maimuslee

NVC accepted all documents no DQ email?

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! Long time lurker first time posting - hopefully this hasn't been answered before but I couldn't find anything! 

On the 8th of September we received an email from NVC stating that they have once again updated the status of our application - logging into CEAC everything is finally showing accepted!! 
(We had to re-submit my AUS Police Cert June 30th) 

We still haven't received our qualified email - I am wondering if this is normal? How long should we be waiting to receive this email once everything has been accepted? 
I would have assumed we would receive that DQ email rather than another showing our case has updated again?

We have contacted our attorney and he hasn't really helped much - told us to give it a week and let him know if nothing yet and no further response from him. 

Any insight you might have would be great - we are unsure if we need to contact them or not at this point. 

Thanks! 🙂

Edited by maimuslee

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
14 hours ago, maimuslee said:

Hi everyone! Long time lurker first time posting - hopefully this hasn't been answered before but I couldn't find anything! 

On the 8th of September we received an email from NVC stating that they have once again updated the status of our application - logging into CEAC everything is finally showing accepted!! 
(We had to re-submit my AUS Police Cert June 30th) 

We still haven't received our qualified email - I am wondering if this is normal? How long should we be waiting to receive this email once everything has been accepted? 
I would have assumed we would receive that DQ email rather than another showing our case has updated again?

We have contacted our attorney and he hasn't really helped much - told us to give it a week and let him know if nothing yet and no further response from him. 

Any insight you might have would be great - we are unsure if we need to contact them or not at this point. 

Thanks! 🙂

I think you should call NVC or better still refresh the page maybe they need additional documents. 

Edited by Lee1303

6 hours ago, Lee1303 said:

I think you should call NVC or better still refresh the page maybe they need additional documents. 

I have since logged back in and checked the messages too and there isn’t anything new in there either. 
Thank you, I will try giving them a call. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PaRo2020 said:

Any update? Because one of my family members is going through this exact thing. On CEAC everything is showing "accepted" but they did not receive an official email or nothing in the messages in CEAC that says "documentarily qualified"

After further discussion our lawyer has advised us that he had sent off an inquiry to NVC on September 21st. 
Based on their current inquiry times (approx 1 month), we should get a response this week! 
I will update you when I have some info 

• 1 month later...

I finally have somewhat of a response but unfortunately not too helpful. 

In Australia, the US Embassy in Sydney is closed - because of Covid and then because they're moving building and likely won't be reopening until next year. 

Essentially we are just stuck at NVC waiting for the Embassy to start taking on new cases again. That is why they won't mark our case as complete because it has nowhere to go. Very frustrating. 

From what I've seen on the Facebook pages of both the Sydney & Melbourne Embassy - Melbourne has started to try clear Sydney's backlog and once they have done that they will be taking new cases from there. 

Hopefully this helps any other Aussies stuck in the same position! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
13 hours ago, maimuslee said:

I finally have somewhat of a response but unfortunately not too helpful. 

In Australia, the US Embassy in Sydney is closed - because of Covid and then because they're moving building and likely won't be reopening until next year. 

Essentially we are just stuck at NVC waiting for the Embassy to start taking on new cases again. That is why they won't mark our case as complete because it has nowhere to go. Very frustrating. 

From what I've seen on the Facebook pages of both the Sydney & Melbourne Embassy - Melbourne has started to try clear Sydney's backlog and once they have done that they will be taking new cases from there. 

Hopefully this helps any other Aussies stuck in the same position! 

Sorry to hear that

I hope things get moving soon as this process is painful to just wait, wait and wait again

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.