Moxa1989

June 2021 AOS Filers

214 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I-485- New Card is being produced ! 

Very in shock right now as I haven't done an interview. I did submit an RFE about 2 weeks ago. Unsure if its a 2 or 10 year GC

Super thankful this is over at least for now !

Hello all,

I haven't had any updates to my case since September, when I had my fingerprints taken:

image.png.4ab01bfc687083046358bb447ae8b2fd.png

Should I be concerned, or is this normal? I am expecting an RFE for the medical exam. My I-485 was received on 6/24/21.

Thank you for your help!

6 hours ago, MGT said:

Hello all,

I haven't had any updates to my case since September, when I had my fingerprints taken:

image.png.4ab01bfc687083046358bb447ae8b2fd.png

Should I be concerned, or is this normal? I am expecting an RFE for the medical exam. My I-485 was received on 6/24/21.

Thank you for your help!

I also haven't really heard anything since my biometrics appointment in September. I think that in itself isn't anything to worry about. Is the thing you're waiting on the I-693? If so, have you checked your online account if it was uploaded there? 

My I-693 was produced and sent out roughly two weeks after my biometrics. The status never updated, but in my account I could see the courtesy letter uploaded. 

asdf

8 minutes ago, ghostinthemachine said:

I also haven't really heard anything since my biometrics appointment in September. I think that in itself isn't anything to worry about. Is the thing you're waiting on the I-693? If so, have you checked your online account if it was uploaded there? 

My I-693 was produced and sent out roughly two weeks after my biometrics. The status never updated, but in my account I could see the courtesy letter uploaded. 

Fair enough, that is what I thought, but the VJ estimates were saying I should have heard back last week. I understand they are estimates, but I rather double-check!

I am waiting for the I-693, when I check my USCIS account I don't see anything other than case status and case history. Am I missing anything?

image.png.ea43bee7e75fb0bb42cc5cd3487d3548.png

Thank you

4 minutes ago, MGT said:

Fair enough, that is what I thought, but the VJ estimates were saying I should have heard back last week. I understand they are estimates, but I rather double-check!

I am waiting for the I-693, when I check my USCIS account I don't see anything other than case status and case history. Am I missing anything?

image.png.ea43bee7e75fb0bb42cc5cd3487d3548.png

Thank you

I was gonna say check your documents tab... but you don't seem to have one 😅 - the case status/history never changed for me when the I-693 was produced

Screenshot 2022-01-18 at 13.27.02.png

asdf

On 1/3/2022 at 12:36 AM, SMBH said:

Update: Medical exam done and Interview is scheduled for January 18th. 

Still no update on the EAD/AP… 

Happy New Years to everyone!

Update: Had the interview today in Chicago. IO was friendly enough, he asked us to verify a few things from the application, we also brought up the fact that they had a typo when inputting my husband’s name into their system, he made a note of it and said he would have IT fix it, but it shouldn’t be an issue. He asked us very few questions, just about our wedding ceremony, how/when we met, and then if we had anything new for him that we hadn’t previously submitted. We gave our additional stuff (which included shared renter’s insurance, car insurance, health insurance, lease documents, more photos, vacation itineraries, etc). He asked to see the originals for our marriage certificate and husband’s birth certificate as well as our respective passports. And that was it! He said he didn’t see any concern or issue with our marriage and the I-130 would be approved. The 485 he said would take maybe a week or so to be approved because all the information/new documents need to be checked, but he said we can expect to see the status change for the green card within a week or so. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone GC in hand today ! EAD actually got lost at my old address cause I had a forwarded address. Anyhoo just some specifics on my case so to helps put things in perspective. 

Follow to join with my husband on Eb2 with I-140 

- followed up with my congressman in October because of an erroneous denial in my initial filing. This error by Uscis  pushed my application later by 8 mons

- congressman really helped and pushed for me to get my EAD

- received an RFE on Nov 17th with questions about my original BC , proof of marriage etc 

- submitted response Dec 23 

- EAD approved on Jan 5th - got lost in mail

- 10 year GC approved on Jan 12th - in hand today 

I believe I didn’t need an interview because it was employment based and I was married to my husband before he became a GC holder. 

Great luck to everyone! I wish you all the best ! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Tunisia
Timeline
On 6/19/2021 at 11:27 AM, Moxa1989 said:

Hello All, I'm posting on behalf of my sister.

She filled for AOS from B2, Married to USC.

application mailed on 06/07/2021

package delivered on 06/09/2021

Still waiting for Notice.

Good Luck Everyone :)

Just an update her EAD status changed to approved today 01/22/21 but it shows date that it was approved is 1/21/22. 
I will post to update when it’s in hand. 
finger crossed everyone’s case start moving soon. 

No updates. I’m guessing since my case is employment-based, my processing time is a bit longer.

I’ll continue to be patient since it is outside my control and it is just a waiting game now!

Congratulations to all who recently received their EAD/GC!

On 1/18/2022 at 6:03 PM, SMBH said:

Update: Had the interview today in Chicago. IO was friendly enough, he asked us to verify a few things from the application, we also brought up the fact that they had a typo when inputting my husband’s name into their system, he made a note of it and said he would have IT fix it, but it shouldn’t be an issue. He asked us very few questions, just about our wedding ceremony, how/when we met, and then if we had anything new for him that we hadn’t previously submitted. We gave our additional stuff (which included shared renter’s insurance, car insurance, health insurance, lease documents, more photos, vacation itineraries, etc). He asked to see the originals for our marriage certificate and husband’s birth certificate as well as our respective passports. And that was it! He said he didn’t see any concern or issue with our marriage and the I-130 would be approved. The 485 he said would take maybe a week or so to be approved because all the information/new documents need to be checked, but he said we can expect to see the status change for the green card within a week or so. 

Have you had any updates? Had our interview at Chicago as well yesterday and my online status is still at “Interview Was Scheduled” idk if this is common or something to be concerned about. We weren’t approved on the spot but IO said he will review and scan new documents. Interview went well (we believe lol) he didn’t ask much. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.