DavideT

Ready to Send an RFE due May 6th, quick question:

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi all,

I have a RFE due soon (usually i would've sent way earlier, but i've spent most of april in the hospital.) and i'm just about to send later today/tomorrow morning.

I have two quick questions:

- can i use FedEx to send?  The delivery address is directly at SOMEONE's place (i think it's an attorney), not a P.O. box (i think), and the RFE itself doesn't specify anything about mailing method.... so i assume FedEx is safe?

-In case i wanted to be extra safe and send with both FedEx and USPS, would it be a problem if they received 2 identical packages? Like... i'd assume they'd just go with the one that gets there first and discard the second, there shouldnt' be any repercussions on me, correct?

Thank you

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

There's only one original RFE letter that must be included on top of your reply, so you can't send in 2 identical packages via FedEx and USPS.  One would have a copy of that letter.  One would have the original.  

Seems suspect that the RFE is going to someone's place.  An attorney (you think).  Not a PO Box (you think).  Why not look and make sure?  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

There's only one original RFE letter that must be included on top of your reply, so you can't send in 2 identical packages via FedEx and USPS.  One would have a copy of that letter.  One would have the original.  

Seems suspect that the RFE is going to someone's place.  An attorney (you think).  Not a PO Box (you think).  Why not look and make sure?  

The RFE letter says to "Attach a COPY of this letter", that's why i thought i could send two identical packages!  and it goes to:

ATTN ISO Donald Daveich

US. CItizenship and Immigration Services

Address 

It doesn't mention a P.O. box so i assumed FedEx would work?

14 minutes ago, DavideT said:

The delivery address is directly at SOMEONE's place (i think it's an attorney), not a P.O. box (i think),

USCIS would never have you send documentation to an attorney's office.  

1 minute ago, DavideT said:

The RFE letter says to "Attach a COPY of this letter", that's why i thought i could send two identical packages!  and it goes to:

ATTN ISO Donald Daveich

Address 

The copy you're supposed to attach is a copy of the RFE letter!  So that they have a frame of reference.   Do not send two packages!

Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

USCIS would never have you send documentation to an attorney's office.  

Yeah i realized now its the NJ Field office in Newark! Imma edit the post.

The question still stands though, does a fedex delivery work? (I just feel alot safer lol)

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

The copy you're supposed to attach is a copy of the RFE letter!  So that they have a frame of reference.   Do not send two packages!

Okay, so i have the send the original. 

I'm sorry, i got confused and i thought i could keep the original and send a copy of the letter ^^;

1 minute ago, DavideT said:

Okay, so i have the send the original. 

I'm sorry, i got confused and i thought i could keep the original and send a copy of the letter ^^;

Sigh.  Why is this so confusing?   Keep the original, and make a photocopy of it to send with whatever documentation they are asking for in the RFE.  That way, when it arrives, they will easily be able to affix it to your application.  

Timeline
7 minutes ago, DavideT said:

ATTN ISO Donald Daveich

Address 

You're presuming that Donald Daveich is an attorney.  

Your sending your RFE response to USCIS.  To the attention of Donald Daveich.

Put the original RFE letter on top of your submission.  Send it in by USPS Priority Mail with tracking.  

Timeline

Sigh.  Why is this so confusing?   Keep the original, and make a photocopy of it to send with whatever documentation they are asking for in the RFE.  That way, when it arrives, they will easily be able to affix it to your application.  

Okay, got it. I'm sorry, didn't mean to make it more confusing than what it already is.

The letter specifies a COPY as well, so i will do just what you said.

Timeline

Disagree with you.

Always send in the original RFE letter on top.  He should make and keep a copy of the letter for himself. 

1 minute ago, aaron2020 said:

Disagree with you.

Always send in the original RFE letter on top.  He should make and keep a copy of the letter for himself. 

I was only going with copy, because the OP said the letter specified to send that.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I was only going with copy, because the OP said the letter specified to send that.

3 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Disagree with you.

https://imgur.com/a/P2EHJnI

this is what the letter i received specifies

Timeline

I have never heard of sending in a copy of the RFE letter.  The instructions have always been to send in a response with the original RFE letter on top.  Any cover letter should be on the bottom of that.  

Just now, DavideT said:

https://imgur.com/a/P2EHJnI

this is what the letter i received specifies

I would go with what it says.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.