Fobosdaemios

Should I bring the new I-864 to the interview?

6 posts in this topic

Hello there,

Could someone please give me some advices on these questions?

1. My wife (PETITIONER) just got a new job as a nurse in JAN of this year. Her previous incomes weren't qualified to sponsor me so she had her brother to joint sponsor me.

I'm already scheduled for interview in August 4th. Should I update the form I-864 with her new job and the most recent tax years OR I can just verbally inform the CO about my wife new job if the CO askes what does my wife do for living?

2. If I need to bring the updated I-864 form, can I print out the scanned I-864 form after my wife sign it OR she has to sign it and mail that physical I-864 form to me?

Thanks!

Edited by Fobosdaemios

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes, take it with you but she should also upload it.  Ask if the Consular Officer will remove the joint sponsor, so he's not obligated.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

11 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Yes, take it with you but she should also upload it.  Ask if the Consular Officer will remove the joint sponsor, so he's not obligated.

Thank you so much! Ill ask during the interview. Do you think she would still qualify without joint sponsor even though she just started working for 7 months and her income were less than 10k each year for the last 3 years?

Would reuploading affects the interview date?

Edited by Fobosdaemios

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Fobosdaemios said:

Thank you so much! Ill ask during the interview. Do you think she would still qualify without joint sponsor even though she just started working for 7 months and her income were less than 10k each year for the last 3 years?

Would reuploading affects the interview date?

Whether the Consular Officer will remove the joint sponsor is a judgment call.  You won't know until you ask.  Uploading something more will not impact the interview date.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On 7/25/2021 at 4:20 PM, pushbrk said:

Whether the Consular Officer will remove the joint sponsor is a judgment call.  You won't know until you ask.  Uploading something more will not impact the interview date.

Sorry, I have one more question that's related to i-864. My wife just noticed from the previous form that she misread PART 6 (Sponsor's employment and income). She only read "employed as an" but didn't see the "I am currently" part, so she thought it asks about her previous job. The form was prepared by her in 2020 and she didn't work at all for that year. She did upload the new updated form with her new job like I mentioned above. Should I notify the CO before the interview start about the mistake and also mention that I updated the form?

Thanks!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fobosdaemios said:

Sorry, I have one more question that's related to i-864. My wife just noticed from the previous form that she misread PART 6 (Sponsor's employment and income). She only read "employed as an" but didn't see the "I am currently" part, so she thought it asks about her previous job. The form was prepared by her in 2020 and she didn't work at all for that year. She did upload the new updated form with her new job like I mentioned above. Should I notify the CO before the interview start about the mistake and also mention that I updated the form?

Thanks!

Yes, definitely. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.