7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hallo everyone,  

K1 Visa - AOS - Marriage certificate 

I have something to ask that really bothered me. 

So I got married on 1st May 2021, I and my now husband went to county marriage license before that. So here's the thing.

My father's legal name : Sudarto 
And no last name. 

But when I put my father's last name " Yahya" as its my grandfather first name. It's really common in my country only have one name.  

All of my father's legal documents only " Sudarto " even in my birth certificate as well. but, because my husband told me to put his last name to follow my grandfather's first name. 😓

And yes, I only put one name for I-129F before. 

1. Should I get the name fixed? 
2. Is that gonna be problem for AOS if I will leave like that?  

Here's I attached the difference in my marriage record and birth certificate 

Thank you in advance.

IMG_20210511_194418.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Groom&BrideToBe~ said:

Hallo everyone,  

K1 Visa - AOS - Marriage certificate 

I have something to ask that really bothered me. 

So I got married on 1st May 2021, I and my now husband went to county marriage license before that. So here's the thing.

My father's legal name : Sudarto 
And no last name. 

But when I put my father's last name " Yahya" as its my grandfather first name. It's really common in my country only have one name.  

All of my father's legal documents only " Sudarto " even in my birth certificate as well. but, because my husband told me to put his last name to follow my grandfather's first name. 😓

And yes, I only put one name for I-129F before. 

1. Should I get the name fixed? 
2. Is that gonna be problem for AOS if I will leave like that?  

Here's I attached the difference in my marriage record and birth certificate 

Thank you in advance.

IMG_20210511_194418.jpg

I checked our original G-325 and subsequent documents.  Many, many of them.

Nita and I have always used her father’s name as “first name” and grandfather’s name as “last name”

Her birth certificate “father’s name” listed as only first name.  

We put that name (father’s first, grandfather’s last) on everything we’ve ever filed.  

Hope that helps

Edited by Nitas_man

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

I checked our original G-325 and subsequent documents.  Many, many of them.

Nita and I used her father’s name as first name and grandfather’s name as last name

Her birth certificate “father’s name” listed as only first name.  

We put that name on everything we’ve ever filed.  

Hope that helps

So, do you think it won't be big issue for us when I'm applying AOS? :( just worried because in our MC and BC my dads last name isn't match.  

Do you think I should just go to get the name fixed before file AOS

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
Just now, Groom&BrideToBe~ said:

So, do you think it won't be big issue for us when I'm applying AOS? :( just worried because in our MC and BC my dads last name isn't match.  

I think you should file exactly as you filed on your marriage certificate.  At least that is what we did.  

We have filed many things.   The BC has been in several.  The “father’s name” I put is father’s (first), grandfather’s (last).  The translated BC from Jakarta has mother’s first and last like yours and father’s single name only.  This has never been a problem for us, ever.

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Groom&BrideToBe~ said:

It wasn't a problem for the visa,  why is it a problem now?

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

It wasn't a problem for the visa,  why is it a problem now?

Because it just happened just now. For the visa, we put only one single name "Sudarto"

So, when we try to register to make marriage license, my husband told me to fill the last name and I don't know how come he has an idea to put my grandfather's first name as my dad's last name😂  I was about to put the last name as '' unknown OR LNU ( Last Name Unknown)" but my husband told me different thing lol.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Groom&BrideToBe~ said:

Because it just happened just now. For the visa, we put only one single name "Sudarto"

So, when we try to register to make marriage license, my husband told me to fill the last name and I don't know how come he has an idea to put my grandfather's first name as my dad's last name😂  I was about to put the last name as '' unknown OR LNU ( Last Name Unknown)" but my husband told me different thing lol.

Your father isn't adjusting status,  you are.  This amounts to only a minor detail.  

I would prepare the application consistent with the evidence you are providing.   If this was a big detail, then it would be brought up at your interview 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.