Faisal khan

Parents DS-260 civil documents

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am US citizen and wants to bring my parents to USA from Pakistan. I filed I-130 which is approved. I have also filed affidavit of support online and now second stage is for DS-260 I am totally confuse about this whole civil documents thing. i can not find a clear definition of what are civil documents for Parents for DS-260. I appreciate if some one can provide me any reference.

9 hours ago, Faisal khan said:

i can not find a clear definition of what are civil documents for Parents for DS-260. I appreciate if some one can provide me any reference.

There are no civil documents required to be able to submit the DS-260.  Your parents simply need to fill out the form and submit when done.

After they submit the DS-260, they do need to upload their civil documents to NVC's CEAC portal.  The general list of required documents is here -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

Note that police certificates from Pakistan are NOT required.  Do not waste money and effort getting them.

Timeline
On 6/26/2021 at 10:25 PM, Chancy said:

There are no civil documents required to be able to submit the DS-260.  Your parents simply need to fill out the form and submit when done.

After they submit the DS-260, they do need to upload their civil documents to NVC's CEAC portal.  The general list of required documents is here -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

Note that police certificates from Pakistan are NOT required.  Do not waste money and effort getting them.

thanks for sharing the link. I understand that there are no documents required to submit DS-260 but after there are civil documents required. 

I am trying to find out what are list of CIVIL documents they need to submit. do they need their birth certificate or just mines also do they need medical report ? that's why I mentioned information at the following link is confusing.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

12 minutes ago, Faisal khan said:

do they need their birth certificate or just mines

The page I linked above states that both are required for IR5 cases --

Birth Certificates -- You and each family member immigrating with you must obtain an original birth certificate or certified copy.  (Note that "You" refers to the visa applicant, ie. your parents.)

Petitioner Documents -- If you are applying for an IR5 visa as the parent of a U.S. citizen or for an F4 visa as the brother or sister of a U.S. citizen: You must obtain an original birth certificate for your petitioner, or a certified copy.

17 minutes ago, Faisal khan said:

do they need medical report ?

The medical exam is required as part of step 10, which comes after NVC completes document screening -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview.html

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Timeline
On 6/26/2021 at 9:25 PM, Chancy said:

my parents are pakistan nationals but reside in UAE and have a police certificate from UAE. They also do not need a police certificate from Pakistan?? plz clarify

On 8/9/2021 at 8:39 AM, kashif01 said:

They also do not need a police certificate from Pakistan?? plz clarify

Police certificates from Pakistan are NOT required for visa processing, whether for Pakistani nationals or foreigners who have lived in Pakistan.  It says so on the Department of State's website -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks for help, I was able to collect most of the required documents, just one last question what photographs do I need to upload under civil documents upload section ?

On 8/11/2021 at 3:43 AM, Chancy said:

Police certificates from Pakistan are NOT required for visa processing, whether for Pakistani nationals or foreigners who have lived in Pakistan.  It says so on the Department of State's website -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

Hi how about in South Korea? Is the police clearance still required?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.