Esylvia

DCF CR-1 London I-130 to email/letter of approval + case number?

64 posts in this topic

On 8/4/2022 at 11:30 PM, UK2USspouse said:

Glad that it could be of some help! 

They never told me it was approved or denied. After they reviewed my documents they just said that they would be in contact. I asked if they had a rough estimate and the person I talked to couldn't give me an answer so I basically just waited the 12 weeks like it said in the original appointment letter. 

As long as they take all the documents during the appointment and didn't say there was anything wrong, I think you should be fine. You just got to wait the 12 weeks (which is a pain) before you can email them and move on to the next step. 

Let me know if you need anything else. Happy to help. 

You're absolutely right, didn't even spot that it said this in the original appointment letter. Thank you 😀

On 7/29/2022 at 10:48 PM, UK2USspouse said:

Hi all, 

This chain helped my spouse and I a lot while we applied for exceptional circumstances so we thought we'd provide our timelines here to help anyone else.

I (US citizen) received a job offer which would require me to move back to the US in May so we started the process around April:

• April 2: Applied for exceptional circumstances using: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/i130-exceptional-circumstances-request-form/ 
  • April 4: Received an email from the embassy setting up a meeting on April 11th
    • They gave us a pdf attached to the email with a checklist of stuff to bring. We basically made sure we got everything sorted and made copies of everything just in case
  • April 11: I went to the embassy to drop off the I-130 application and it was a pretty straightforward process. You go up to the window, show them all your documents and they take it away and return the originals while they keep the copies. They'll also double check your application and ask you to make any corrections (if any).
  • July 5 (12 weeks + 1 day after submitting): I emailed the embassy using the original email I received on April 4 asking for any updates and they responded (in like an hour or 2) with next steps and case numbers
    • During the 12 weeks, we got her police records sorted as that can take a while for it to come
  • July 15: Wife went to get her medical in London
  • July 22: Wife had her interview and everything was good except I forgot to sign the DS-260. They didn't think it was that big of a deal and all we had to do is sign it and drop it off at the couriers. They kept all of her documents (like her passport) and told her to wait for an email from them with instructions for how we can drop off the signed document. We received that email later that day 
    • The questions were basic questions: "when do you plan on moving? who are you staying with?" 
  • July 23: Dropped off the signed document at the courier (they use their own envelope so you don't have to buy your own).
  • July 26: Document was confirmed to have been handed over to the embassy
  • July 28: Received news that the visa was approved and will be delivered the next day
  • July 29: We received the visa! 

Overall the process is pretty straightforward, just make sure to sign all your documents! The 12 weeks is a pain but everything else can go by really quickly as long as you have everything sorted. 

I hope this helps others as they go through their visa process! 

Hey, I had one other question.

Between July 5 and July 15, I'm assuming you submitted your DS-260 online?

If so, did you also submit an I-864, and did you have to upload that online?

You mentioned that you forgot to sign your DS-260; was yours a physical copy?

Kind regards

Edited by Zack202

On 8/13/2022 at 10:42 AM, Zack202 said:

Hey, I had one other question.

Between July 5 and July 15, I'm assuming you submitted your DS-260 online?

If so, did you also submit an I-864, and did you have to upload that online?

You mentioned that you forgot to sign your DS-260; was yours a physical copy?

Kind regards

Hey, sorry! I got them mixed up. 

I submitted the DS-260 online and printed the I-864 for my wife to turn in in person. The I-864 is the document I forgot to sign. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.