hollandfriend

N-400 August 2021 Filers

261 posts in this topic

On 2/15/2022 at 4:35 PM, Ghm said:

Hello CAAS.. Did you receive any updates for your N400? My estimated timeline changed from 7 months to 6 months today. But I have not received any updates about interview

My profile also now says, "You cannot edit your mailing address or physical address during this part of the adjudication process." I think it showed up a few weeks ago, was def not there in early Jan. Do you have this as well? I wonder if this means anything more than what it reads!

13 minutes ago, CAAS said:

My profile also now says, "You cannot edit your mailing address or physical address during this part of the adjudication process." I think it showed up a few weeks ago, was def not there in early Jan. Do you have this as well? I wonder if this means anything more than what it reads!

Hello CAAS.. i just checked my profile now.. and I too have the same message coming up. This is giving me some hope now! I guess they are in the process of sending mail confirmation for our interview. Lets hope thats the case..and we hear from them soon!

Just randomly checked USCIS page and got Oath Ceremony notice mailed. Scanned doc provided and was surprised it was actually in town. scheduled month and day from today so about 6 wks from interview

So weird Naturalization may been the fastest part of the entire journey.  But we had 0 RFEs, easily beat all the timeline estimates at each step so thankful to have behind us though.

23 minutes ago, heo luoi said:

So weird Naturalization may been the fastest part of the entire journey.  But we had 0 RFEs, easily beat all the timeline estimates at each step so thankful to have behind us though.

Now to find a new hobby eh

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Ghm said:

Hello CAAS.. i just checked my profile now.. and I too have the same message coming up. This is giving me some hope now! I guess they are in the process of sending mail confirmation for our interview. Lets hope thats the case..and we hear from them soon!

My profile says the same- I had a message from uscis about 4 weeks ago saying that I am in a queue to be scheduled for an interview. Baltimore is my Local Field Office. 
I have a joint 751/400 outstanding at the moment. 

Timeline
On 1/14/2022 at 1:21 PM, Leous10 said:

Hey Guys! 

Filed in August/2021 - Baltimore Field Office. still nothing! 

Any Baltimore filers in here?

I’m Baltimore. Filed August with a pending 751

Timeline
6 hours ago, CAAS said:

Good luck and hope the notice comes soon! Quick q: did you send them a query from the account or does your status say that you are in the queue? 

Sent them a query 

On 1/14/2022 at 1:21 PM, Leous10 said:

Hey Guys! 

Filed in August/2021 - Baltimore Field Office. still nothing! 

Any Baltimore filers in here?

FYI :)
Sat my interview yesterday in Norfolk, VA. They adjudicated my i-751 before my n-400. Passed my interview & she said I'd be notified when my ceremony will be.
If you have an outstanding i-751, make sure you bring your spouse. Nothing was mentioned on my paperwork, but they asked to speak with them. Luckily they were downstairs waiting in the car :)

n-400

February 23, 2022
Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

i-751

February 24, 2022
Case Was Approved

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

HI,

So I forgot to update this thread when I posted about my interview last week, so here goes...

I applied for naturalization in August last year & had my interview today in Detroit.  

Everyone from security check point, check-in desk and my interviewer were super friendly!!

After my name was called we went into the office & before starting, swore I would tell the truth.

She asked to see my identification (driver's license, passport, permanent resident card & SSN card if I had it & I did).

Made sure my info was correct (address, name).

Asked 6 civics questions:

What is the highest court in the United States?

Under our Constitution, some powers belong to the states. What is one power of the states?

If the President can no longer serve, who becomes President?

The Federalist Papers supported the passage of the U.S. Constitution. Name one of the writers.

Name one state that borders Canada

Where is the Statue of Liberty?

A sentence came up on the tablet in front of me and I had to read it out loud.

Then , she verbally said a sentence which I had to write out on the tablet.

She went over a few of the personal questions on the N400 (parents, my current and previous jobs within 5 years).

Then asked (I think most?) of the Yes/No questions on the second half of the application, which there was no issues with.

Made some small talk, but I kept that to a minimum I just wanted to get through the main part of the interview!

Then she told me I passed!  I brought a binder of evidence to prove my marriage and residency but none were asked for.  

Said I should get a letter with an oath date & it would be at that field office.  Unfortunately guests still aren't allowed to accompany us but maybe that will change by that date :) 

Overall great experience. 

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

8 hours ago, CDAgirlMI said:

HI,

So I forgot to update this thread when I posted about my interview last week, so here goes...

I applied for naturalization in August last year & had my interview today in Detroit.  

Everyone from security check point, check-in desk and my interviewer were super friendly!!

After my name was called we went into the office & before starting, swore I would tell the truth.

She asked to see my identification (driver's license, passport, permanent resident card & SSN card if I had it & I did).

Made sure my info was correct (address, name).

Asked 6 civics questions:

What is the highest court in the United States?

Under our Constitution, some powers belong to the states. What is one power of the states?

If the President can no longer serve, who becomes President?

The Federalist Papers supported the passage of the U.S. Constitution. Name one of the writers.

Name one state that borders Canada

Where is the Statue of Liberty?

A sentence came up on the tablet in front of me and I had to read it out loud.

Then , she verbally said a sentence which I had to write out on the tablet.

She went over a few of the personal questions on the N400 (parents, my current and previous jobs within 5 years).

Then asked (I think most?) of the Yes/No questions on the second half of the application, which there was no issues with.

Made some small talk, but I kept that to a minimum I just wanted to get through the main part of the interview!

Then she told me I passed!  I brought a binder of evidence to prove my marriage and residency but none were asked for.  

Said I should get a letter with an oath date & it would be at that field office.  Unfortunately guests still aren't allowed to accompany us but maybe that will change by that date :) 

Overall great experience. 

The Oath letter I think is mostly a form letter. Our oath was more local. It said NO guests...etc. But I called.... and they said it was fine. So I'd encourage you to call ahead if thats important to you. But the Oath ceremony lasted about 90s and just bunch of people taking pics.  Didn't even have to recite the oath. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.