197 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
42 minutes ago, clarkster said:

@ori8 We just scheduled our interview for 01 FEB 2022! There were only 2 other time slots available. I hope you're able to grab one of them!!

I'm so happy for you!!! ❤️ And thank you for the quote notification, I got into the system and tried to schedule but my card was declined. :( By the time I got off the phone with my bank to unfreeze my card (because they declined it for fraud since it's a Brazilian payment... whoops) the site was already out of appointments. RIP. I'll keep my eye open for the next round of openings!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, ori8 said:

I'm so happy for you!!! ❤️ And thank you for the quote notification, I got into the system and tried to schedule but my card was declined. :( By the time I got off the phone with my bank to unfreeze my card (because they declined it for fraud since it's a Brazilian payment... whoops) the site was already out of appointments. RIP. I'll keep my eye open for the next round of openings!!

Thank you, @ori8❤️

I'm very sorry that you were unable to schedule your appointment today. 💔 I hope some more appointments become available for you soon. If I happen to see any, I will definitely let you know.

Might be good to put a Brazilian travel notice on your card for the next few weeks to ensure that your next attempt is accepted! ✈️ I don't know if it would work, but I think it might! 🤑

Edited by clarkster

Timeline
On 11/4/2021 at 3:52 PM, ori8 said:

The Embassy sent us the interview info packet today after two emails over two weeks. :) However, it looks like the SP doctor isn't taking any new appointments until February 2022. Have any of y'all had success scheduling at the other doctors recently? Or any advice on how to follow-up with doctors offices in a sufficiently annoying but not TOO annoying way to try to get an appointment sooner? I'd really like my fiancé here before the end of the year if at all possible, but I know everyone else feels the same way, so it might not be possible... but still hoping to try! I will gladly fly him to BH or Brasilia if I have to. 

I don't know about the other doctors, but you should keep in contact with the doctor in SP.

I was originally scheduled to December 23rd, which is two weeks after my interview, but by sheer coincidence, someone canceled their appointment on November 5th and I got that slot.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
2 hours ago, clarkster said:

@ori8 Appointments for February 8th & 15th are available right now!!

Screenshot_20211123-122153_Chrome.png

You are an ANGEL, I'm going to cry!!! We got a spot for the 8th and were able to FINALLY get a cash payment to work (literally every credit card I tried was declined, including ones with travel notices... but we managed to do a wire transfer and then pay cash). Such a relief. THANK YOU!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Timeline
15 minutes ago, ori8 said:

You are an ANGEL, I'm going to cry!!! We got a spot for the 8th and were able to FINALLY get a cash payment to work (literally every credit card I tried was declined, including ones with travel notices... but we managed to do a wire transfer and then pay cash). Such a relief. THANK YOU!!! ❤️❤️❤️

There's one appointment available for January 3rd, if you want to reschedule it a bit earlier.

image.png.54b9e54e4033ed219b0b593ea8fd87e9.png

Timeline
2 hours ago, IanD said:

There's one appointment available for January 3rd, if you want to reschedule it a bit earlier.

image.png.54b9e54e4033ed219b0b593ea8fd87e9.png

Thanks for the heads up, Ian. Unfortunately, I am unable to see that date. Someone must have had already gotten to it before me.

Timeline
2 hours ago, ori8 said:

You're welcome! I'm glad that you were able to schedule your interview! I'm sorry that you had to deal with all of those challenges.

Now you can update your timeline! 😁

Edited by clarkster

Timeline
13 hours ago, IanD said:

Hey everyone! I was wondering, what do I need to take to the biometrics appointment at the ASC? I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me.

I asked my fiancee and she said that the requirements posted here are accurate: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-br/iv/information/asc

Timeline
24 minutes ago, dfmag said:

Thank you for the update and congratulations! Were they waiting on your fiance's medical exam or is that the normal processing time?

I don't think it's normal. There are some others in this thread with similar times, but both had K2s. Our status was REFUSED right after the interview. I suspected that there was an issue with the medical so I e-mailed the consulate a little over a week after the interview. The consulate waited their customary week to respond and told us that they were still waiting for the medical. The doctor claimed that she had sent it prior to the interview so I sent an e-mail back to the consulate and included the doctor so they could duke it out. Nobody bothered to respond, but two days later our status changed to Application Received and a week later to Issued. I think a week is probably normal.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Gauchos said:

I don't think it's normal. There are some others in this thread with similar times, but both had K2s. Our status was REFUSED right after the interview. I suspected that there was an issue with the medical so I e-mailed the consulate a little over a week after the interview. The consulate waited their customary week to respond and told us that they were still waiting for the medical. The doctor claimed that she had sent it prior to the interview so I sent an e-mail back to the consulate and included the doctor so they could duke it out. Nobody bothered to respond, but two days later our status changed to Application Received and a week later to Issued. I think a week is probably normal.

Thanks for sharing. It's a shame about the extra confusion, but glad to hear everything is sorted out! Congrats on the visa and good luck with everything! 😀

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.