4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We filed AOS for my husband the beginning of April. I got a new job and we will be relocating to a different state sometime in June or July. Currently, we just received receipt in text form of our applications. I know we need to send in AR11 to inform them of the change of address once we have moved. Is there anything else we need to do? 

I’m also just wondering how the move will effect everything. 

Do we get put to the back of the queue at the new field office? Or does it go based off of our I797 receipt date? Most importantly, I’m also hoping it won’t prolong his EAD and AP applications. Timeline on this website shows him getting them by Decemberish. 

thanks for the help. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mezyan said:

We filed AOS for my husband the beginning of April. I got a new job and we will be relocating to a different state sometime in June or July. Currently, we just received receipt in text form of our applications. I know we need to send in AR11 to inform them of the change of address once we have moved. Is there anything else we need to do? 

I’m also just wondering how the move will effect everything. 

Do we get put to the back of the queue at the new field office? Or does it go based off of our I797 receipt date? Most importantly, I’m also hoping it won’t prolong his EAD and AP applications. Timeline on this website shows him getting them by Decemberish. 

thanks for the help. 

No effect on ead/ap as that is processed at NBC.

As for AOS, the effect will be better or worse depending on the new local field office backlog 

YMMV

Timeline

Oh, another question...I was sort of in between jobs when we applied. My previous position I made about 3 times what is required. When we applied I had accepted a close to minimum wage filler position to just get by while applying for jobs in my field. I submitted 3 years of tax transcripts all showing I made more than enough to support him. I wrote a letter indicating my current job and that I was looking for work and expected to have a position later in the year. 

now that my situation has changed, I’m assuming I just bring that information to the interview to update them. Or is there another way I can update my case? Suggestions? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

No effect on ead/ap as that is processed at NBC.

As for AOS, the effect will be better or worse depending on the new local field office backlog 

It will be worse, it’s Houston. But that’s okay. Thanks for the information. Greatly appreciate it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.