AFQuaid

Fiance recieves Credit card offer and offer from stamps.com

13 posts in this topic

Ok this is very weird. With our last letter from NVC my fiance says it also contained a credit card off (addressed to Andrew & Fiona Sertich)....and yesterday he recieves a letter from stamps.com offering him cheaper stamps as they "followed" how he sends multiple gifts to me abroad...again addressed to Andrew & Fiona Sertich.....anybody else get this? We aren't married yet....and we've never even been to stamps.com ..... does NVC pass our names onto companies or something?

Fiona :huh:

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

I find it to be an absolute impossibility that a credit card offer was contained in the envelope with the letter from the NVC.

Somebody got the mail mixed up.

She didn't say it was IN THE SAME ENVELOPE, just that an offer in his name came the same time as the letter from NVC.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Yes with the rest of the mail not in the same envelope....its just rather odd....that we're getting things addressed to both of us as soon as our file passed through NVC.....we're doing the fiance visa so I'm not a Sertich yet exactly ... I just wonder if at the NVC they put "to be" married couples into a system. We can think of no other way the credit card company nor stamps.com would of known of our intentions....

Love hurts

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

You'll do anything

Yes with the rest of the mail not in the same envelope....its just rather odd....that we're getting things addressed to both of us as soon as our file passed through NVC.....we're doing the fiance visa so I'm not a Sertich yet exactly ... I just wonder if at the NVC they put "to be" married couples into a system. We can think of no other way the credit card company nor stamps.com would of known of our intentions....

You're wrong. It's highly illegal for USCIS or the State Department to sell or give any information regarding visas to any party aside from the petitioner and beneficiary. Even for your congressperson to inquire on your behalf, you need to sign a release saying that the congressperson has your permission to inquire on your file.

It must be something else that you did that got sold. Perhaps when you registered with tickertag you gave them your address.

Ok...calm down was just a thought. It couldn't of been tickertag because they only ask for an email and first name, log in name and password....

Anyway it doesn't matter.

Love hurts

Love Loves

You'll do anything

Ok...calm down was just a thought. It couldn't of been tickertag because they only ask for an email and first name, log in name and password....

Anyway it doesn't matter.

I think I'd be weirded out too if I were you, and I know it looks suspicious, but I really doubt USCIS would do that, it would be a huge breach of privacy.

Hopefully that'll be the end of it... I hope you didn't somehow make it onto a junk mail list :wacko:

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's on your website that way, isn't it?

Maybe some kind of spider-bot web crawler marketing thingie?

Edited by meauxna

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

:unsure: hmmm my fiances address isnt on our website, nor is mine but our "to be" married name is.....its kinda weird....maybe they did see that and looked up his address?

Love hurts

Love Loves

You'll do anything

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:unsure: hmmm my fiances address isnt on our website, nor is mine but our "to be" married name is.....its kinda weird....maybe they did see that and looked up his address?

I dunno.. how did he register the web hosting/domain? I've been put on some mailing lists since registering a new site...

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I would be willing to bet that you have spyware on your computer that is collecting personal information and sending it home. The only other reasonable possibility is if you have this information in some cookies and ventured off to a website that liked to datamine your info.

Try getting some spyware removal software / prevention.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.