Lights

IR5 Interview - Documents Needed (kept passport)

19 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Milasa said:

Congratulations!!! 🎊 

One more question: when uploading documents to ceac for the passport did your parents upload all the pages, or only the one with name and picture?

Thank you! I only uploaded the page with their picture and information. And my parents also bought a copy of that page to their interview along with the passport. If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If that is something I can answer, I will be glad to help!

Hi everyone, thank you for this opportunity to bring our experiences and thoughts together for the success of the visa journey of our parents. I submitted supporting documents on June 18 and sill waiting to hear the feedback after review. It was surprising for me to hear that a parent visa could be temporary denied because if the lack of an original document. Does it mean the petitional has to send her birth certificate, citizen and petition marriage certificate to the forieng country?

20 hours ago, Blaise said:

Hi everyone, thank you for this opportunity to bring our experiences and thoughts together for the success of the visa journey of our parents. I submitted supporting documents on June 18 and sill waiting to hear the feedback after review. It was surprising for me to hear that a parent visa could be temporary denied because if the lack of an original document. Does it mean the petitional has to send her birth certificate, citizen and petition marriage certificate to the forieng country?

Unfortunately, it happens all the time.  One missing required document is enough to put the visa issuance on hold no matter how strong your case is. I’ve seen cases where things turned around quickly after the missing document was submitted, like in just hours. But there were also cases where the wait could be weeks or even months. In our case, after the complete medical reports were sent in, it took almost five weeks for them to issue the visas. 

In IR5 cases, the petitioner’s original birth certificate is one of the required document that must be presented at the interview. And yes, I sent my original birth certificate back to the country where my parents live so that they could bring it to the interview. Original marriage certificate and naturalization certificate were not needed though, just copies as part of my I-864 packet. I strongly recommend checking out the embassy/consulate website to know exactly what the required documents are and whether they have to be original copies or not. 

11 hours ago, HanhChi said:

Unfortunately, it happens all the time.  One missing required document is enough to put the visa issuance on hold no matter how strong your case is. I’ve seen cases where things turned around quickly after the missing document was submitted, like in just hours. But there were also cases where the wait could be weeks or even months. In our case, after the complete medical reports were sent in, it took almost five weeks for them to issue the visas. 

In IR5 cases, the petitioner’s original birth certificate is one of the required document that must be presented at the interview. And yes, I sent my original birth certificate back to the country where my parents live so that they could bring it to the interview. Original marriage certificate and naturalization certificate were not needed though, just copies as part of my I-864 packet. I strongly recommend checking out the embassy/consulate website to know exactly what the required documents are and whether they have to be original copies or not. 

Thank you so much!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.