Dreamoflife

K1 visa fiancée visa beneficiary residents in Iraq.

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi!! 

I'm the Petitioner and my fiancée from Iraq 

I send out I 129f Form on January 21/2021. I got note of received on March 14/2021. And in September 15/2021 I got my case approved from the uscis and it send to NVC.. 

My issue is that where my fiancée reside no US embassy and all iraqi immigration visa will be forward to one of the three US Embassies in  Turkey or Qatar or United Arabic Emirates.  Everything so far good. 👋 

US Embassy in Doha

I send email to the US embassy in doha and asked them if they will get my case when NVC send it to them and in couple of days they reply to me ( that in this time we will not Processing visa application to third nationality. We processing only for Qatar citizens and Qatar Permanent resident. 

Okay 👌 

I called you US embassy in Ankara and I asked them the same question they told me to see they website you will find all info you need. I visited they website and it say the US embassy in Ankara are processing visa applications only for turkey citizens or permanent residents. 

Okay 😭

I emailed the US embassy in abu dhabi and no answer yet. 

Please if any one know which US embassy are correctly processing visa applications for iraqi residents please let me know.. 

And just want to ask is there any good to contact my state senator or representative??

I am also think about filling law sue against the Embassy that has the case and refused to processing with out reasons. I mean doha or Ankara embassy need to put requirements example third countries residents need to be in the country of interviewing in 20 days before the interview and need to bring Covid-19 negative test before the interview in three days. This requirement will make it hard for third country residents but it better than just keep the case frozen. 

Any help of you I will appreciate! Thanks in advance!!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

A friend of mine just 

On 9/16/2021 at 11:06 PM, Dreamoflife said:

Hi!! 

I'm the Petitioner and my fiancée from Iraq 

I send out I 129f Form on January 21/2021. I got note of received on March 14/2021. And in September 15/2021 I got my case approved from the uscis and it send to NVC.. 

My issue is that where my fiancée reside no US embassy and all iraqi immigration visa will be forward to one of the three US Embassies in  Turkey or Qatar or United Arabic Emirates.  Everything so far good. 👋 

US Embassy in Doha

I send email to the US embassy in doha and asked them if they will get my case when NVC send it to them and in couple of days they reply to me ( that in this time we will not Processing visa application to third nationality. We processing only for Qatar citizens and Qatar Permanent resident. 

Okay 👌 

I called you US embassy in Ankara and I asked them the same question they told me to see they website you will find all info you need. I visited they website and it say the US embassy in Ankara are processing visa applications only for turkey citizens or permanent residents. 

Okay 😭

I emailed the US embassy in abu dhabi and no answer yet. 

Please if any one know which US embassy are correctly processing visa applications for iraqi residents please let me know.. 

And just want to ask is there any good to contact my state senator or representative??

I am also think about filling law sue against the Embassy that has the case and refused to processing with out reasons. I mean doha or Ankara embassy need to put requirements example third countries residents need to be in the country of interviewing in 20 days before the interview and need to bring Covid-19 negative test before the interview in three days. This requirement will make it hard for third country residents but it better than just keep the case frozen. 

Any help of you I will appreciate! Thanks in advance!!! 

A friend of mine just got his wife here from turkey, same situation also iraqi. He was waiting since July 2020 for an interview and it was a k1 visa. In the meantime my wife is in Iraq and her case is at abu dhabi and I've been waiting since October 2020 and haven't heard anything yet.

Timeline
1 hour ago, desert_stallion said:

A friend of mine just 

A friend of mine just got his wife here from turkey, same situation also iraqi. He was waiting since July 2020 for an interview and it was a k1 visa. In the meantime my wife is in Iraq and her case is at abu dhabi and I've been waiting since October 2020 and haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks for this info ℹ!! I hope you bring your wife as soon as possible 🙆

Edited by Dreamoflife

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hey there!!! I submitted a K1 visa in 2019 to bring my Iraqi fiancé home and we’re still waiting! At first the application was on hold because of the Iraqi embassy. We tried to get it transferred to UAE, but they said no. Qatar wasn’t processing iraq and Turkey is not accepting non nationals right now! We’re so frustrated. We’ve been trying to get him home for years now. No one can answer anything by phone. And using the email inquiry is a joke. And I have yet to find answers or help. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Nina_FL said:

Hey there!!! I submitted a K1 visa in 2019 to bring my Iraqi fiancé home and we’re still waiting! At first the application was on hold because of the Iraqi embassy. We tried to get it transferred to UAE, but they said no. Qatar wasn’t processing iraq and Turkey is not accepting non nationals right now! We’re so frustrated. We’ve been trying to get him home for years now. No one can answer anything by phone. And using the email inquiry is a joke. And I have yet to find answers or help. 

Sorry to hear that! Hopefully things get better soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Our case has been sitting at the Ankara embassy since October 2020. I have emailed my Senator more than once and no reply. I even filed a complaint on DOS website stating discrimination of Iraqis. Watching timelines of cases arriving in the past months get their interview because they live in Turkey. Our case is sitting there while others get in front of us. Embassy replies with the same message every time. Not sure if getting a lawyer will help or not. Right now we are thinking about just getting married in Erbil in November and filing for spousal instead and maybe by then process will be back to normal. If we go the spousal route I hope we can request NVC to send our case to Jordan. I did hear that it takes years of living in Turkey to get residency, not sure how true that is. So frustrating! 

