ros88

can application be denied if I leave the country after fingerprints were taken?And How do they know I was in the country?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, ros88 said:

But in the last year I have  spent 7 months in The US , now I am abroad but I am planning to go back before 4 months.

In the past 366 days how many have been in the USA?

When you return to the USA in the past 366 days how many will have been in the USA?

1 hour ago, ros88 said:

I applied for this reentry just to make sure to not have issues.

Reentry permits are a great idea when USCIS takes 30 days or less to process them.  You applied. You spent your money.  You don’t get your permit before you are back in the USA.  

1 hour ago, ros88 said:

I dont know what to do more...I just want to go back home without all this stress :(

Exactly.  There is nothing more to do.  Do not be bullied by CBP.  

40 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

@ros88 only an immigration judge may determine that you have abandoned your LPR status. Even if a CBP officer asks you to fill out and sign form I-407, you may just say "no, thank you. Please give me an NTA (Notice to appear) and you would then get a hearing before an immigration judge. 

But you do not have to worry about any of that because you are nowhere near that point. You should be fine returning to the US after your projected 4 month absence. 

completely agree with all of this.  

31 minutes ago, Mike E said:

In the past 366 days how many have been in the USA?

When you return to the USA in the past 366 days how many will have been in the USA?

Reentry permits are a great idea when USCIS takes 30 days or less to process them.  You applied. You spent your money.  You don’t get your permit before you are back in the USA.  

Exactly.  There is nothing more to do.  Do not be bullied by CBP.  

completely agree with all of this.  

.In The Past 366 days I have been 7 months in the US.

But as I told you before in the past (before this last year) I have been a lot outside of the country.

When I will be back in the US it will be 7 months in and 4 out.

Thank you for helping me sorting out all this! :)

1 hour ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

@ros88 only an immigration judge may determine that you have abandoned your LPR status. Even if a CBP officer asks you to fill out and sign form I-407, you may just say "no, thank you. Please give me an NTA (Notice to appear) and you would then get a hearing before an immigration judge. 

But you do not have to worry about any of that because you are nowhere near that point. You should be fine returning to the US after your projected 4 month absence. 

Thank you!

I know but I say before, I am just worried because in the past (before this last year) I have been a lot out of the country.

But I just left after 7 months in the US and plannig to go back home in less than 4 months, Hope to not face any issue when back.

Thanks a lot!

5 hours ago, ros88 said:

I am actually a 10 years green card holder.

Just forgot to update my timeline, sorry!

3 hours ago, ros88 said:

Dear Mike,

I own a house and a business in the US.

I am married to an american citizen who also own a business in the US.

We live in The US my life is there but "unfortunately" I also have my family in Italy and for a family issue I had to spend a lot of time overseas (never more than a year) Then I had to spend more time because of Covid...etc.... so many problems!

But in the last year I have  spent 7 months in The US , now I am abroad but I am planning to go back before 4 months.

Then I should not need to travel overseas anymore (I hope).

I applied for this reentry just to make sure to not have issues.

I dont know what to do more...I just want to go back home without all this stress :(

Okay so this is I-131 for a re-entry permit. Yeah you'll be fine. You are not required to be in US for this except to give biometrics.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

12 hours ago, Demise said:

Okay so this is I-131 for a re-entry permit. Yeah you'll be fine. You are not required to be in US for this except to give biometrics.

And how do they check that? Based on the info I wrote in the application?

They used my old bio but I was phisically in the US for the entire process, I just recently left.

Edited by ros88

9 minutes ago, ros88 said:

And how do they check that? Based on the info I wrote in the application?

They used my old bio but I was phisically in the US for the entire process, I just recently left.

If they reused your old biometrics then you actually did not have to be in US at all. How do they check for applications that require you to stay in US for some period of time (e.g. I-485 until at least I-131 is approved or I-539)? They check CBP records. People like to think that there's no outbound checks but that's not true.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

If it makes you feel better there is no harm done in applying for a reentry permit. You might have the intention to come back in a few months but with the pandemic it is possible that you might end up staying longer than originally planned, and you want to be prepared, there is nothing wrong with that. With that being said, you didn’t provided much information at the beginning and since this is forum is dedicated to removal of conditions we were assuming at the beginning that you were removing conditions or on pending AOS, so that was the confusion originally.

21 hours ago, ros88 said:

Yes, but because of my travel history, last time I entered the country the officer reccomend me to get a reentry permit for future trips.

there is no restrictions on travelling outside US as long as you maintained residence/ties to US. 

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.