YYZ&MIA

Rescheduling IR-1 Interview Montreal

45 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone,

After many, many long months of waiting, we finally got our interview date but unfortunately I was not able to attend and have to reschedule. 
I am looking for people on here who are in the same boat, specifically those who recently had to reschedule their consular appointment IR-1/ CR-1 Spouse Visa Interview at the Montreal Consulate in Canada. 
I looked all over VJ forums and in general but I wasnt able to find many people who went through the rescheduling process (especially in the past year) that can share their experience, such as how long they waited for a new date etc. so Id like to fill that gap in and also get some information.

Looking forward to hear from yall!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I requested a new interview date on April 15. I haven't received a new date yet, but it's looking like no one here has gotten an interview date for June yet :( In the mean time I have gotten my Tdap booster and will be getting a new police report either today or tomorrow. I've seen some people say it takes a while to receive it due to Canada Post delays so I want to get that part out of the way! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, chanel167 said:

I requested a new interview date on April 15. I haven't received a new date yet, but it's looking like no one here has gotten an interview date for June yet :( In the mean time I have gotten my Tdap booster and will be getting a new police report either today or tomorrow. I've seen some people say it takes a while to receive it due to Canada Post delays so I want to get that part out of the way! 

Did you also get this reply:

We accept your request to reschedule your immigrant visa appointment with the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal. While we aim to process such requests as soon as practicable, there are likely to be increased wait times for rescheduling due to the ongoing pandemic and substantial backlogs. Please be assured that your request to be re-scheduled has been noted, we will contact you as soon as we are able to do so. 

5 minutes ago, YYZ&MIA said:

Did you also get this reply:

We accept your request to reschedule your immigrant visa appointment with the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal. While we aim to process such requests as soon as practicable, there are likely to be increased wait times for rescheduling due to the ongoing pandemic and substantial backlogs. Please be assured that your request to be re-scheduled has been noted, we will contact you as soon as we are able to do so. 

The reply I received was: We have received you request to reschedule, once we have a date the Visa Unit will contact you. 

I found the following in the FAQ page. I'm hoping this means we'll be in the next batch of interviews

“Hi, All.  I was able to reschedule - but because of Covid, it's a lot more complicated than the link that is provided in the FAQ's.  When I realized I wasn't able to make my March 1st appointment (after much anxiety and sleepless nights), I emailed Montreal (the email they recommend to use) and gave them my information - my passport #, my Case # and forwarded my interview email from the NVC.  I told them my reasons (too short notice, working in states, young children traumatized by last 8 mo separation from father, etc).  They cancelled my interview.   I went to sign in at the interview scheduling website - and they said I needed to schedule an appointment - and that there were none available at the time.  Weird, I was expecting to see a calendar, but whatever.  I kept checking.  At the end of February I received another date  - April 9.  Well, that's nice and all, but I'm here in the states under an r-class work visa (I'm a pastor) and April 9 is right after Easter...and I can't leave here during the most holy celebration/feast to quarantine and have all my appointments.  So, I emailed the consulate again and this time I was first given the following email: "The U.S. Consulate General in Montreal does not handle re-scheduling interviews. Any questions about scheduling/re-scheduling the appointment or any issues with the website of our appointment services contractor should be reported directly to the Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service using the contact details here https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/iv/information/contact_us" On the scheduling website it says their call centre can reschedule appointments.  So, I called them, however, the person I talked to at the call-centre said that, no, the Montreal consulate will reschedule the appointment only after I miss the April 9 appointment.  Ok, that's not what happened last time - but ok.

Yesterday I received another email from Montreal saying: Good morning, Thank you for the notification. Our Visa unit will contact you with appointment availability in late April and May 2021.

So, they have no idea what they're doing and they're just stringing me along - each email is from a different operator.  I'm just waiting to see what will happen next."

Timeline
17 hours ago, chanel167 said:

The reply I received was: We have received you request to reschedule, once we have a date the Visa Unit will contact you. 

