ArkansasExile

Parents applied separately but combined at embassy

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I petitioned for both of my parents separately for LPR status as the parents to US citizens. They got an expedited interview and interviewed Wed 28th April. On arrival at the embassy to check in for my mum's 0930 appointment they combined them into one appointment and they interviewed together. The AIS Visa site still has my dad showing as not actually having interviewed but it now shows as a step to add applicants.

Anyone have experience with this? Do we need to do anything? The embassy didn't direct them to do anything and the CEAC tracker side updated my mum's on 05/05/2021 and then both of them yesterday (6th May). They got 221 G'd because the consulate requested fresh originals of the birth certificates & having been expedited they couldn't get a medical until the day after their interview (29th). We know DX delivered fresh birth certificates on 05/05/2021 and the medical clinic told us today that they had received clean medical results back on 05/05/2021 and uploaded it to the embassy. 

Any thoughts on timeline and if we need to do anything on the AIS site?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
38 minutes ago, ArkansasExile said:

Any thoughts on timeline and if we need to do anything on the AIS site?

I think it is just a matter of the officer having time to go back to the case(s) and check the items submitted. Sometimes that happens in 2 days, but with 2 cases and two items each from different sources, it could take a week for them to bother to sort it. Just watch for the status to changed to issued and the visas should be delivered in 1-2 days.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I think it is just a matter of the officer having time to go back to the case(s) and check the items submitted. Sometimes that happens in 2 days, but with 2 cases and two items each from different sources, it could take a week for them to bother to sort it. Just watch for the status to changed to issued and the visas should be delivered in 1-2 days.

Thanks Wuozopo ... do I need to combine on the AIS site or anything to your knowledge? 

Does it go straight from rejected to issued? or to AP first?

Timeline
3 hours ago, ArkansasExile said:

Thanks Wuozopo ... do I need to combine on the AIS site or anything to your knowledge? 

I don’t know much about the site with two applications. Usually there will be a period of AP that could be very brief or a day. It means they are working on it. Once issued, they turn over to the courier to package up, you get an email with tracking and delivery is next day unless you live in a very remote area of Scotland that’s only accessible by boat or something. Most every place is one day delivery. Some recently have gone to AP,  issued, and email in the same day and delivery next. You got out of the flow with the things missing so yours can vary waiting on the officer to get back to his “to do” box.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

i was wondering what is the update on your parents application. I am going through the same thing. My interview was may 4th. Uploaded the birth certificate immediately and still no updates. They did take my passport and gave me a green 221g form. 

Application for a cr1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 5/7/2021 at 2:45 PM, ArkansasExile said:

No. The consulate will take care of everything. It’s just administrative things.  We were interviewed together for our individual IR5 applications also. It may go to AP or rejected then AP.. ours was straight to AP but I think that more recently it has been rejected then AP them issued 

Timeline
9 hours ago, AHA119 said:

Hello

i was wondering what is the update on your parents application. I am going through the same thing. My interview was may 4th. Uploaded the birth certificate immediately and still no updates. They did take my passport and gave me a green 221g form. 

Application for a cr1

No updates ... they took their passports and a 221g for the new original birth certificates and for the medical (due to expedite and appts they had the interview on a Wednesday and Thursday the medicals). Last touch was May 6th per CEAC so we are getting antsy even though we know better.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Lil bear said:

No. The consulate will take care of everything. It’s just administrative things.  We were interviewed together for our individual IR5 applications also. It may go to AP or rejected then AP.. ours was straight to AP but I think that more recently it has been rejected then AP them issued 

Thanks Lil Bear. With wanting them so badly to be expedited and everything else we were starting to wonder if that was the delay (even though it isn't actually that long at all). 

So a lil update. 

interview on 4th may. 

checked status and i had an update on date change. Still refused. the updated 19th may. 

Does that mean anything! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AHA119 said:

So a lil update. 

interview on 4th may. 

checked status and i had an update on date change. Still refused. the updated 19th may. 

Does that mean anything! 

Have you sent an email through the contact form? They would have opened your file and the date would change. Has it changed before, like for instance when they got the birth certificate?

5 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Have you sent an email through the contact form? They would have opened your file and the date would change. Has it changed before, like for instance when they got the birth certificate?

I did send them an email yesterday. 

no changes since the interview and I uploaded the birth certificate immediately. 

slightly anxious now 🙊

Timeline
13 minutes ago, AHA119 said:

I did send them an email yesterday. 

no changes since the interview and I uploaded the birth certificate immediately. 

slightly anxious now 🙊

Seems a similar timeline to ours. We turned in the documents pretty much as soon as possible. Had a bank holiday in there slowing it down, plus the wrinkle of them having the medical after the interview because of the last minute expedite meaning the interview happened before the medical. 

Being of a somewhat nervous disposition ... I'm also anxious but I'm trying to just trust that we are back in the pile for someone to hopefully pull us out. My hope is possibly they are being background checked etc now but who knows. It's frustrating at the opaqueness of all of this. 

7 minutes ago, ArkansasExile said:

Seems a similar timeline to ours. We turned in the documents pretty much as soon as possible. Had a bank holiday in there slowing it down, plus the wrinkle of them having the medical after the interview because of the last minute expedite meaning the interview happened before the medical. 

Being of a somewhat nervous disposition ... I'm also anxious but I'm trying to just trust that we are back in the pile for someone to hopefully pull us out. My hope is possibly they are being background checked etc now but who knows. It's frustrating at the opaqueness of all of this. 

Absolutely! 

i am hoping to hear good news soon. Reuniting with family is quite a heartache. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AHA119 said:

Absolutely! 

i am hoping to hear good news soon. Reuniting with family is quite a heartache. 

No kidding. My mum ended up having an operation/surgery today to insert a feeding tube ahead of her anticipated decline post ALS diagnosis so I feel pretty helpless right now. 

Best of luck to you AHA119 and I'll update once I hear back 

2 hours ago, ArkansasExile said:

No kidding. My mum ended up having an operation/surgery today to insert a feeding tube ahead of her anticipated decline post ALS diagnosis so I feel pretty helpless right now. 

Best of luck to you AHA119 and I'll update once I hear back 

Oh wow. Sorry to hear that and i hope the procedure went well!

good luck and hopefully good news soon. 

all the best

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.