Chadmaia

Reasons for expediting visa?

13 posts in this topic

My husband has stage 4 lung cancer and although he is in remission at the moment - he knows it will come back. We have missed the first year of our grandson’s life because of Covid and our second grandson is due in twelve days. Would this be likely to be reason for expedition of his immigrant visa and mine as his carer? He just wants to spend his last years enjoying his grandsons and feels his life is ticking away

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Who is the immigrant and who is the US Citizen?

Good luck. 

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My heart goes out to you. 

We received an expedite (Second attempt, seemed unrelated but as the US Citizen son I also contacted my congressional delegation) from NVC to London after an ALS diagnosis for my mother. 

We included (on the second + successful attempt) the diagnosis letter from her doctor, an estimate of costs to travel to be with her, loss of income, and the impact on me as the petitioner, my wife, children, brother, sister in law and my nieces. 

My email requesting expedite is below:

I am writing today to request that the above case IDs expedited to the earliest possible appointment with the London Embassy, which is out of the English lockdown procedure. When we submitted the paperwork for my parents immigration we were excited to have them come and retire close to family. However, on Friday March 19th my mother was diagnosed with ALS/Motor Neuron Disease. ALS is one of the few diseases for which there is no cure and will be terminal. Her neurologist has provided the attached letter with diagnosis and average life expectancy. I request an expedited appointment to prevent a financial burden upon myself as a US Citizen. Currently with quarantine procedures, travel costs and lost income then simply travelling to the UK for help with medical appointments would cost me tens of thousands of dollars.

Waiting for my parents in America are the entirety of my parents family: in particular their 5 grandchildren, my brother & I. We desperately don't want to lose any of the time we have left with our mother and their grandmother, particularly in the years that she has the least mental and physical impact from ALS. We are eager to maximize whatever time we have left with my mother, to support my father and to celebrate every moment we have left. All the guidance we've read & that her doctor gave her is to not waste a single day of the good times remaining.  

We are a proud family. We love each other and asking for help from strangers doesn't come easily. That being said, we beg you to expedite this process and expedite their interview. By doing so you will be enabling so much joy and relieving the burden on our family, including the now 9 immediate US citizens. If we can't expedite the process then I (and my brother) will be travelling back and forward to support my mother, negatively impacting 5 young children who will be without their fathers for significant periods of time. 

Attachments area

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

@Chadmaia

Answers often depend on specific info. You haven’t filled out a timeline. Where are your cases right now? Has the petition been approved by USCIS?  Is your case at NVC? If NVC, when were you documentarily qualified? 

Also must mention that health care is going to be very expensive and health insurance will be too. Have you priced out insurance? Are you aware that you will still be paying a percentage of your medical bills as well. The sticker shock can be overwhelming to those used to NHS. 

Thank you for your replies😊 We are at the stage of just waiting on the Embassy appointment. We were document qualified last November. It seems to be taking a year from that date to get an appointment,due to the pandemic. It seems unlikely that our case would be successful, so we’ll just have to wait😩

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Chadmaia said:

Thank you for your replies😊 We are at the stage of just waiting on the Embassy appointment. We were document qualified last November. It seems to be taking a year from that date to get an appointment,due to the pandemic. It seems unlikely that our case would be successful, so we’ll just have to wait😩

Send in a request, rather have the USC petitioner request.  What hardships is the delay causing the USC?  It is a humanitarian situation.  @ArkansasExile   has a good example. I forget if they have have managed to get an interview yet...another one with no timeline or profile. 

Timeline
On 5/22/2021 at 7:16 AM, Wuozopo said:

Send in a request, rather have the USC petitioner request.  What hardships is the delay causing the USC?  It is a humanitarian situation.  @ArkansasExile   has a good example. I forget if they have have managed to get an interview yet...another one with no timeline or profile. 

I haven't done the timeline due to not having all the dates to hand and the amount of personal stuff requested. Possibly just overly cautious. 

They interviewed on April 28th, got 221g'd pending medical and new original birth certificate from Gloucestershire for me. Both the medical and the new birth certificate were received on May 5th, CEAC tracker shows my mum's case was touched on the 5th, then the 6th, my dad's just on the 6th (but the embassy consolidated their cases on the day of the interview). 