I found the following in the FAQ page. I'm hoping this means we'll be in the next batch of interviews

“Hi, All.  I was able to reschedule - but because of Covid, it's a lot more complicated than the link that is provided in the FAQ's.  When I realized I wasn't able to make my March 1st appointment (after much anxiety and sleepless nights), I emailed Montreal (the email they recommend to use) and gave them my information - my passport #, my Case # and forwarded my interview email from the NVC.  I told them my reasons (too short notice, working in states, young children traumatized by last 8 mo separation from father, etc).  They cancelled my interview.   I went to sign in at the interview scheduling website - and they said I needed to schedule an appointment - and that there were none available at the time.  Weird, I was expecting to see a calendar, but whatever.  I kept checking.  At the end of February I received another date  - April 9.  Well, that's nice and all, but I'm here in the states under an r-class work visa (I'm a pastor) and April 9 is right after Easter...and I can't leave here during the most holy celebration/feast to quarantine and have all my appointments.  So, I emailed the consulate again and this time I was first given the following email: "The U.S. Consulate General in Montreal does not handle re-scheduling interviews. Any questions about scheduling/re-scheduling the appointment or any issues with the website of our appointment services contractor should be reported directly to the Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service using the contact details here https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/iv/information/contact_us" On the scheduling website it says their call centre can reschedule appointments.  So, I called them, however, the person I talked to at the call-centre said that, no, the Montreal consulate will reschedule the appointment only after I miss the April 9 appointment.  Ok, that's not what happened last time - but ok.

Yesterday I received another email from Montreal saying: Good morning, Thank you for the notification. Our Visa unit will contact you with appointment availability in late April and May 2021.

So, they have no idea what they're doing and they're just stringing me along - each email is from a different operator.  I'm just waiting to see what will happen next."

Yeah, I saw that 🙂 its from one of the users tagged and she said she is still waiting 😞

Timeline
14 hours ago, chanel167 said:

@YYZ&MIA Oh noooo :( I was hopeful that we'd get IL letters this month but it doesn't seem like it. I know that they're super backlogged, but I wish there were a set date that they'd send them out so we know when to expect them. 

Im not very optimistic about our rescheduled interview will be in June, July or August. That would be the dream but something tells me we will be spending another summer apart. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2021 at 1:26 PM, chanel167 said:

Did you get a new interview date yet?

On 5/13/2021 at 11:03 AM, YYZ&MIA said:

Hello everyone,

After many, many long months of waiting, we finally got our interview date but unfortunately I was not able to attend and have to reschedule. 
I am looking for people on here who are in the same boat, specifically those who recently had to reschedule their consular appointment IR-1/ CR-1 Spouse Visa Interview at the Montreal Consulate in Canada. 
I looked all over VJ forums and in general but I wasnt able to find many people who went through the rescheduling process (especially in the past year) that can share their experience, such as how long they waited for a new date etc. so Id like to fill that gap in and also get some information.

Looking forward to hear from yall!

I am in the same boat :( Did you get a new interview date yet? (I'm wondering how long until I will get a new appointment.)

Timeline
2 hours ago, cdngirl3 said:

I am in the same boat :( Did you get a new interview date yet? (I'm wondering how long until I will get a new appointment.)

Not yet. Are you also waiting for a new interview date? When was your initial interview date?

3 hours ago, YYZ&MIA said:

Not yet. Are you also waiting for a new interview date? When was your initial interview date?

Yes I am. My initial interview date was in March, but I wasn't available to travel for an interview until now, so I don't know if they put me on a list (if they have one) already in March or just recently.

When was your initial interview date?

Edited by cdngirl3

5 hours ago, cdngirl3 said:

I didn't get a new interview date either :( I requested a new one on April 15 and was advised that the visa unit would contact me as soon as a date became available. I was hoping we'd all be in the next batch. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.