Marthaeu

Update DS260 before interview?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Today we registred the interview appointment for my husband.  Enter the CEAC account and download the Tax transcription 2020, I wanted to update the DS260 but there I do not see it . where I can call or send email to request open the DS260?

Timeline
On 6/18/2021 at 6:56 PM, Marthaeu said:

Today we registred the interview appointment for my husband.  Enter the CEAC account and download the Tax transcription 2020, I wanted to update the DS260 but there I do not see it . where I can call or send email to request open the DS260?

My wife is scheduled for her interview on July 1. We have heard that the DS-260 will be re-opened a few days before the interview, but if it isn't, that we can email or call. You may want to consider updating everything in CEAC if it has been some time since you first provided those documents. I uploaded an updated I-864, W-2 from last year, tax transcript, and recent paystub (and my wife will also provide these at the interview, if needed). Someone who went thru IV in Bogota just last week mentioned their interview was less than 5 minutes because they updated everything in CEAC. Others who did not spent hours sorting paperwork.

Timeline
19 hours ago, majm said:

My wife is scheduled for her interview on July 1. We have heard that the DS-260 will be re-opened a few days before the interview, but if it isn't, that we can email or call. You may want to consider updating everything in CEAC if it has been some time since you first provided those documents. I uploaded an updated I-864, W-2 from last year, tax transcript, and recent paystub (and my wife will also provide these at the interview, if needed). Someone who went thru IV in Bogota just last week mentioned their interview was less than 5 minutes because they updated everything in CEAC. Others who did not spent hours sorting paperwork.

Thank you for giving me an opinion. We also download everything to update including a criminal record certificate or police certificate.  I would also like to know if the DS260 has an expiration date of one year since my husband's was completed and generated in September 2020 and his interview appointment will be on July 2021. Do you know anything about this?

Edited by Marthaeu

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Marthaeu said:

Thank you for giving me an opinion. We also download everything to update including a criminal record certificate or police certificate.  I would also like to know if the DS260 has an expiration date of one year since my husband's was completed and generated in September 2020 and his interview appointment will be on July 2021. Do you know anything about this?

The DS-260 has an expiration date. Ours shows 04/30/2022 in CEAC, but I think this may be the expiration of the form between revisions and not about what was submitted. We are planning to email ivbogota@state.gov if the form does not automatically "re-open" by Thursday (one week before my wife's interview). She is taking the confirmation page of her DS-260 completed last year to her medical exam this week.

The guidelines for Bogota from May 2021 do not explicitly say you have to update the DS-260, but many who have had appointments in the last few weeks say it is required.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/BGT-Bogota-06MAY2021.pdf

ds260.png

Edited by majm

Timeline
On 6/21/2021 at 1:22 PM, majm said:

The DS-260 has an expiration date. Ours shows 04/30/2022 in CEAC, but I think this may be the expiration of the form between revisions and not about what was submitted. We are planning to email ivbogota@state.gov if the form does not automatically "re-open" by Thursday (one week before my wife's interview). She is taking the confirmation page of her DS-260 completed last year to her medical exam this week.

The guidelines for Bogota from May 2021 do not explicitly say you have to update the DS-260, but many who have had appointments in the last few weeks say it is required.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/BGT-Bogota-06MAY2021.pdf

ds260.png

On 6/21/2021 at 1:22 PM, majm said:

ds260.png

On the page of the Embassy of Bogota this message has just come out about the DS 260 that has expiration of 1 year. So only those that have more than one year should update it . 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Marthaeu said:

On the page of the Embassy of Bogota this message has just come out about the DS 260 that has expiration of 1 year. So only those that have more than one year should update it . 

Let's hope that's accurate! I know they also advised that if any information has changed, you must update it (regardless of time). My wife moved during the pandemic and required an update on the form anyway considering she has a different address.

Have you heard the latest mess about the lab in Bogota that the Embassy uses? My wife is having her medical exam right this very moment... the word is that the lab contract was canceled, so now they're trying to find a new lab for all applicants 😕 Many people on Facebook and Whatsapp are saying they are now stuck in administrative processing because of this!

Timeline
43 minutes ago, majm said:

Let's hope that's accurate! I know they also advised that if any information has changed, you must update it (regardless of time). My wife moved during the pandemic and required an update on the form anyway considering she has a different address.

Have you heard the latest mess about the lab in Bogota that the Embassy uses? My wife is having her medical exam right this very moment... the word is that the lab contract was canceled, so now they're trying to find a new lab for all applicants 😕 Many people on Facebook and Whatsapp are saying they are now stuck in administrative processing because of this!

I'm sorry your wife is in that situation.  I am waiting for the information that they give me in the office of Dr. Dennis to know which is the new laboratory.  But if it's just that and they keep the passport, it's a good sign, they're just waiting for the laboratory.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Marthaeu said:

I'm sorry your wife is in that situation.  I am waiting for the information that they give me in the office of Dr. Dennis to know which is the new laboratory.  But I hope they have a new laboratory soon because it is very unfair that they put it in the administrative process because of their error.

Timeline
On 6/23/2021 at 3:32 PM, Marthaeu said:

I'm sorry your wife is in that situation.  I am waiting for the information that they give me in the office of Dr. Dennis to know which is the new laboratory.  But I hope they have a new laboratory soon because it is very unfair that they put it in the administrative process because of their error.

Thanks. That's the concern now for everyone. AP would be horrible... no timeframe, nothing you can do but wait. This is going to be yet another delay after ONE YEAR waiting at NVC for an interview to be scheduled.

My wife had Dr. Roa today for her medical exam and he said the only info they have from the Embassy is "do not send people to the lab". It's ridiculous that virtually nothing is being disclosed about something so important.

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove quoted hijack content

Timeline
On 6/23/2021 at 7:06 PM, majm said:

My wife had Dr. Roa today for her medical exam and he said the only info they have from the Embassy is "do not send people to the lab". It's ridiculous that virtually nothing is being disclosed about something so important.

Nothing is known yet of a new laboratory.  It really is their negligence because there are many laboratories in Bogota.  It is unfortunate many people who live outside of Bogota and because of them were in the administrative process and must make another hotel expense, tickets etc when they have the laboratory ready.  When does your wife have the interview?  hopefully next week there will be a solution.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Marthaeu said:

Nothing is known yet of a new laboratory.  It really is their negligence because there are many laboratories in Bogota.  It is unfortunate many people who live outside of Bogota and because of them were in the administrative process and must make another hotel expense, tickets etc when they have the laboratory ready.  When does your wife have the interview?  hopefully next week there will be a solution.

Agreed 😔 Her interview is on Thursday morning. Medical exam was completed, but no lab work. We are preparing for the unknown of AP.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Hijack post and replies to said post removed.~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline
11 hours ago, majm said:

Agreed 😔 Her interview is on Thursday morning. Medical exam was completed, but no lab work. We are preparing for the unknown of AP.

Well, those AP cases due to lack of the laboratory should only be handled differently at different times than AP cases for other reasons. I hope they keep her passport and so once they have a laboratory they give the visa.  Best of luck to your wife.!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.