5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I got my receipt number last night.  I had thought that the receipt number tells you what processing center you're going to, but it starts with IOE which says its processing online from the few "outside details" (not on vj) that I could find. I'm confused. I submitted paper application to the Phoenix lockbox. VJ keeps automatically changing me to the Texas service center, and IOE isnt even an option.  The email also said it was going to a "Harrisonburg " storage facility.  Where's my stuff and what's going on? Anyone? Lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

Enter your receipt number here -- https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

They told me not to until I got the actual paper in the mail.... 😕 I was wondering if the letters at the beginning change if it goes from one service center to another?

23 minutes ago, Pinky37 said:

They told me not to until I got the actual paper in the mail.... 😕 I was wondering if the letters at the beginning change if it goes from one service center to another?

Who told you not to check your case status using the official USCIS site?!  Once you have your receipt number, you can already check the case status online.  Whether the displayed status is helpful or not is another matter 😆  But there's no need to wait for the paper notice in the mail to be able to use the online tool.

The receipt number will not change even if the case is transferred to another service center.  Receipt number starting with IOE simply means your paper-filed petition was scanned and uploaded into the USCIS online system to be processed electronically.  It will still be assigned to one of the service centers for adjudication.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.