Najeeb ullah

Islamabad embassy documents review time

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had an interview on 18th of march 2021, the CO asked for original police certificate from United Kingdom (where i previously lived), i Provided the document the same day as it got delayed in the post so couldn't provide it during the interview. i posted the document on 18th march and the embassy acknowledged the receipt of the document the next day (19th march) but the case status still shows refused, the case last update changed 4 times, 22 march, 28 march, 30th march and now it changed yesterday 23 april, do any of you had any such experiance with the embassy? how long do they normally take to review the document. i contacted the embassy and they said the CO have not reviewed the document yet. thank you for your help. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You need to familiarize yourself with the embassy by reading posts and embassy reviews and writing your own review

but as to your question,  you will see the status as refused while the case goes thru security checking and for Pakistan this takes anywhere from a few months to a year or more

Patience is needed 

Timeline
1 minute ago, JeanneAdil said:

You need to familiarize yourself with the embassy by reading posts and embassy reviews and writing your own review

but as to your question,  you will see the status as refused while the case goes thru security checking and for Pakistan this takes anywhere from a few months to a year or more

Patience is needed 

I understand what you are saying but it was just a missing document, the CO said you don't have to comeback for another interview just post the document and we will process your case, i believe it wasn't any security check problem or any other AP senario, the interview went very well i was asked few questions, the only problem i had was the original police certificate missing, which i posted already, i just wana know how long do they normally take to review a single document. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Najeeb ullah said:

I understand what you are saying but it was just a missing document, the CO said you don't have to comeback for another interview just post the document and we will process your case, i believe it wasn't any security check problem or any other AP senario, the interview went very well i was asked few questions, the only problem i had was the original police certificate missing, which i posted already, i just wana know how long do they normally take to review a single document. 

Yep,   and now they start the security checking 

and even if you hadn't needed the addtional documents it would still be a long AP

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I might add having the document on your interview would not have helped.

If you are the lucky ones whose security check gets done soon, you will be issued the visa in 15-20 days.  Else it could be a long wait.

I expect that you will get it in next 15-20 days

Timeline
14 hours ago, aj.choudhry said:

If you are the lucky ones whose security check gets done soon, you will be issued the visa in 15-20 days.  Else it could be a long wait.

I hope its not the long wait because i have been waiting for almost 2 years now. first it was the interview now this. thank you anyway.

Timeline
On 4/25/2021 at 8:29 AM, aj.choudhry said:

Hi my case status changed from refused to AP on friday 30th april,

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 5/2/2021 at 2:29 AM, Najeeb ullah said:

Hi my case status changed from refused to AP on friday 30th april,

Hello, just wondering if there is any update on your case. Did you get your visa? I got into a similar situation 3 days ago. I was missing my birth certificate because the one I had brought was old and invalid. The officer gave me my passport back and gave me a 221g saying I have to mail my birth certificate along with my original passport to the given address. I'm scared I will have to wait for another year or two. Please let us know what happened to you. Thank you very much. 

Timeline
On 7/4/2021 at 7:27 AM, Amatullah said:

Hello, just wondering if there is any update on your case. Did you get your visa? I got into a similar situation 3 days ago. I was missing my birth certificate because the one I had brought was old and invalid. The officer gave me my passport back and gave me a 221g saying I have to mail my birth certificate along with my original passport to the given address. I'm scared I will have to wait for another year or two. Please let us know what happened to you. Thank you very much. 

I have got my visa after 2 days of being in AP. i am in the US now, don't worry it will take around a month or 40 days after you submit the documents. Keep an eye on the case status. When it updates its a good sign.

Timeline
On 7/6/2021 at 4:39 AM, Najeeb ullah said:

I have got my visa after 2 days of being in AP. i am in the US now, don't worry it will take around a month or 40 days after you submit the documents. Keep an eye on the case status. When it updates its a good sign.

Thank you very much for responding. I feel better now. Hopefully it doesn't take longer than that. Happy to hear you are in the USA now :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.