46 posts in this topic

Yes, filed online on 15 Apr using the USCIS portal.  Initially got an electronic message to say that the petition was being transferred to Nebraska for processing.  Receipt issued on 16 Apr from California.  Subsequently contacted the USCIS contact center who confirmed that it had gone to California for processing.  Expecting long wait.

3 hours ago, Roberty Rob said:

Yes, filed online on 15 Apr using the USCIS portal.  Initially got an electronic message to say that the petition was being transferred to Nebraska for processing.  Receipt issued on 16 Apr from California.  Subsequently contacted the USCIS contact center who confirmed that it had gone to California for processing.  Expecting long wait.

Thanks. Just to confirm, the receipt you are referring to is the i797c form right? In the bottom, the return address shows California? 

similar case here. Filed and immediately showed Nebraska. Receipt notice shows Texas. USCIS is saying its in Vermont. Many ppl here are saying thats common and the one on the i797c is most correct. 

• 2 months later...

hey! 

Similar situation here.

Filed in April, received NOA1 April 12 from Nebraska (i797c) but it was apparently transferred to Potomac...

Wouldn't have found that out if I didn't inquire.

Have seen a lot of European I130's from March / April in the same situation, we're in the Netherlands.

My wife is a US Citizen and she petitioned on my behalf.

Hoping to get the NOA2 by end of October - who knows because the 2nd NOA's are all over the place as far as how quickly people are receiving them.

• 1 month later...

We filed electronically in mid-Apr and had the familiar story of being notified electronically that the case had gone to Nebraska but with a receipt letter from California.  Eventually a call to USCIS confirmed California.  Tried to get it expedited due to a work relocation back home but with no success.  Since then I have been checking the USCIS account weekly and watching the data on this website.  After a couple of months where nobody on VJ being processed by California seemed to receive a NOA2 (maybe something to do with processing all the Afghans) it does look like things are moving again slowly.

My advice is to (a) make sure your timeline is correctly entered in VJ - the more data, the better the predictions and (b) watch how approvals on your service centre are playing out.  If you filter the data to show all cases (not just unapproved) arranged by NOA1 you can see how quickly things are being processed.  The official processing times are way longer than what seems to be reality for most applicants who upload their progress on VJ.  Finally, make sure that you are ready to go with either additional evidence for USCIS if requested or with everything that you need for NVC.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Roberty Rob

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, JigneshBabu1992 said:

Any update? my petition was approved. 

Congratulations JigneshBabu1992!

What date did you get your approval on?

Edited by webber777

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.