BiAdam

Would address change delay the AOS interview?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I've been waiting for my interview to be scheduled since March 2020 in San Francisco. In December I moved in the city, and updated my address. Now when I query my case status, it says that as of December 2020, my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. I also know that similar cases with similar filing times received their interview dates already, or even their green cards. I wonder if this status update is only because of the address change, or would they put my case back in the line. Did anyone experience a similar situation?

• 2 months later...
On 4/19/2021 at 6:55 PM, BiAdam said:

I've been waiting for my interview to be scheduled since March 2020 in San Francisco. In December I moved in the city, and updated my address. Now when I query my case status, it says that as of December 2020, my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. I also know that similar cases with similar filing times received their interview dates already, or even their green cards. I wonder if this status update is only because of the address change, or would they put my case back in the line. Did anyone experience a similar situation?

I can't answer the question but I'm in the same position and wondering the same. I changed address 1 year into the AOS period although we're still in the same city. Now the case status checker says "As of October 2020" but when my I first filed it said "As of October 2019". Been waiting a long time!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/19/2021 at 8:55 PM, BiAdam said:

Same local office?

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.