So coming up on about 3 weeks this Thursday from the last touch and collectively we probably check it 50 times a day each

On 5/24/2021 at 8:07 AM, ArkansasExile said:

I haven't done the timeline due to not having all the dates to hand and the amount of personal stuff requested. Possibly just overly cautious. 

They interviewed on April 28th, got 221g'd pending medical and new original birth certificate from Gloucestershire for me. Both the medical and the new birth certificate were received on May 5th, CEAC tracker shows my mum's case was touched on the 5th, then the 6th, my dad's just on the 6th (but the embassy consolidated their cases on the day of the interview). 

So coming up on about 3 weeks this Thursday from the last touch and collectively we probably check it 50 times a day each

What was the example you used for the expedition @ArkansasExile?

On 5/21/2021 at 1:18 PM, Wuozopo said:

@Chadmaia

Answers often depend on specific info. You haven’t filled out a timeline. Where are your cases right now? Has the petition been approved by USCIS?  Is your case at NVC? If NVC, when were you documentarily qualified? 

Also must mention that health care is going to be very expensive and health insurance will be too. Have you priced out insurance? Are you aware that you will still be paying a percentage of your medical bills as well. The sticker shock can be overwhelming to those used to NHS. 

Yes, we have priced it out (i'm the petitioner and US citizen) - there's actually some pretty good plans with the ACA now and not as bad as i was expecting

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Radioherd said:

What was the example you used for the expedition @ArkansasExile?

My mum got an ALS diagnosis - sample below is the expedite request with NVC that was approved. We were denied the first time with a very similar email/request but the second one was sent right as they were reopening the embassy

We received an expedite (Second attempt, seemed unrelated but as the US Citizen son I also contacted my congressional delegation) from NVC to London after an ALS diagnosis for my mother. 

We included (on the second + successful attempt) the diagnosis letter from her doctor, an estimate of costs to travel to be with her, loss of income, and the impact on me as the petitioner, my wife, children, brother, sister in law and my nieces. 

I am writing today to request that the above case IDs expedited to the earliest possible appointment with the London Embassy, which is out of the English lockdown procedure. When we submitted the paperwork for my parents immigration we were excited to have them come and retire close to family. However, on Friday March 19th my mother was diagnosed with ALS/Motor Neuron Disease. ALS is one of the few diseases for which there is no cure and will be terminal. Her neurologist has provided the attached letter with diagnosis and average life expectancy. I request an expedited appointment to prevent a financial burden upon myself as a US Citizen. Currently with quarantine procedures, travel costs and lost income then simply travelling to the UK for help with medical appointments would cost me tens of thousands of dollars.

Waiting for my parents in America are the entirety of my parents family: in particular their 5 grandchildren, my brother & I. We desperately don't want to lose any of the time we have left with our mother and their grandmother, particularly in the years that she has the least mental and physical impact from ALS. We are eager to maximize whatever time we have left with my mother, to support my father and to celebrate every moment we have left. All the guidance we've read & that her doctor gave her is to not waste a single day of the good times remaining.  

We are a proud family. We love each other and asking for help from strangers doesn't come easily. That being said, we beg you to expedite this process and expedite their interview. By doing so you will be enabling so much joy and relieving the burden on our family, including the now 9 immediate US citizens. If we can't expedite the process then I (and my brother) will be travelling back and forward to support my mother, negatively impacting 5 young children who will be without their fathers for significant periods of time. 

2 hours ago, ArkansasExile said:

My mum got an ALS diagnosis - sample below is the expedite request with NVC that was approved. We were denied the first time with a very similar email/request but the second one was sent right as they were reopening the embassy

We received an expedite (Second attempt, seemed unrelated but as the US Citizen son I also contacted my congressional delegation) from NVC to London after an ALS diagnosis for my mother. 

Ok thanks for sharing -

I can't seem to find info on where to send the expedite request, is it through the NVC website or direct to the London Embassy?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Radioherd said:

Ok thanks for sharing -

I can't seem to find info on where to send the expedite request, is it through the NVC website or direct to the London Embassy?

It's typical run around stuff - you have to send to the nvc (NVCExpedite <NVCexpedite@state.gov>) who then send it to the embassy who then communicate with the NVC if they approve it or not.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.