Kiwiana21

I-129F- child question

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hello all!

I imagine I'm overthinking this, but the paperwork (and a wild toddler) has fried my normally competent brain. So-

I-129f, questions 47-48b for the applicant (me), and questions 39-44h for the beneficiary (my partner), are regarding children. 47-48b ask whether I have a child, and the age of said child. 39-44h ask whether he has a child, and then the details of said child(ren) and where the child resides.

I do indeed have a child. So does he. It's the same kid we are referring to here, because the toddler in question is ours. It seems like I should be able to say 'yes' for the applicant and 'yes' for the beneficiary, but something in the wording or setup makes me question if perhaps I am doing this incorrectly. The child does reside with the beneficiary, but I live there, too, so the child resides with both of us- but there's not a lot of room for deviation from yes or no answers here.

I have of course included statements and evidence of us being the parents (photos, birth certificate, et cetera), yet I'm aware their a stickler for the form and I would prefer to just 'get it right' with the first shot.

Help?

Thanks, it's a wealth of knowledge we have here, and I'm grateful for the community.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Hi,

If you are living together, have you considered getting marry and filing for an CR-1 spousal visa?

Yes, at length. K-1 is our chosen route. Thanks though!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kiwiana21 said:

Yes, at length. K-1 is our chosen route. Thanks though!

What consulate?  Many consulates haven't done a routine k1 interview for about year due to the pandemic.   

YMMV

Timeline

For the child, you answer in both places.   I assume the child is already a USC so will not be seeking any derivative immigration benefit.

YMMV

Timeline
20 minutes ago, payxibka said:

What consulate?  Many consulates haven't done a routine k1 interview for about year due to the pandemic.   

New Zealand; we're lucky, interviews for K-1 and other services are indeed running at the consulate here.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kiwiana21 said:

New Zealand; we're lucky, interviews for K-1 and other services are indeed running at the consulate here.

Yes, one of the fortunate 

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

For the child, you answer in both places.   I assume the child is already a USC so will not be seeking any derivative immigration benefit.

Thank you! Specific answers are exactly what I was asking for. 🙂

And yes, child is a dual citizen, NZ/USA. We just received his CRBA and US Passport, so I am doubly sure the consulate is open for business haha.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kiwiana21 said:

Thank you! Specific answers are exactly what I was asking for. 🙂

And yes, child is a dual citizen, NZ/USA. We just received his CRBA and US Passport, so I am doubly sure the consulate is open for business haha.

Not necessarily, Manila is doing CRBAs but hasn't done a routine K-1 interview for 13 months.  I am sure Auckland is open however because NZ has covid under control 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.