jc1b

I NEED HELP

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello i need help i am a single mom i have 1 child my fiance put her name on our application but the problem is she is registered on my parents name...i just recieved our appointment letter and she is included there...my question is should i put her name on the DS-157 on the childs list knowing that she is registered on my parents name should i get affidavit to the lawyer that she is no longer on my custody?She is not coming with me.What should i do? For those who have same as my case please let me know what would i do this is stressing me...Thank you so much your reply would be highly appreciated...GOD BLESS

REMOVAL OF CONDITION

November 27, 2009 - Mailed Packet to California

December 02 , 2009 - Recieved packet at 1Pm

December 07 , 2009 - Check Cashed

December 12, 2009 - Recieved my 1 Year extension

December 21,2009 - Recieved my Biometric appointment

January 11 , 2010 - Biometric @ 2pm

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello i need help i am a single mom i have 1 child my fiance put her name on our application but the problem is she is registered on my parents name...i just recieved our appointment letter and she is included there...my question is should i put her name on the DS-157 on the childs list knowing that she is registered on my parents name should i get affidavit to the lawyer that she is no longer on my custody?She is not coming with me.What should i do? For those who have same as my case please let me know what would i do this is stressing me...Thank you so much your reply would be highly appreciated...GOD BLESS

If your child isn't coming, don't say she is. I don't understand what you mean "she is registered on my parent's name."

If you don't return the packet three and visa application for her, she won't get an interview date. You don't need to make any statement that she is not coming. If asked, say she isn't coming.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I think the OP may be saying that though the child is hers, the grandparent (the OP's parents) are listes as the parents on the birth certificate of the child. On the approved I-120F petition, the USC fiancee did list the child.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

If your child isn't coming, don't say she is. I don't understand what you mean "she is registered on my parent's name."

If you don't return the packet three and visa application for her, she won't get an interview date. You don't need to make any statement that she is not coming. If asked, say she isn't coming.

I agree with what pushbrk said. But this is a bit odd, your daughter registered as your parents' daughter!!! I am sure you will need an affidavit from a lawyer, and maybe you and your daughter will need DNA test to prove your relationship. Good luck with your interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you so much...

REMOVAL OF CONDITION

November 27, 2009 - Mailed Packet to California

December 02 , 2009 - Recieved packet at 1Pm

December 07 , 2009 - Check Cashed

December 12, 2009 - Recieved my 1 Year extension

December 21,2009 - Recieved my Biometric appointment

January 11 , 2010 - Biometric @ 2pm

I guess what you mean is that there is simulation of birth t where your parents are the registered parents of your child in her birth certificate making her your "SISTER" . . if that is the case, your fiance should not have written her as your daughter in the petition because for all legal purposes now, she is the daughter of your parents, (your sister). . .

You still have time. .see a lawyer ASAP so the necessary documents can be made as proof if they will ask you during the interview.

Edited by joeandmyla

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:luv: To make thinsg fast... Why don't you try to make a late registration for your child and have it done immediately.

That's what we did with my brother's daughter. She was his daughter from another woman and then he wants to bring her to US as well. So in order to make things easier. We made a late registration for my neice and then we submitted the birth certificate. It was successful and approved.

So why not try it. Maybe it will work out for you, too.

K-1 Journey:

October 12, 2006 - Our Special Day

April 24, 2007 --- I got "ENGAGED!"

October 12, 2007 -- Our 1st year anniversary!

November 30, 2007 - My fiance came to visit the second time.

April 22, 2008 --- Form I-129F sent

April 25, 2008 --- NOA1 Received!

April 27, 2008 --- Received hard copy of NOA1

May 13, 2008 --- Touched!

August 29, 2008 - NOA2 Approved!

Sept. 01, 2008 --- Touched

Sept. 04, 2008 --- NOA2 Hard Copy Received!

Sept. 05, 2008 --- NVC Received

Sept. 10, 2008 --- Left NVC to USE (Finally!)

Sept. 18, 2008 --- Arrived at USE

Oct. 06-07, 2008 --- Medical Exam (Passed!)

October 12, 2008 --- Our 2 years anniversary

October 14, 2008 --- Interview Date! Pink Slip!

October 17, 2008 --- Visa on Hand! (Finally!)

November 16, 2008 - LAX here I come!

November 16, 2008 - Arrived at LAX

AOS Journey:

February 10, 2009 --- Sent AOS Packet w/ EAD

February 11, 2009 --- Packet delivered. The item was signed for by L BOX.

February 17, 2009 --- Notified.

February 19, 2009 --- Check has been in cashed.

April 30, 2009 ------ Biometrics (Grrrr... what took them so long!)

May 06, 2009 ---Card Production Ordered

May 07, 2009 ---Approval Notice Sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.