biish

Uncertain About Case Status (NVC Process Question)

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Was excited to see that NVC had finally reviewed documentation that had been submitted. We had every submitted document switch to an "ACCEPTED" status along with what looked like 3 RFEs. The first two seemed to be auto-generated related to AOS income (Please submit W2; Please submit Evidence of Income). This was followed by the third message and what I believe to be the actual outcome (Case does not meet AOS requirements; recommend joint sponsor and Consular Officer will make decision at interview). There was then another one that specifically agreed with my justification for not having a document (document will be sent directly to Consulate by Authority).

No issue with understanding the message itself with regards to sponsorship - we tried to see if they would accept, but knew we would likely need joint sponsor - that's already arranged luckily.

My real question is, having gotten these 4 messages in very short succession, and understanding that the first two were related to assessing AOS Qualifications and the third to state that a determination was made and that Consular Officer will have final say on what we prepare/present, I don't THINK I need to take further action in the CEAC system at this time. I believe that now I should be waiting for DQ notification... However, since I have not gotten such communication and it has been a week, wanted to check if this is normal for NVC. I'm guessing I will just experience silence for a few weeks until it gets around to notifying us of DQ/upcoming consular steps, but would appreciate any input someone may be able to offer.

Again, we've prepped all the joint sponsorship stuff and know, based on NVC communications, that AOS related decision will be made at the Interview. Just making sure the two seemingly irrelevant RFEs (auto-generated based on AOS assessment I believe) aren't hanging and waiting for feedback for us before we move towards DQ.

Thanks for any insight!

They are waiting for more. We also got a handful of random review notes after our first submission, including the one about not meeting the income requirement (we’re using assets) and providing W-2/1099s (I have no US income), and one about derivative family members (there are none). I chose to write a single letter succinctly addressing all of the review notes and uploaded it in CEAC labelled as a W-2 because that was the one thing they had specifically asked for… it worked and we just got the DQ email second time around.

Also, although we are hoping to use assets to qualify, we decided to line up a joint sponsor as a back up. We have all of the forms/documents ready to go but decided not to upload them in CEAC to avoid more delays. Will just take everything to the interview. In my letter I said "We have provided evidence of our assets to fulfil the financial requirement of the I-864 and I understand that the final decision will be made by the Consular Officer."

Good luck!

1 minute ago, EKT said:

They are waiting for more. We also got a handful of random review notes after our first submission, including the one about not meeting the income requirement (we’re using assets) and providing W-2/1099s (I have no US income), and one about derivative family members (there are none). I chose to write a single letter succinctly addressing all of the review notes and uploaded it in CEAC labelled as a W-2 because that was the one thing they had specifically asked for… it worked and we just got the DQ email second time around.

Also, although we are hoping to use assets to qualify, we decided to line up a joint sponsor as a back up. We have all of the forms/documents ready to go but decided not to upload them in CEAC to avoid more delays. Will just take everything to the interview. In my letter I said "We have provided evidence of our assets to fulfil the financial requirement of the I-864 and I understand that the final decision will be made by the Consular Officer."

Good luck!

Thanks so much for sharing and for describing how you handled the summarized feedback to them. I think I will prepare a similar approach so that it is in the system. Like you, I'd rather keep the joint sponsor "ready" for the interview, but will certainly do something similar in uploading a letter to the W2 slot addressing their messages/requests.

Timeline
1 hour ago, EKT said:

Good luck!

Thanks for sharing this because we are in a similar situation. How long did it take for you to get DQ after the first review (notes)? The entire processing times of NVC again (so like 6 weeks right now)?

1 minute ago, StrawberryKiss said:

Thanks for sharing this because we are in a similar situation. How long did it take for you to get DQ after the first review (notes)? The entire processing times of NVC again (so like 6 weeks right now)?

Yes, unfortunately! I resubmitted June 8th and (thankfully) received our DQ email on July 27th. It was longer than our first wait of about 5 weeks due to recent delays. I have seen the odd comment about people hearing back earlier but generally I think you go back to the beginning of the queue. It seems like it would be much more efficient for NVC have a separate process/wait time for additional reviews, with so many cases that could quickly be completed by checking one or two documents! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, EKT said:

Yes, unfortunately! I resubmitted June 8th and (thankfully) received our DQ email on July 27th. It was longer than our first wait of about 5 weeks due to recent delays. I have seen the odd comment about people hearing back earlier but generally I think you go back to the beginning of the queue. It seems like it would be much more efficient for NVC have a separate process/wait time for additional reviews, with so many cases that could quickly be completed by checking one or two documents! 

Thanks for the info! And yes, I wholeheartedly agree with you. This entire process is anything but efficient 🙄

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.