jin2x

Tourist visa

10 posts in this topic

Good morning/afternoon to all!

I have questions on how to process tourist visa. I'm a U.S citizen and planning to Invite my sister in the Philippines to come visit here in the U.S  after delivering my first child . How to start  processing tourist visa?  I hope someone can give me  some info. Thank you!

USEM isn't processing tourist visa during the pandemic, it will be a long time before they start doing them again. Due to the quarantine, lockdown, limited mass transporation, curfews, house arrest for any one over age 65 or under age 18.

Invitation are not required for a US tourist visa, this isn't Australia.   The US Embassy in manila has easy directions for applying:

U.S. Embassy in Philippines (usembassy.gov)

The people I know who want to see family members come to the USA are doing F1 (Student Visa) and after getting requirements finished it taking about 5 weeks after submitting application to get a interview at the US Embassy.  

15 minutes ago, jin2x said:

I'm a U.S citizen and planning to Invite my sister in the Philippines to come visit here in the U.S  after delivering my first child . How to start  processing tourist visa?

Your sister will need to apply for a B2 visa herself.  No need for an invitation letter from you.  Instructions here -- https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-typeb1b2.asp

Note that the US embassy in Manila is currently not processing non-emergency first-time B visa applications.  Your sister may apply anyway, but the earliest she can get an interview appointment would probably be mid-2022.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Chancy said:

Your sister will need to apply for a B2 visa herself.  No need for an invitation letter from you.  Instructions here -- https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-typeb1b2.asp

Note that the US embassy in Manila is currently not processing non-emergency first-time B visa applications.  Your sister may apply anyway, but the earliest she can get an interview appointment would probably be mid-2022.

travel.state.gov is showing well over a year (425 days) for tourist interview.

On 7/16/2021 at 5:14 AM, Chancy said:

Thank you! It help a lot , I thought im the one who will do it. Do you know what requirements for applying tourist visa? She have assets in the Philippines, land and  house is that enough? Or do she need more like  more money in the bank? 

3 minutes ago, jin2x said:

Do you know what requirements for applying tourist visa?

DS-160 application form, ID photos, payment, valid passport.  That's it.

The applicant may bring supporting documents to the visa interview, but not required.  It's very rare for the consul officer to even look at additional documents brought to the interview.

7 minutes ago, jin2x said:

She have assets in the Philippines, land and  house is that enough? Or do she need more like  more money in the bank?

None of those are required.  It would help if the applicant has a stable, high-paying job in the Philippines, and good travel history to other visa countries.  Still, none of those guarantee approval for a tourist visa.

23 hours ago, Chancy said:

DS-160 application form, ID photos, payment, valid passport.  That's it.

The applicant may bring supporting documents to the visa interview, but not required.  It's very rare for the consul officer to even look at additional documents brought to the interview.

None of those are required.  It would help if the applicant has a stable, high-paying job in the Philippines, and good travel history to other visa countries.  Still, none of those guarantee approval for a tourist visa.

She never been to the  other country this is her first incase she apply. She have enough  money in her bank account also . But I wasn't sure if this enough so she can visit me here in the u.s

6 hours ago, jin2x said:

She have enough  money in her bank account also . But I wasn't sure if this enough so she can visit me here in the u.s

There's no requirement for "show money" when applying for US tourist visa.  The consul officer will not look at bank statements because they know that some applicants "park" loaned money in their bank account in a misguided attempt to bolster their credentials for visa application.

In any case, if your sister has $160 to spare, she should just apply.  But as mentioned above, she probably won't get an interview slot until mid/late next year.

9 hours ago, jin2x said:

She never been to the  other country this is her first incase she apply. She have enough  money in her bank account also . But I wasn't sure if this enough so she can visit me here in the u.s

It will be well over a year before she even gets an interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.