Thomas1988

Uploading additional Docs to CEAC after submitting (before review)

12 posts in this topic

Appreciate your help!

We may or may not have uploaded an incomplete document on July 20 (tax return without W2s, and we can't view the uploaded document), so we uploaded the W2s as Additional Documents under the Petitioner, and submitted that one too, today (Sept 9) just in case.

Our case still wouldn't be under review even with the July 20 submission date, and we would like to know if this one additional document would place us at the back of the line again, delaying our application, or if what counts is the date of the initial submission of DS260+Initial Documents?

We intend to do the same with the tax transcript (tax for last year was JUST processed now), can we upload it as additional document under the petitioner?

Additionally, our child was born after we initially submitted the documents to CEAC, should we upload the birth certificate to the CEAC as well?

Thank you,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Unfortunately the date of the last submission is what they base the review timing on. I had submitted everything but police report in April, and submitted the police report when I received in May and it went off the May date. When they reviewed it, I hadn’t put in the petitioners divorce decree and was requested. That went June 30 and was reviewed and completed yesterday (Sept 8). If anything it seems their reported timeframes are fairly accurate right now. 

Once you upload the tax transcript that will be the new date they will go by to review everything. I can’t provide any info regarding your child’s birth certificate though. 

Thanks for your reply.

Turns out I uploaded an unnecessary additional document (no W2s required if you're filing I-864EZ and taxes were not filed jointly). 

Since it is an unnecessary document, I wonder if that is the only document that goes to the back of the line, while the original submission remains with the July 20 date.

If that is the case, they'd have everything they need to DQ me off of the initial date. 

The police certificate being absolutely required, I don't know how the CEAC "submit documents" button worked without that essential file. I did see some people writing a letter to NVC saying that they could not get their police certificates due to Covid Shutdowns and that they'd take it to the interview, and got DQ'd. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Thomas1988 said:

The police certificate being absolutely required, I don't know how the CEAC "submit documents" button worked without that essential file.

Sorry - you're correct.  I had to wait until I had the Police clearance to submit all the civil doc's.  I had already submitted the AOS doc's a few weeks prior, which at the time were 2019 based.  About 2 weeks after I submitted the civil doc's, I was able to upload the 2020 tax transcript and new I864EZ.  It was those final AOS doc's that the review time was based on, which at that time was only about 35 days.  When they accepted all those and requested the Divorce doc, it took 70 days to review.  Had I have payed attention and read more I would have known the divorce decree was needed at NVC as well and would have saved 2+ months getting DQ'd.

Either way, there's really not much you can do but wait and hope they move quicker.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 9/9/2021 at 5:31 AM, Thomas1988 said:

Appreciate your help!

We may or may not have uploaded an incomplete document on July 20 (tax return without W2s, and we can't view the uploaded document), so we uploaded the W2s as Additional Documents under the Petitioner, and submitted that one too, today (Sept 9) just in case.

Our case still wouldn't be under review even with the July 20 submission date, and we would like to know if this one additional document would place us at the back of the line again, delaying our application, or if what counts is the date of the initial submission of DS260+Initial Documents?

We intend to do the same with the tax transcript (tax for last year was JUST processed now), can we upload it as additional document under the petitioner?

Additionally, our child was born after we initially submitted the documents to CEAC, should we upload the birth certificate to the CEAC as well?

Thank you,

I also have the same problem My petitioner  uploaded only 4 pages of the AOS instead of 10 pages  due to  large file size . He actually didn’t know he could compress the file. He just informed me .We submitted on 27th August since NVC has not yet reviewed can he compress the file size  of the 10 pages AOS  and upload the right AOS on optional document now  and add a note that the first AOS was not complete  due to file size so this is the complete AOS  or NVC will still reject? 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, for information purposes, I have been DQ'd based on the initial submission date, not on my most recent submission date.

Many mods and people will advise that what counts for DQ is the "date you submitted your last document", however, other people will share their first hand experiences that they got DQ'd based on their initial submission date. This experience may vary, and here's why I think that is:

From my experience and from the vague language on official emails and websites, NVC puts you "in line" for review once they receive the combo FEES + ALL REQUIRED DOCS + DS260. If, after you've already done all these, you upload and submit an additional document, under "additional documents", it is likely that your place "in line" won't change. and that was my experience.

Which is different than missing one required doc for weeks... and then uploading it days/weeks later. That would be the first date that NVC had all "required docs", so I can see why some people can interpret that as "last submission resets your review clock".

1 hour ago, Thomas1988 said:

Hi, for information purposes, I have been DQ'd based on the initial submission date, not on my most recent submission date.

Many mods and people will advise that what counts for DQ is the "date you submitted your last document", however, other people will share their first hand experiences that they got DQ'd based on their initial submission date. This experience may vary, and here's why I think that is:

From my experience and from the vague language on official emails and websites, NVC puts you "in line" for review once they receive the combo FEES + ALL REQUIRED DOCS + DS260. If, after you've already done all these, you upload and submit an additional document, under "additional documents", it is likely that your place "in line" won't change. and that was my experience.

Which is different than missing one required doc for weeks... and then uploading it days/weeks later. That would be the first date that NVC had all "required docs", so I can see why some people can interpret that as "last submission resets your review clock".

So what were your initial and last submission dates? Thx

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, Thomas1988 said:

Wow. Please when did you submit your required document and when did you submit additional documents? And what’s your visa category?

Edited by Divinepath

CR1

Fees - July 2nd
DS260 - July 9
All Required Docs - July 20 (that's what counted, when their "combo" was complete)
Additional Document - Sept 9

In fact, I thought that the best case scenario would be if they reviewed my July 20 documents, and then ignored my additional document until this new submission was reviewed, but they even reviewed and accepted the Sept 9 document based on my July 20 date.

48 minutes ago, Thomas1988 said:

CR1

Fees - July 2nd
DS260 - July 9
All Required Docs - July 20 (that's what counted, when their "combo" was complete)
Additional Document - Sept 9

In fact, I thought that the best case scenario would be if they reviewed my July 20 documents, and then ignored my additional document until this new submission was reviewed, but they even reviewed and accepted the Sept 9 document based on my July 20 date.

Good luck!  Hopefully you’ll get your interview letter this week!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 2:07 PM, Thomas1988 said:

It’s because of you that I took the risk and uploaded additional documents 2.5 months after my initial submission date but before my initial review, and we got DQ’d last night based on the initial submission date of August 9th so THANK YOU for your insights!!! 

• 8 months later...
On 9/13/2021 at 3:40 AM, Divinepath said:

I also have the same problem My petitioner  uploaded only 4 pages of the AOS instead of 10 pages  due to  large file size . He actually didn’t know he could compress the file. He just informed me .We submitted on 27th August since NVC has not yet reviewed can he compress the file size  of the 10 pages AOS  and upload the right AOS on optional document now  and add a note that the first AOS was not complete  due to file size so this is the complete AOS  or NVC will still reject? 

Hello, what are you doing? Have you added documents? What happened? Have similar problem .

We have uploaded all the necessary NVC documents, but some of them seem a little blurry to us. Can I upload a new document or update one that has already been uploaded? Does it really sound familiar to upload a new version of required document to application that has already been turned in???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.