SM&JSN

Administrative Processing - London

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi all, wanted to ask for advice.

Went for my K1 visa interview a few weeks ago and was told all was ok and approved pending my medical result being received. Had my medical the next day (couldn't get an appointment beforehand). Results arrived at the London Embassy last Wednesday. 

As of today the case has been viewed and now reads 'non immigrant visa' which I heard is normal. It is now reading Administrative Processing as its status. Is this a normal step?

Thanks in advance for any advice (London specific K1 input much appreciated)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
35 minutes ago, SM&JSN said:

Went for my K1 visa interview a few weeks ago and was told all was ok and approved pending my medical result being received. Had my medical the next day (couldn't get an appointment beforehand). Results arrived at the London Embassy last Wednesday. 

As of today the case has been viewed and now reads 'non immigrant visa' which I heard is normal. It is now reading Administrative Processing as its status. Is this a normal step?

Of course its a normal step.  Administrative processing also includes items such as file prep and visa printing 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, SM&JSN said:

Yes, normal for everybody in London.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
8 hours ago, SM&JSN said:

thanks! any idea how long it usually stays in AP for? 

Oh like 2 hours to 2 days. If it should go to 2 weeks then there is a security thing they are further checking out. Unfortunately if it becomes extended AP, London will not discuss it or even give you a tiny hint as to what’s being checked out. On average for London, a visa is issued and in your hands one week after interview.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Oh like 2 hours to 2 days. If it should go to 2 weeks then there is a security thing they are further checking out. Unfortunately if it becomes extended AP, London will not discuss it or even give you a tiny hint as to what’s being checked out. On average for London, a visa is issued and in your hands one week after interview.

Thank you for calming me. Was issued today.

Timeline
1 hour ago, SM&JSN said:

Thank you for calming me. Was issued today.

Now it goes over to the courier area where they pack it all up for delivery. You’ll get a tracking email (maybe by today or  Thursday) and delivery should be the day after the email. They haven’t been that busy of late in the courier queue  and this step could have your visa delivered by the weekend or at least by Monday. Nothing is certain so don’t make any reservations to leave based on averages. I was all scheduled for a Monday delivery and the courier truck broke down and deliveries ended for the day before my stop. 

Your file is most likely all digital so you won’t have that big white *DO NO OPEN* envelope to carry over to POE. EDIT: NO, SCRATCH THAT. You are K1 and will get the big white envelope. 

Also when I said earlier that London visas tend to arrive a week after interview, that’s when everything is in place. Your medical arrival and review kinda threw an unknown pause in the process but now that it’s issued, you are back on “normal” track for the rest.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
On 5/4/2021 at 9:50 AM, SM&JSN said:

I hope you don’t mind me asking...
Were you apart of the lawsuit?Only asking based on the timeline .We got our NOA1 in Oct 2019.Keeping hoping to see people getting interviews that weren’t apart of the lawsuit to give me a better idea of what the backlog is looking like 

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2021 at 11:04 PM, Stefanie&Danny said:

I hope you don’t mind me asking...
Were you apart of the lawsuit?Only asking based on the timeline .We got our NOA1 in Oct 2019.Keeping hoping to see people getting interviews that weren’t apart of the lawsuit to give me a better idea of what the backlog is looking like 

Hi there,

I am not an original poster but to answer your question, we've filed for K1 in July 2019, got the visa issued in Feb 2020, couldn't leave due to my lengthy work notice. Naturally, the visa expired and I was finally able to get it reissued in London last week. Not part of any lawsuits. Currently the Status says in Administrative Processing so hopefully visa will be in hand in the next few days or so.

Also, I've been able to track down like 6-7 people with expired and reissued visas in London via Facebook groups. Some of them were not part of the lawsuits either. It is slowly moving. (I've heard about Embassy massively cancelling appointments starting August but it seems that does not affect K1s.)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.