizens of any of the countries. I'll check it out then

Very Serious.  Marriage can take place anywhere in the world and you are legally married any where in the world.

Philippines will allow a muslim man to have up to 3 wives, in that case I think the  USA will only recognize the first wife and I am sure it's the same in your country

I just saw a new pinnacle of CFO/BI madness.  There is a woman posting on a Facebook group that she is a duel citizen,. In possession of her valid US and Philippine passports. And she was held back by BI departing NAIA because she did not have a CFO Certificate in her Philippine passport.  To which she obviously replied that she is a US Citizen with a US Passport so she does not need a CFO Certificate to depart to the US.  She said they did eventually let her go, only after detaining her for a while and escalating it to a supervisor.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

16 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

I have been going to Mexico since June made 3 trips there, They were at 21% vaccine rate back in June.  They are fully open for tourism and never closed, no vaccine needed to enter, No quarantine, no covid test needed to enter, easy peasy.

They are very very similar to the Philippines except Mexico has much better tourist infrastructure in place and you can get a 5 star hotel for 3 star prices.

Lots of the world is open for tourism, and Asia is starting to open slowly and Philippines will join them.   Philippine has adopted the "I am afraid to open the door" and they have decided to curl up in the fetal position and lay in ball on the ground and hope covid goes away.   Soon they will have to realize they will have to deal with it and stop destroying their economy by shutting down.

Some countries just face rolled COVID others panicked. Which country did the right thing we don't know. Sad to say Philippines is one of those who had no idea what to do and just followed what their neighbouring countries did. 

But this is not a forum for discussing COVID.  

I have looked into Utah marriage. The office gov page is down but I found another. To bad 2 of the top site wants 899$ for international wedding. So much money. Would been ok if I haven't already spend over 2k dollars on plane tickets and VISA applications. 

My boss might agree to give her work Visa too but that process is 6 to 8 month to process. 

Guess we have no other choice then to wait. Again.....

Edited by Karu4u
Wrong quote

4 hours ago, top_secret said:

I just saw a new pinnacle of CFO/BI madness.  There is a woman posting on a Facebook group that she is a duel citizen,. In possession of her valid US and Philippine passports. And she was held back by BI departing NAIA because she did not have a CFO Certificate in her Philippine passport.  To which she obviously replied that she is a US Citizen with a US Passport so she does not need a CFO Certificate to depart to the US.  She said they did eventually let her go, only after detaining her for a while and escalating it to a supervisor.

That's terrible. They are terrorists.... just harassing people for fun and entertainment.  Human rights doesn't exist in Philippines....

22 minutes ago, Karu4u said:

That's terrible. They are terrorists.... just harassing people for fun and entertainment.  Human rights doesn't exist in Philippines....

I'm amazed that people are surprised about how the Philippines really is. This is how it's always been. At the end of the day it's a very corrupt third world country.

Just ask some OFWs or filipinos who have left the Philippines and aren't in denial about it.

I could go on at length about all the issues that exist in this country but it's the sort of thing I tend to keep quiet about online because I am living here for now and in the long run it's not my problem. 

Let's just put it this way...you need to be real careful with how you interact with the government in the Philippines. They can do all sorts of outrageous stuff like throw you in jail for nonsense reasons or even outright kill you.

1 minute ago, D&D&Dk1 said:

I'm amazed that people are surprised about how the Philippines really is. This is how it's always been. At the end of the day it's a very corrupt third world country.

Just ask some OFWs or filipinos who have left the Philippines and aren't in denial about it.

I could go on at length about all the issues that exist in this country but it's the sort of thing I tend to keep quiet about online because I am living here for now and in the long run it's not my problem. 

Let's just put it this way...you need to be real careful with how you interact with the government in the Philippines. They can do all sorts of outrageous stuff like throw you in jail for nonsense reasons or even outright kill you.

That's why my fiance want to leave. She already realized this. 

She even got job offers. But CFO wont let her leave.... 

4 hours ago, Karu4u said:

I have looked into Utah marriage. The office gov page is down but I found another. To bad 2 of the top site wants 899$ for international wedding. So much money. Would been ok if I haven't already spend over 2k dollars on plane tickets and VISA applications. 

I think it's around $100. Search this forum (Philippines section) There are some very detailed posts about it. The site that you went to is a ripp off.

1 minute ago, RO_AH said:

I think it's around $100. Search this forum (Philippines section) There are some very detailed posts about it. The site that you went to is a ripp off.

Yeah, googled and found other with lower price. Still waiting for Philippines embassy in Stockholm to answer if they acknowledge that kind of certificate ... 

They are always so slow and answering 

9 hours ago, D&D&Dk1 said:

Very corrupt 3rd World country.  You notice once people come to the USA they never go back home and live in the Philippines.  Look at all the nurses came to work in the USA the last 30 years, I would say 90% never returned home, they made permanent life outside of the Philippines. 

1 hour ago, VanHalen said:

Very corrupt 3rd World country.  You notice once people come to the USA they never go back home and live in the Philippines.  Look at all the nurses came to work in the USA the last 30 years, I would say 90% never returned home, they made permanent life outside of the Philippines. 

I think the destination country doesnt matter so much as they just want to get out of the country.  I had an employee who went AWOL from her job when I worked in Makati and a week later she was posting photos of herself throwing snowballs in Moscow.  I would say 90%+ of the employees we hired had aspirations to get out.  The only ones willing to stay were people that had to be physically present to take care of their families or others who did not want to be separated from their children.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

11 hours ago, Karu4u said:

Yeah, googled and found other with lower price. Still waiting for Philippines embassy in Stockholm to answer if they acknowledge that kind of certificate ... 

They are always so slow and answering 

Just find the post here. You can do everything yourself, direct. The sites that you find through Google will charge you a fee for something you can do for free.

2 minutes ago, Karu4u said:

We got recomend petalsandpromises.wedding from a Facebook grp 

Hey, it's your money, go for it.

9 minutes ago, Karu4u said:

I'm gonna ask what it costs first. I'll try look for that thread here too. Any search words you can recommend? 

Look for the posts by @top_secret

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.