Step29

Expedited Request-Manila Embassy

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello. any VJ members here requested for expedite? I sent mine April 30 and still no update yet. Only the auto reply on same day. Appreciate if anyone  can share your timeline for expedite.

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Step29 said:

Hello. any VJ members here requested for expedite? I sent mine April 30 and still no update yet. Only the auto reply on same day. Appreciate if anyone  can share your timeline for expedite.

Thanks.

When I requested an expedite last September, it took around a month for USEM to reply. When they did reply they scheduled an appointment an additional 6 weeks out.  We expedited based on USC child. 

There is a misperception that expedite means immediate. If approved for an expedite the total process can take 3+ months. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I emailed and requested April 1st & followed up multiple times, still haven’t heard anything yet.

Since the Embassy in Manila isn’t accepting emails anymore, I’ve filled out the public inquiry form many times and still haven’t heard anything. 
I’ve called and our latest status is Escalated to Post since April 30th but haven’t gotten any news or update on that either. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Jfresh26 said:

I emailed and requested April 1st & followed up multiple times, still haven’t heard anything yet.

Since the Embassy in Manila isn’t accepting emails anymore, I’ve filled out the public inquiry form many times and still haven’t heard anything. 
I’ve called and our latest status is Escalated to Post since April 30th but haven’t gotten any news or update on that either. 

Just to clarify.. The email should be to nvc right?ur saying you requested the expedite directly to embassy? Embassy told me that if i want to expedite my case, should email the nvc. Others are getting feedback from nvc thats its under review. 

58 minutes ago, Jfresh26 said:

Can your congressman get any info?

Edited by Joe Kano

Timeline
1 hour ago, Step29 said:

Just to clarify.. The email should be to nvc right?ur saying you requested the expedite directly to embassy? Embassy told me that if i want to expedite my case, should email the nvc. Others are getting feedback from nvc thats its under review. 

If your CEAC says at NVC, then yes. But it depends where your petition is. Mine has been stuck on “Case ready” since June 2020, meaning it’s at the embassy so that’s who I contacted. Just feels like an endless waiting game. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

Can your congressman get any info?

I haven’t tried. I was really considering it at one point but saw a lot of people have no luck with their congressman so I got discouraged to even try. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Jfresh26 said:

If your CEAC says at NVC, then yes. But it depends where your petition is. Mine has been stuck on “Case ready” since June 2020, meaning it’s at the embassy so that’s who I contacted. Just feels like an endless waiting game. 

So sorry to hear that. If u dont mind what is ur visa category? For all i know embassy are prioritizing only cr1/ir1 this time. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Step29 said:

So sorry to hear that. If u dont mind what is ur visa category? For all i know embassy are prioritizing only cr1/ir1 this time. 

K1, I’ve seen many K1s get expedited but its mostly CRBA or military fiancée’s.

Are you K1 too?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Jfresh26 said:

K1, I’ve seen many K1s get expedited but its mostly CRBA or military fiancée’s.

Are you K1 too?

I have read many embassies/consulates not processing k1 yet at the moment that's why maybe its taking too long.. Mine is IW-1. Its converted from cr1 bcoz my petitioner passed away last 2019..

Timeline

Update: I got an email today. We were approved our expedite & given an interview date. 1 month and 20 days until the embassy replied. Don’t lose hope. 

Edited by Jfresh26

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Jfresh26 said:

Update: I got an email today. We were approved our expedite & given an interview date. 1 month and 20 days until the embassy replied. Don’t lose hope. 

wow thanks for the update. I think embassies now are resuming K1 since uve been waiting since jun2020 right.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Step29 said:

wow thanks for the update. I think embassies now are resuming K1 since uve been waiting since jun2020 right.

I hope so! I filed Nov 2019, NOA2 on Mar 2020, Case ready June 2020. Slowly but surely, things should hopefully be getting better for Philippines🤞🏼

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Jfresh26 said:

I hope so! I filed Nov 2019, NOA2 on Mar 2020, Case ready June 2020. Slowly but surely, things should hopefully be getting better for Philippines🤞🏼

best of luck to your case. When is your scheduled interview if u don't mind?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Step29 said:

best of luck to your case. When is your scheduled interview if u don't mind?

Thank you, best of luck to you as well. 
It’s on June 3rd

Edited by Jfresh26

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.