NoMansLand2020

Keeping busy during pandemic in PHL

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/28/2021 at 10:51 AM, Joe Kano said:

Hawaii is strict and locked down?  Come to Texas home of the free, and with our Governor executive orders it illegal for government to require masks, or vaccine passports, lots of freedom in Texas.  

September 1st you are no longer required to have a handgun licenses to carry in concealed in Texas, before you had to keep it concealed in your car if you didn't have a license.

Don't tell him that, he might actually come and vote for the same people that ruined his state!  It's actually really horrible here in a free state.  There's covid everywhere, I mean everywhere!  We're all *cough cough* dieing *cough*!  You're really better off staying in a state where you're safe and locked down.

Incidentally who goes to the Philippines and eats at Red Lobster?  Aren't there better seafood places all over?

Edited by Puppythecat

1 hour ago, Puppythecat said:

Don't tell him that, he might actually come and vote for the same people that ruined his state! 

Not a chance I would be one of those. I often consider leaving here in favor of Texas, or Florida. I plan on retiring in the Philippines where they have more freedoms than us in the next 5-8 years anyway but, yeah I would much rather live in a red state than here.

Hawaii just passed a new mandate that you have to show proof of vaccine or negative test within 48 hours to go to a bar, restaurant, gym, and many more. However you can have hundreds of people in a Costco, Walmart, Home Depot, Sam's Club with no such restrictions.

You can already see changes here in Texas from the influx. 

I'm originally from Washington State, and I watched that state turn into California's weird little brother.  It is only a matter of time here in Texas.

Finally done.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/21/2021 at 6:47 PM, NoMansLand2020 said:

What are people doing to keep busy in the Philippines during the pandemic? My fiancée is really struggling to stay positive and optimistic.. We haven't seen each other for a year and a half now and we filed for K1 at the end of 2019. 

She's stuck in a small studio apartment with two young kids. Because of the pandemic, they really aren't allowed to go anywhere. It feels like a prison to them. Because in person school is not happening, the kids are both attending online. It's a private school based out of Manila and it's all English. Because of this her non-English speaking parents aren't able to help out during the day so she can work. 

She's starting to get super upset and blame others... Mostly myself for her situation. She's tired of waiting, she wants to be able to work and she keeps making selfish statements such as the kids need to suffer so she can have what she wants.  She has a Bachelors degree and has tried looking for online work. The problem is the availability requirements want her working in the middle of the night or when the kids have class. 

I'm getting tired of hearing her complain and have these fits every month. I don't know what to do for her. 

Sorry to hear about this. I was actually in that position the whole 2020. I was a 2019 filer too and just got interviewed last July. I cannot imagine how harder it must be for her since she has kids.

My advice is.. BE PATIENT -  with the process, with her, with all the whole ordeal right now. She can look for a tutor for the kids if she is really determined to work again. I started working again to during the first quarter of 2021, I wasn't expecting anything about the K1 process in Manila at all and got tired of it. I was like "Let it be," or "bahala na " as they say in Filipino. I realized I need to live my life and should stop the shitty process to have an effect in my life and my mood. I also did sideline jobs just to get off my mind the K1 process.

I also think she needs a "ME" time or a break? Maybe she is also being overwhelmed with the kids' online classes and such. 

I hope better days will come for the both of you soon and may you have the interview email soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.