redpixie

Update and Question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

First off, thanks to everyone for your help and support over the last few weeks here. We've taken some of your advice and called the USCIS again today. This time we spoke to a really lovely lady who was so helpful and gave us the information we needed.

As you may be aware, we sent our I-129F off back in April from Ireland, as we live together out here. We didn't receive the NOA1 or cheque/international money order back in the post (in Ireland and the UK, our cheques are sent back to the bank once they have been cashed and we don't get to see any copies). We were concerned about this and called up the USCIS a few weeks ago, but no one was able to help us. Anyway, we called again today and were given our receipt number, so at least now we can check the status of our petition online. Also, the ladt said that our petition wasn't received by the USCIS until 15th of May (I know it takes time to sent items overseas from here, but I'm shocked that it took three weeks. That's fine though, it's there.)

We signed up to the online feature to check our progress and it says that the NOA1 was sent out, which we didn't get, but that's no big deal now. Also, it said that our case was still pending (relief) and that the information was last updated on May 25th. Does this mean we've had no touch or action since then as that was over a month back? Also, there's nothing on there about these illusive "touches". How do we find out more about that?

Thanks again for all of your support. We are both so relieved right now, and so happy.

1999 - Met on Yahoo chat service

1999 - Fell in love

1999 - 2005 - Continued talking on a daily basis

2004 - T applied for student visa for semester of study in US

Jan 2005 - T flew to States to begin course

March 2005 - T flew to CA. D picked up at airport. Finally met in person!

April 2005 - T flies back to University

April 2005 - D flies out to be with T

May 2005 - Both fly back to CA and begin living together

Sept 2005 - T flies back to UK to resume studies

Oct 2005 - D flies out to UK to be with T - Decide we want to get married!!!

April 2006 - D and T move to Ireland

March 2007 - We download paperwork for I 129-F

April 2007 - Send off forms to Texas Service Center

June 2007 - Still waiting to hear back

July 2007 - Still waiting to hear anything AT ALL! Very angry

7th July 2007 - We called the USCIS and were given our receipt number. We also signed up for the USCIS online service. Learned that our petition arrived on May 15th and last action was May 25th 2007 - Much happier

4th October 2007 - Petition Approved!!!!!!

24 April 2008 - Interview at US Embassy Dublin

17 June 2008 - Arrived back in US together

10th SEPTEMBER 2008 - MARRIED!!!!!

First off, thanks to everyone for your help and support over the last few weeks here. We've taken some of your advice and called the USCIS again today. This time we spoke to a really lovely lady who was so helpful and gave us the information we needed.

As you may be aware, we sent our I-129F off back in April from Ireland, as we live together out here. We didn't receive the NOA1 or cheque/international money order back in the post (in Ireland and the UK, our cheques are sent back to the bank once they have been cashed and we don't get to see any copies). We were concerned about this and called up the USCIS a few weeks ago, but no one was able to help us. Anyway, we called again today and were given our receipt number, so at least now we can check the status of our petition online. Also, the ladt said that our petition wasn't received by the USCIS until 15th of May (I know it takes time to sent items overseas from here, but I'm shocked that it took three weeks. That's fine though, it's there.)

We signed up to the online feature to check our progress and it says that the NOA1 was sent out, which we didn't get, but that's no big deal now. Also, it said that our case was still pending (relief) and that the information was last updated on May 25th. Does this mean we've had no touch or action since then as that was over a month back? Also, there's nothing on there about these illusive "touches". How do we find out more about that?

Thanks again for all of your support. We are both so relieved right now, and so happy.

When the last updated date changes, that means your file has been touched. Like everyone else, you will sit on a shelf for 2-3 months before your case gets picked up and processed.

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline

When the last updated date changes, that means your file has been touched. Like everyone else, you will sit on a shelf for 2-3 months before your case gets picked up and processed.

Thanks for the post. It's a relief that it has been touched. The waiting bit now isn't so hard as at least we know that some action has been taken.

1999 - Fell in love

7th July 2007 - We called the USCIS and were given our receipt number. We also signed up for the USCIS online service. Learned that our petition arrived on May 15th and last action was May 25th 2007 - Much happier

redpixie,

Be aware of receiving the NOA2 (hard copy) because you will need it later for the Adjustment of Status (after the arrival and marriage in the US)

K1 process

20-11-06 We sent our petition I129F

28-12-06 NOA1

14-02-07 NOA2

17-03-07 Packet 4 arrived

29-05-07 Successful interview. (We waited that long because my fiance travels a lot)

AOS

15-07-07 Wedding

14-08-07 Interview in OK City, AOS, EAD and AP

15-09-07 NOA for EAD and AP.(sep 13)and on 20-09-07 NOA for AOS. (sep 13)

13-10-07 AP received

17-10-07 Biometrics.

29-10-07 EAD received

28-11-07 Card production ordered

11-12-07 Green Card on hand.

Removing conditions

4-09-09 Send papers to VSC

8-09-09 Confirmation via FedEx (Same as NOA)

07-10-09 Biometrics appointment

20-10-09 Second biometric (29 was the date)

24-12-09 Approved green card

19-01-10 Green card on hand

Citizenship

09-29-10 Send papers to Dallas lockbox

01-18-2011 Interview

04-13-2011 Oath ceremony

Also, you usually see a touch happen right after they receive the petition and then nothing for a long time. After the long wait, when you start seeing touches you are probably getting close to approval.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Timeline

Thanks for all of the advice guys. I really appreciate it a lot!

I know that I shouldn't really have fretted so much about the NOA1, being that it's only really a receipt of the petition. Then again, not having any clue as to what was going on was really stressful for us. We will be keeping a close eye on the post for the NOA2 as that's the first real biggy. Does anyone know if we will get that sent to Ireland, as we are both living here, as opposed to my fiance's parents place in Texas? We have his parents address on our form as the US address as they have kindly asked us to live with them when we get over there. Obviously, my finace put his actual home address down as our address in Ireland.

Thanks also msu17, we'll be keeping a close eye on our progress on the uscis website to see when it gets touched again. I'm getting really excited now and I think I'm driving my fiance crazy with all the wedding planning ideas! I'm going to officially ask his sister to be my bridesmaid in the next week or so. This is really exciting and I really hope things go through smoothly!

Congrats on your approval and have a great wedding!

1999 - Fell in love

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.