Jump to content

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all

I receive an RFE from USCIS on our case. It is asking this to submit:

-Form i-864, Affidavit of Support, was submitted; however, it was not from the petitioning sponsor. Even if a joint sponsor will be used, the petitioning sponsor must submit Form i-864. In order to process your application further, you must: 

    -Submit a completed and signed form i-864, from the petitioning sponsor. 

 

So we have submitted the i864 from my wife's mom as a sponsor. Now my question is if this additional one that they are asking for supposed to be from my wife as she is petitioning sponsor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, LegalAlienn said:

Hi all

I receive an RFE from USCIS on our case. It is asking this to submit:

-Form i-864, Affidavit of Support, was submitted; however, it was not from the petitioning sponsor. Even if a joint sponsor will be used, the petitioning sponsor must submit Form i-864. In order to process your application further, you must: 

    -Submit a completed and signed form i-864, from the petitioning sponsor. 

 

So we have submitted the i864 from my wife's mom as a sponsor. Now my question is if this additional one that they are asking for supposed to be from my wife as she is petitioning sponsor?

Yes. The USC spouse is always the main sponsor, even if they don't meet the requirements, so they also have to fill out a 864 and send all the required documents with it, like tax returns, for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ayrton said:

Yes. The USC spouse is always the main sponsor, even if they don't meet the requirements, so they also have to fill out a 864 and send all the required documents with it, like tax returns, for example.

Awesome, thank you.

Also since I'm filling a new i864 and in the part one should I select "I am the first sponsor" for my wife, and then just submit a new i864 for joint sponsor where I should select "I am the second of two joint sponsors" for her mom? Since in the previous form that I submitted I selected "I am the only joint sponsor".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, LegalAlienn said:

Awesome, thank you.

Also since I'm filling a new i864 and in the part one should I select "I am the first sponsor" for my wife, and then just submit a new i864 for joint sponsor where I should select "I am the second of two joint sponsors" for her mom? Since in the previous form that I submitted I selected "I am the only joint sponsor".

No. You only have one joint sponsor, not two. You don't need a new 864 for her mom, only your wife.

Edited by Ayrton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
36 minutes ago, LegalAlienn said:

How to Fill Out Affidavit of Support, Form I-864

Omg I am so confused with this 

So what do I check for my wife's i864 and what for her mom's? Sorry about that 

You already sent a 864 for her mom. No need to send a new one unless it was specifically requested again. For your wife you select 1a.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, LegalAlienn said:

Hi all

I receive an RFE from USCIS on our case. It is asking this to submit:

-Form i-864, Affidavit of Support, was submitted; however, it was not from the petitioning sponsor. Even if a joint sponsor will be used, the petitioning sponsor must submit Form i-864. In order to process your application further, you must: 

    -Submit a completed and signed form i-864, from the petitioning sponsor. 

 

So we have submitted the i864 from my wife's mom as a sponsor. Now my question is if this additional one that they are asking for supposed to be from my wife as she is petitioning sponsor?

Correct, even if you use a joint sponsor your wife still has to submit one as petitioner.

You’re lucky, they often keep your money and deny if something primary like this gets omitted.  Fill it out and send it in ASAP.

Edited by Nitas_man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
“;}
×
×
  • Create New...