Edited by Ailene and Ali

Timeline

Hello,

We have been waiting since Oct 2020. I-129f was filed in Nov 2019 and the case has been at the US embassy in Ankara since Oct 2. My fiancée was denied a student visa to get in Turkey yesterday with no known reason (in respected countries, embassies would send you a formal letter explaining the reason for the rejection, but yeah well, it’s Iraq) so basically no chance at getting the Turkish residency which is required by the US embassy in Ankara which is absurd and ridiculous. If the US embassy in Ankara requires such a thing then they should at least provide a letter to the the beneficiary so they can submit it along other documents to the Turkish consulate in Iraq, but no they don’t do it. They just want things to happen. I emailed our senator today and requested an in person meeting with his staff. I’m not sure where will this go or how long will it take, but completely agree with others here. It’s frustrating and I don’t want to hear a word about covid because this stops being about covid the moment you allow people to come; yet discriminate against others. Our case has been in ready status since Oct 2020 like I mentioned and reading the comment of one of you here stating they plan on getting married soon, well, are you going to start over then? Who guarantees it’ll faster? What’s the point of getting married if you’re not united? I’m not sure if I can share my contact info here. I’d love to stay in touch with you.  

Timeline
7 hours ago, NatureEye said:

Hello,

We have been waiting since Oct 2020. I-129f was filed in Nov 2019 and the case has been at the US embassy in Ankara since Oct 2. My fiancée was denied a student visa to get in Turkey yesterday with no known reason (in respected countries, embassies would send you a formal letter explaining the reason for the rejection, but yeah well, it’s Iraq) so basically no chance at getting the Turkish residency which is required by the US embassy in Ankara which is absurd and ridiculous. If the US embassy in Ankara requires such a thing then they should at least provide a letter to the the beneficiary so they can submit it along other documents to the Turkish consulate in Iraq, but no they don’t do it. They just want things to happen. I emailed our senator today and requested an in person meeting with his staff. I’m not sure where will this go or how long will it take, but completely agree with others here. It’s frustrating and I don’t want to hear a word about covid because this stops being about covid the moment you allow people to come; yet discriminate against others. Our case has been in ready status since Oct 2020 like I mentioned and reading the comment of one of you here stating they plan on getting married soon, well, are you going to start over then? Who guarantees it’ll faster? What’s the point of getting married if you’re not united? I’m not sure if I can share my contact info here. I’d love to stay in touch with you.  

You are absolutely right. I will make sure that my case not going to us embassy in Turkey and let see what is going on. 

I want to share that there is backlog in all US embassies but all most all nationality has high chances to get interview in the US embassy in their countries but for iraqi nationality there is no chance no US embassy in iraq and all other US embassies refuse to take any case not belong to their country of service. I just try to find a way to get solution. As you mentioned it is not about Covid-19 any more because all the world start live with it and there is requirement people follow to make sure no one get covid. Mask, test, vacuum but these embassies refuse under no cause to service! 

I try to figure out all possible way to move my case. Until this moment I do not know which embassy it going too! 

Final thing I heard that us embassy in iraq might get update news about reopen some where in October 

Edited by Dreamoflife

Timeline

Not sure if getting married and withdrawing our K1 will be faster process but I am scared that our case fell into the “black hole” that people speak of. When we started the K1 route I just knew it was the quickest way for us to be together. Did not know how long he would have to wait for his EAD card. I heard many comments that I should’ve married and file spousal because he is from a MENA country although Iraq is not considered a high fraud area. There are so many rumors of lawyers telling their clients to start over and marry. I e seen a few new cases getting approved spousal petition in six months.  I pray that Baghdad Embassy reopens! 🙏🏼

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
20 hours ago, NatureEye said:

Hello,

I’m with you about tired of hearing covid as the excuse because I’ve heard of others coming over no issue. There was a small glimmer of hope a few months ago when Ankara opened and said they would expedite third county applications, but then the second covid hit and they shut it down again. We’re at a loss on what to do as well. We don’t think getting Turkish residency will be any help. And so far trying other embassy’s is useless. I definitely would like to exchange info to keep in touch… 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ailene and Ali said:

Not sure if getting married and withdrawing our K1 will be faster process but I am scared that our case fell into the “black hole” that people speak of. When we started the K1 route I just knew it was the quickest way for us to be together. Did not know how long he would have to wait for his EAD card. I heard many comments that I should’ve married and file spousal because he is from a MENA country although Iraq is not considered a high fraud area. There are so many rumors of lawyers telling their clients to start over and marry. I e seen a few new cases getting approved spousal petition in six months.  I pray that Baghdad Embassy reopens! 🙏🏼

I spoke with a very smart lawyer yesterday and she admitted that K1 visa is a mess now as most embassies are not processing them and the some that do, are very slow. She even ack. that hiring her at this point (case in ready status) won't change anything. You can certainly start all over again, but the problem is, no one will guarantee an outcome within 6 months. What if they decide to move forward with K1s and stop the processing of the spousal ones. Look at the website of the US embassy in Ankara. No updates since 2/4/2021. They cannot even keep the same thing, but change the date of the update to at least assure us there is nothing wrong with our cases. I even check the Junk/Trash folder regularly to make sure I did not miss an email from them and this is because of their lack of communication unfortunately. I will be talking with the same lawyer tomorrow evening so I will see what our options are and update all. 

Timeline
On 9/26/2021 at 3:59 PM, Nina_FL said:

I’m with you about tired of hearing covid as the excuse because I’ve heard of others coming over no issue. There was a small glimmer of hope a few months ago when Ankara opened and said they would expedite third county applications, but then the second covid hit and they shut it down again. We’re at a loss on what to do as well. We don’t think getting Turkish residency will be any help. And so far trying other embassy’s is useless. I definitely would like to exchange info to keep in touch… 

Nina, 

For sure, You can find me on FB messenger [removed].

Edited by TBoneTX
identity concealed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.